rlFunctions - collections of some useful functions for neobo

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Post by Guest »

yeah that is what I mean with the path ...

as far as being able to set the file extension .... I would leave it as it is.

also you rlfunctions webpage is down and the ftp plug site is just a screenshot

how about creating a list of the file peices so that they can be easyly deleted

Post by Guest »

SpiritHorseNOOT wrote: yeah that is what I mean with the path ...
yeah, i think so too, but for someone who really wanted, I think I'll make it as defaults. Meaning some part you can set (like drive and dir) and the filename and extension default to the source. and if you also remove the drive and only passed a directory, then it will default to the source drive and set to the passed path plus the default filename and extension. You can either change the filename or filename+ext too. :)

I don't know if I made it clear :wink: But it's better to have the demo pub change for it on its release for complete demonstration.
SpiritHorseNOOT wrote: also you rlfunctions webpage is down and the ftp plug site is just a screenshot
down? during the time of writing this, I have the website opened in IE, yes I did refresh and everything works fine, as well as the server-side tag board :wink:
SpiritHorseNOOT wrote:
how about creating a list of the file peices so that they can be easyly deleted
what do you mean? can you please be specific?

Post by Guest »

well currently .... when you search a directory for a specific type of file
i.e. *.exe or *.exe.* it brings up every file with that specific .exe extension

so what I am thinking is during the join process the plugin could create a list of the file parts specific to that .001 file. then it can be sparsed allowing you to delete the files after the join process is complete.

or just an option to delete the file parts after the join process is complete would be fine too

Post by Guest »

SpiritHorseNOOT wrote:well currently .... when you search a directory for a specific type of file
i.e. *.exe or *.exe.* it brings up every file with that specific .exe extension

so what I am thinking is during the join process the plugin could create a list of the file parts specific to that .001 file. then it can be sparsed allowing you to delete the files after the join process is complete.

or just an option to delete the file parts after the join process is complete would be fine too
oh! :wink: that's really great idea!

I think NeoBook's File functions and string parsing can do that, but... it might be a lot of code :wink: I'll see if I can do it integrated with rlJoinIt function. I'll try adding another parameter that will allow you to set either to delete or not the split files after joining.

Post by Guest »

Version 2.6n/2.6.14.0 has been released !!

- Fixed some parts of the GUI wizard. Also fixed rlWriteVarName mis-behavior
- Added new parameters to rlJoinIt function, allowing you to set the path to where the target file will be created, and allows you to set a switch for a function to be able to delete the source split files or not.

Post by Guest »

Hey Raynold I am getting an error that don't have to do with neobook

Debug Assertion Error

file: fopen.c
Line: 54

Expression: *file != _T("\0")

Post by Guest »

SpiritHorseNOOT wrote:Hey Raynold I am getting an error that don't have to do with neobook

Debug Assertion Error

file: fopen.c
Line: 54

Expression: *file != _T("\0")
I'm sorry, I can't reproduce it. Can you please be specific which function does it occur and/or when? or what are you trying to do?, I tried both at design time and run time, I tried them both on win98 and winxppro and nothing happens.

Edited...

I downloaded your latest 1.0a beta of your My Little Splitter I discovered what you mean.

I got your asssertion error when I click on the Help button. Is this anything related to rlFunctions? which function? and when? can it be reproduced?
another thing, I tracked the version of rlFunction it uses... it's version 2.6k, and I have just released recently 2.6n, I highly recommend you to update your version. :)

Post by Guest »

problem resolved ... and the error happens when the is nothing for the split or join filename and it happens even with the newest version
reynoldlariza

Post by reynoldlariza »

rlFunctions v2.6r is now released!

- added rlFileListEx, rlInsertComma, rlGetDiskInfo :)
- the installer setup is now smaller, It now uses Inno Setup 5. :)
- added an About dialog box :wink:
HPW

Post by HPW »

Hello Reynold,

just download it and also tried rlNeoLua, but this gives me a download error 404.

>It now uses Inno Setup 5

It's a nice installer. I use it also now for some projects. (Not plugins)
I like the delphi-like install-script and that it is open source (also delphi ;-) )
Hans-Peter
reynoldlariza

Post by reynoldlariza »

HPW wrote:Hello Reynold,

just download it and also tried rlNeoLua, but this gives me a download error 404.
sorry, about that :wink: I know I have uploaded it... , it now seems ok. Retry it, then tell me.
HPW wrote: >It now uses Inno Setup 5

It's a nice installer. I use it also now for some projects. (Not plugins)
I like the delphi-like install-script and that it is open source (also delphi ;-) )
yeah, and I'm getting more closer to delphi language, every day :)
HPW

Post by HPW »

In the moment I even get no connect to your server.
Will try later.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Post by HPW »

Now I got it.

From your download site:
Christian Chauvin - his website contains neobook plug-ins too, but the website is written only in Spanish.

lgasoft- contains several free neobok plug-ins. The website also has an article discussing about what's a neobook plug-in and how install it.
Link to my site is the old site http://hpwickern.homepage.t-online.de/
It will be deleted soon and is not up to date.
Use better: http://www.hpwsoft.de/

Christian Chauvin website is written only in French!

lgasoft has no more plugins and your link points to Christian Chauvin.
Hans-Peter
reynoldlariza

Post by reynoldlariza »

argh <grin> your right :wink:

no more plug-ins from Igasoft :(

Christian Chauvin website is written only in French!
heheh, yeah you got me rolling my eyes. Why did I thought of Spanish if it's French? :lol:
eliaskho

Post by eliaskho »

Hello,

I am trying to download the rl-Plugins from the site and always get the following:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /rlfunctions/rlFunctionsPlugInSetup26r.zip on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.1.4 (FreeBSD) PHP/4.4.0 Server at reynoldlariza.bizhat.com Port 80

Can anybody help?

Thanks,