Albero Meyer's plug-ins

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

dglojnar

Albero Meyer's plug-ins

Post by dglojnar »

Dear Neobookers :-)

Some time ago I bought almost whole collection of Alberto Meyer's plug-ins, and we have a good communication until 2 years ago,from this time I don't have any informations about Alberto :(
I know he was sick, but, my last mail I sent to him last week was returned as unknown mail (I have actually his 3 email addresses) and seems like all are closed or inactive.

In last 2 years I send him emails regularly every week, but, unfortunatelly, I didn't receive any answer from him or his wife...

So, I decide to share all his plugins from my collection with community - registered details, some improvement plugins made for me, different versions etc...

Before I make this and share link, I would like to know what Neobookers really thing about it?
If is any moral doubt, I quit from sharing...
Also, it's been a while when Albetro made any update from his massive collection of plug-ins, so I think we can say that this plug-ins are abandoned.

I know a lot of people have bad experience with Alberto, but, his contribution is, actually, huge, and it's a shame not to use any of his plugins...

Waiting for comments and opinions, specially from Dave and old members of the forum.

And If someone have ANY relevant information about Albert and his health condition, I'll be really grateful if this information can be shared with us.

Regards,
dglojnar
gigisat60

Re: Albero Meyer's plug-ins

Post by gigisat60 »

From the news of a few years ago we know that he died. We are pleased if you want to share your material.
HPW

Post by HPW »

Hello,

When he really has passed away, it are sad news for the community.
He was a great contributor to the plugin market.

I am not sure about the legal stuffs to share Software from a dead developer.
Does his Business die with him?

Another point is the fact, that you can get Problems in using a unsupported plugin.
I would not use a plugin anymore, when I know that it will be a dead end.

Regards,
Hans-Peter
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

gigisat60 wrote:From the news of a few years ago we know that he died. We are pleased if you want to share your material.
Are you sure about that ?
Because I had some mail conversation with him about 2.5 years ago..

:( :( :(
ajhunt

Post by ajhunt »

Hi Neobookers, I thought I would add my comments too. The last contact I had with Alberto was 28 Feb 2016 and not received anything back from him since. I believe it would be really nice and a wonderful legacy and memory for Alberto for people to continue to use of his great plugins as he put so much effort and help into the NeoBook community. Could we, anyone who would like his plugins, even donate something somewhere?
Roxie

Post by Roxie »

Just throwing this out for thought, but wouldn't his wife or family have copyright claims to his works? Even if not, wouldn't it be considerate to locate his family and request permission to make his plug-ins public?
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Digitally, something is copyrighted automatically the moment it is created. It is copyrighted to the creator. In order for the creator, or his family, to legally pursue copyright infringement in court, the creation must be filed with the copyright office. It would be a civil matter handled in a civil court. In court, you must be able to prove that you are the creator, or that it is copyrighted to you. Don't know how it would be handled in Brazil.

That being said, I think it would be wise to do a little more research before making his plugins available to the public. For legal reasons, but also out of respect. Even if it's just contacting his family, as Roxie suggested, and asking their permission. It's entirely possible the family, (if any) would even be aware of the plugins or care what happens to them. I knew Al fairly well. I think he would want what he created to be used by neobookers, rather than sit uselessly on his computer. But that decision isn't up to me. I doubt any legal repercussions would happen if it was treated as abandonware. So you just have your conscience to deal with.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Hi guys,

I tried to buy some plugin's, but he did not answer for a looooong time. If his plugins were to resurface, I would be really happy, because some of them are unique, no equivalent.

Of course, it is impossible to prejudge what his family would like, but one thing is sure : 3 years ago (2015) I wanted to buy plugin's, but he did not answer my requests. So, what more can we do than, to buy his plugin's ?

If someone has contact with his family, it would be wise to ask the question on this subject. Time passes without stopping, and soon its plugins will never be able to serve. :(
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

Well, first of all, thank all Neobookers for good discussion about Alberto's plug-ins :D

One BIG problem is that nobody from his family after sending a ton of mails (at least his wife, because she send me a mail about two years ago) didn't contact me, so :

1. He don't have any family
2. His family don't have any access to his mailbox, or just don't care about his plug-ins...

I still have a doubt is my decision to give all his serials with plug-ins good or not...

Anyway, if I didn't receive any info from anyone from his family (if any) until end of may, I will create link for downloading all Alberto's plugins I have.

In a meantime, I really need Dave's opinion, here on Forum, or on my private mail:-)

Best regards!
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

I am actively looking for 2 Alberto Meyer's plugins :

- tmBassDLL
- tmAdvancedAudio

Since 2015, Alberto did not answer my requests to buy them.
If someone has these plugin's (full version...), I really need it for my audio apps.

Unfortunately, it is not in the list of plugins that dglojnar will offer us in a short time...
So, I am actively looking !

Thank you for contacting me privately.
luishp

Post by luishp »

It's really a pity to know about Alberto's death.
He was one of the most prolific plugin developers.
Recently I tried to find more information about him and Techmedia with no luck.
According to archive.org, the web (techmedia-plugins.com.br) was alive until may 2014.
It is still possible to visit a copy of his website thanks to achive.org Time Machine, and even to download some of his plugins from there:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140516192 ... ns.com.br/

Unfortunately, sharing abandoneware is illegal and we should not do it in a public forum like this one, as it will become illegal too.
Anyway, I also purchased a collection of plugins from Techmedia and, if someone do really need any of them, I will be open to share them privately.
This is my list of Techmedia plugins:

tmftp
tmhostexe
tmleddisplay
tmprintsys3
tmpsdgui
tmrc
tmrss (freeware)
tmsapi
tmscreenpicker (freeware)
tmscrollbar (freeware)
tmshortcuts
tmsmtprelay
tmspreadsheet
tmstorage
tmsupertext
tmtextreader
tmudp

Best regards.
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

I agree with luishp:-)

So, here's my list of purchased Alberto's plug-ins:-)

tmExplorer
tmPrintSys 1.03
events
nbSystemHelper
nbYearGrid
Passwords
printsys2
progbar1
pshost
tmalarmsevents
tmcalendarplus
tmcanvas
tmClock
tmDatabaseDBF
tmDatabaseMDB
tmdatabasemysql
tmdatabasexml
tmDates
tmdownloader
tmdragdrop103
tmemaildialogs
tmemailpop3
tmfilelistbox
tmflash2
tmfolderedit
tmgmaps
tmhelper
tmhostexe
tmIEhelper
tmIEhelper 1.02
tmJavaApplet2
tmLineMixer
tmlocalize
tmmacro
tmMouseCam
tmmousehook
tmmp3tagreadwriter
tmnetimage
tmosd
tmpdf
tmPing
tmpopupmenu
tmPrintSys 4
tmpsdgui
tmrc
tmremotedirs
tmreports
tmRSS
tmsapi
tmscheduler
tmscreenpicker
tmscrollbar
tmshellhook
tmshortcut
tmsmtprelay
tmsplitter
tmspreadsheet103
tmspreadsheet201
tmspreadsheet204
tmstorage107
tmStorage109
tmStorage202
tmsupertext
tmsysinfo
tmsyslocker
tmtextreader
tmtips
tmUDP
tmVideoWindow
tmwab
tmwebbrowser
tmwebupd
tmwiiprogressbar
WordPad

I didn't try plug-ins on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 because I don't use them, I'm still on XP SP3.
Also, some plug-ins seems like not quite finished.

For all further informations, please contact me privately :-)
ajhunt

Post by ajhunt »

Hi dglojnar, just PM'd you - hopefully received OK. Kind regards Anthony
DELCO

Post by DELCO »

Hello,
I am interested by some of Alberto's plugins. But the fact to not be able to thanks him for his work or his family, makes me so unconfortable....I can't. I have the feeling to be a thief...
I am so sorry for you Alberto.
Denis
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

DELCO wrote:Hello,
I am interested by some of Alberto's plugins. But the fact to not be able to thanks him for his work or his family, makes me so unconfortable....I can't. I have the feeling to be a thief...
I am so sorry for you Alberto.
Denis
It' actually pretty tricky situation - there's no relevant information about Alberto Meyer, we all know that his web site is closed and nobody contact him after 2014, 2015.
Also, it's almost impossible to contact ANY member of his family - wife, relatives brothers, sisters, co-workers...
But what's REALLY happend with him, nobody knows, isn't it'?

i have some good friends in Brasil and they start small investigation about Alberto, hope they can tell me some good informations, just e-mail from any family member i more then enough - I'm waiting for results.

On the other side, his contribution to Nebook family was huge, even he was a bit chaotic and sometimes messy :-)

So, what we can do with his plug-ins ?
It's a really gold mine, even if is not supported any more, and, somehow, it's a kinda bad not to share with community if someone can use it...

I try to be pragmatic in this situation, but it's definitely not easy to be:-)

Please David, if you have any comments or thoughts, share with us:-)

Best regards!