NeoAppBuilder Update 16.6.25

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

NeoAppBuilder Update 16.6.25

Post by Neosoft Support »

An update to the NeoAppBuilder Beta is available for download below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/neoappbuilder.html

Version 16.6.25 includes the following changes:

• The Project menu’s Archive/Backup command is now functional and can be used to locate and copy an app’s source files into a folder or zip file.

• Added a Text Area object.

• Added an Advanced tab to the App Properties screen to allow more control of an app’s metadata. Default metadata can be turned off and custom metadata added to the app’s <head> and <body> sections.

• Corrected a problem that prevented apps compiled to Windows EXE format from executing properly.

• And several other minor fixes and enhancements.
NeoSoft Support
farhad2008

Re: NeoAppBuilder Update 16.6.25

Post by farhad2008 »

hi,
very good
thank you very much
farhad
The Words I Love You
luishp

Post by luishp »

This is a great update.
Archive-Backup, TextArea and custom metadata are esential features!
Thank you very much
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
luishp

Post by luishp »

After working a while with the new and awesome Archive/Backup option I have notice every image and asset on the original App is copied to the same folder as the destination App.
From now on every image will have, on the destination archived App, a relative path.
Thats GREAT except for the detail that it will not be the same relative path on Test Mode and once compiled, as images are moved to "img" folder and .js files to "js" folder in the compilation process.
This way, when I develop a plugin or a script wich needs some image to work properly, I have to decide if it will work fine on Test Mode or in the final Compiled App, as the path to the image differs.
I hope to explain myself fine enough :)

In any case this software is one of my favorite ones from all times.
I hope it will be as successful as it deserves.
Congratulations.

Luis.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

...Thats GREAT except for the detail that it will not be the same relative path on Test Mode and once compiled, as images are moved to "img" folder and .js files to "js" folder in the compilation process.
Good point. Maybe having images and JavaScript archived into img and js folders can be added as an option?
NeoSoft Support
luishp

Post by luishp »

I am not sure about the best approach.
My preference would be to have an "assets" folder located within the NeoAppBuilder source file folder.
The whole "assets" folder should be copied within the Test and Compiled folders, no matter wich kind of file I put inside (images, php files, js files, or any other type of file).
This way I know where to look for any asset file when programming Plugins or custom scripts.
Any image added to NeoAppBuilder IDE from that folder should mantain a relative path: "assets/myasset.jpg" and be copied there with the archive/backup option.

What do you think?
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

That's an interesting idea.

Do you mean that NAB should automatically copy any files you use in an app to the assets folder in design mode? Or just when test running and compiling?

I think the standard folder organization is to use img and js folders, but a single assets folder would be simpler.
NeoSoft Support
luishp

Post by luishp »

Do you mean that NAB should automatically copy any files you use in an app to the assets folder in design mode? Or just when test running and compiling?
I don't mind as far as we have a consistent model where every asset is easily found when running in test mode and in compiled Apps.
Although if NAB automatically copy any files you use in an app to the assets folder in design mode, we can use relative paths from the beginning. I think this is much more desirable.
Even for the development of future helper tools, it would make finding assets really easy. Right now they can be everywhere at design time and in two different places when running in test mode and once compiled.
Perhaps you can keep the current folders for NAB core libraries, and a assets folder for any NAB user added image, js library, php file, etc.
Of course, the final decission is yours :)
mishem

Post by mishem »

Although the help file as such yet, but for the future I have a suggestion ...
That program was looking for help file, depending on the language in which it is running. For example, the Russian language NeoAppBuilder_Rus.chm. If not, then open NeoAppBuilder.chm. This is not to replace the original file is localized.
Хоть файла справки как такого еще нет, но на будущее у меня есть предложение...
Чтобы программа искала файл справки в зависимости от того на каком языке она запущена. Например для русского языка NeoAppBuilder_Rus.chm. Если такого файла нет, то открывать NeoAppBuilder.chm. Это чтобы не заменять оригинальный файл локализованным.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Although if NAB automatically copy any files you use in an app to the assets folder in design mode, we can use relative paths from the beginning. I think this is much more desirable....
The assets would have to be relative to the folder where the test/compiled html is created, not the app source - right?
That program was looking for help file, depending on the language in which it is running. For example, the Russian language NeoAppBuilder_Rus.chm. If not, then open NeoAppBuilder.chm.
That's a good idea!
NeoSoft Support
luishp

Post by luishp »

The assets would have to be relative to the folder where the test/compiled html is created, not the app source - right?
Yes, although I know this is somehow difficult becouse you need a place to referenciate them at design time too.
mishem

Post by mishem »

Here the question.
Всем привет!
Решил написать приложение, обновился до этой версии.
При открытии ошибка - "Your system clock appears to have been set back, possibly in an attempt to defeat the security system on this program. Please correct your system clock before trying to run this program again. If your clock is correct, please contact the author of this program for instructions on correcting this error (report code CCB-F )"
стоит win7x64
у кого было? как лечить? на оффоруме нет инфы ((
кста, время стоит правильное

Upgrade to this version. At the opening of this error. How do I fix this problem? The time is set correctly.
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

Dave,
Any idea when NeoAppBuilder will sold as an application to the avoid time expiration of the beta's? Thanks
JimC
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

I'm sorry, I have no idea how to fix the system clock error. I've never encountered it before.
Any idea when NeoAppBuilder will sold as an application to the avoid time expiration of the beta's?
I'm not sure. There are several issues that need to be resolved before it can be released as a commercial product. It may take weeks or possibly months to sort them all out. I'm sorry, I can't be more specific. However, the beta expiration dates have no effect on compiled apps.
NeoSoft Support
farhad2008

Post by farhad2008 »

hi,
what date release new update?

farhad
The Words I Love You