Neobook browser and Facebook

Questions and information about creating Internet aware NeoBook applications. Including PHP, HTML, FTP, HTTP, Email, etc.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

fkapnist

Neobook browser and Facebook

Post by fkapnist »

I made a simple browser program for Facebook that slowly scrolls down automatically since the Facebook page keeps adding content and you can scroll for hours... My scrolling browser works ok but I noticed another problem with the IE Webbrowser object (using Win10)...... It does not allow me to add a comment to Facebook. As soon as I hit enter, instead of adding the comment it simply creates a new paragraph. I tested it with the Neosoft browser example and it does the same thing. The IE Webbrowser object has so many problems with Win10, and no one is doing anything to fix it.

:cry:

fkapnist

Re: Neobook browser and Facebook

Post by fkapnist »

Also, none of the Facebook videos will play (using Windows 10). The YouTube and news feed videos work, but not those uploaded by Facebook users. It is a very annoying Flash Player - uselessly embedded in Windows 10 - and the end user can do nothing. I think the Neobook Chromium plugin may be worth trying. It may be large in MB size but at least it renders correctly. Microsoft has turned its back on its IE WebBrowser object. I can find no code forum discussions about it anywhere that are not a few years old (before the release of Windows 10).

:cry:

Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Neobook browser and Facebook

Post by Neosoft Support »

Microsoft has turned its back on its IE WebBrowser object. I can find no code forum discussions about it anywhere that are not a few years old (before the release of Windows 10).
You may be right, but it's surprising since there are many apps that still use the IE Browser object. However, most use it for specific features within their software and not as a general purpose web browser.
NeoSoft Support