Help me on javascript

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

HackinHoodLogicsTm

Help me on javascript

Post by HackinHoodLogicsTm »

i want to make a form that a user will fill in the following details

Name
Email
Subject
Mail

and after sends his information to my email account.

i already created the fields with the variables but left with how to
setup up the send buttom, which will send the info into my account

Thanks in advance
I am proud to be a Neobooker!!!
www.neosoftware.com
Special Thanks To
Mr. David Riley
jmr

Re: Help me on javascript

Post by jmr »

Sorry this may not be much help.... however the discussion is important.

I suspect this will be a popular requirement as well as database support directly from the APP. Many Apps and most of the ones I have released over the years need email and database support directly within the App in some way. Business Apps tend to need that anyway. Security of your code would then be essential as you would need to protect log in credentials.

As far as I was aware on its own Javascript cannot send mail directly. This is due to security. It can fire up the users email client and populate the fields but the user would still need to press send for the content to go. Basic HTML code can do the same and populate the fields so nothing flash about that.

Visual Basic script using the Microsoft.CDO works but you need to run the script. Not sure if this is available or even whether it will be with this new App builder.
Or A PHP script populated from your variables and then run on the browser would work. The main issue when not running on your website would be the need to provide the SMTP settings to send email and then this code would need to be secured from prying eyes. As we are learning the source code of your App with this new APP builder is visible so someone could easily extract your SMTP settings and use them to blast emails out as spam.

Anyway others may have more helpful input.
HackinHoodLogicsTm

Post by HackinHoodLogicsTm »

Thanks in advance
I am proud to be a Neobooker!!!
www.neosoftware.com
Special Thanks To
Mr. David Riley
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

You could easily accomplish this with a small PHP script on your website. It would not be necessary to include any user names, passwords or SMTP information in the PHP file. The PHP Mail function will handle this automatically. The FormSubmit example app could be modified to send mail instead of returning data.
NeoSoft Support
PaulTomo

Post by PaulTomo »

HackinHoodLogicsTm

I have just noticed your post and following the advice on modifying the "form submit app" and using the PHP Mail function I was able to capture details plus the email address, forward to my-self and cc the sender with the details sent.

How did you get on?
krackerjaxz

Post by krackerjaxz »

The main option that comes to mind is similar to what's already been mentioned. That is, a page from your website. I'm just starting out with mobile apps myself, however, have been doing web design and development for quite a few years.

If you are truly concerned about security of the user's information being sent via PHP (i.e. using a simple mail form via mail() ) there's a few things you may be able to do. Firstly, if you want to create the mail script specific to your needs, then check out this page on the mail function in PHP:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

If you really don't want the page to be super public, then you can always add some meta tags in the header of your php page that would tell the robots to not follow, index, or archive the page.

For increased security, you could have the page loaded through HTTPS by using a cheap (<$20) SSL certificate.

Finally, you can encrypt the information that's being sent. If you're using WordPress for the form creation, then there's a simple form plugin called SimpleSecure. It creates a basic form (name, subject, message). The information is encrypted using PGP.

If you're wanting to use OpenPGP and create your own form, then I'd suggest this post on Stack Overflow here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1596 ... pgp-in-php