Robosoft and Software Distribution Applications

Questions related to the distribution, marketing and selling of applications created with NeoBook. (Formally titled: "Making Money with NeoBook")

Moderator: Neosoft Support

krackerjaxz

Robosoft and Software Distribution Applications

Post by krackerjaxz »

Has anyone ever heard of or use Robosoft (http://robosoft.rudenko.com/)? It's a software submission program. You can use it to submit your software to supposedly thousands of different download sites and software directories. Not only am I curious about the experience of anyone that may have used this program but I'd like to know if these types of programs are worth using to distribute software or get exposure for software.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Robosoft and Software Distribution Applications

Post by Neosoft Support »

We have used Robosoft to submit trial versions of NeoBook and NeoPaint to various shareware sites. It's really difficult to tell how well it works or even if it works at all. It does result in your software being listed on many different sites, but I'm not sure how many people actually get software from these types of sites anymore. Some of the sites are good, but many of them are low quality. Others list things by popularity so new products never have any chance of breaking through. Probably most people now search engines when looking for software, but being listed on lots of shareware sites may improve your placement in the search results.

Robosoft offers a $15 one month subscription which is cheap enough to make it worth doing, but you will spend a couple of hours configuring the software before you can start submitting. Again, I can't really tell you how effective these submissions are in 2015.
NeoSoft Support
krackerjaxz

Re: Robosoft and Software Distribution Applications

Post by krackerjaxz »

Thanks for your prompt response. I have thought about the issue you've mentioned prior to writing the post. In regards to the quality of the submissions, I completely agree. Most similar programs tout a large list number. The quality, however, is questionable. My only hope is that by it being listed it may get some more exposure. It's my hopes also that the backlinks it creates would help with my search engine ranking. Then again, there''s the possibly of low quality backlinks. Since artificial backlinking has become so popular I believe some search engines may not see every backlink as valid.

As for whether it works or not, I can only think of one method to attempt to track it. I'll create a trial version of my software with a buy now type button in it. That will actually open a special link used for tracking. The downside is this link will be used for the entire submission. That is, I won't know which directories/sites are really bringing home the bacon. To accomplish that I'd have to create a version with the special link for each site I submit my software to. That seems a bit cumbersome. Therefore, I'll create a special link just for the sites this software submits to.

It says that it has a 30-day free trial. Before submitting I'll look over the directories and websites that it submits to. If some are not to my liking then I'll have it not submit to them.