Re: PFlashAssist Plugin

Post by Gaev »

UltraVox:

I have sent an email to you.
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Hi Gaev,

Something a little strange happens with PFlashAssist. An application I coded in 2014 (and that worked very well), does not work at all today : nothing appears in the "WebBrowser1". I did a test by compiling an .exe from the .pub file provided with the PFlashAssist plugin. He does not work either. Yet, the same test file compiled in 2014 works well ! It's strange and I do not understand the reason.

I'm sending you (in private) my zipped PFlashAssist directory, which also contains the 2 executables : test.exe and test2.exe

test.exe is from 2014 and it works ...
But, test2.exe is today, and it does not work ...

I pull my hair, because my app. does not work, while it has always worked perfectly with PFlashAssist.

What would be the reason, according to you ?

Thank you.
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Answer and solution provided by Gaev in private.

Everything is working ! It was not my fault, there was a real problem. Someone at MS, Adobe (or other) had decided to change very important visual coordinates in Flash, since 2014. It was not likely to work correctly ! :roll: But I could not know it.

Big Thanks to Gaev and Hans-Peter.
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

If you aren't going to post the solution here for others to learn from, what's the point of using this forum? Why not just contact Gaev privately when you have problems?
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

I did not have his email address. Here is the solution :
Ms or Adobe changed the Position of the origin in the embedded IE:

In pfa.html change one Line :

Code: Select all

// pf.pf_locatestage((-anchura/2)+1,(-altura/2)+1);
to

Code: Select all

pf.pf_locatestage(0,0);
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Wrangler:
If you aren't going to post the solution here for others to learn from, what's the point of using this forum? Why not just contact Gaev privately when you have problems?
UltraVox sent me his exe files via email (because this forum does not facilitate uploads/downloads); as I told him, I do not run exe files from foreign sources ... however, his description of the problem sounded a bit like one that another user encountered six months ago (for which Hans-Peter had provided a work around) ... I suggested that UltraVox try the same ... it worked ... and in order to close the issue posted here, UltraVox made a follow up post.

I had planned to setup a separate post to identify the issue (caused by a change in a newer Adobe file used by Microsoft in later versions of Windows).

The delay was in trying to find a solution that (automatically) works with older AND newer versions of the Adobe Flash file ... still looking for a scripted way to find the version in use.
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Gaev,

If you need to update the PFlashAssist plugin, consider adding a new script in the Flash.swf file to completely remove the flash context menu. This solution exist. It has been published by Adobe since the last Flash releases.

There is an example here, but I'm sure we can find a better :
http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials ... ntextmenu/
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Gaev and Hans,

With the creator of PFlash, we are trying to recompile the .swf file by inserting a script that removes the Flash context menu (right-click). We managed to find a version of Flash CS6 that could do the job. However, we encounter a problem :

The .swf file provided with the PFlash NB plugin weighs 100Kb. However, the new pfa.swf file (recompiled by its creator) weighs only 57KB. And oddly, it does not work with the PFlash NB plugin, but it works with the PFlash version of the creator.

Can you tell us if you have changed anything to the original .swf file ? Did you recompile it ?

Thank you.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

UltraVox:

1) As mentioned to you previously, PFlashAssist was a joint effort ...

- Luis Pena provided the PFlash components (pfa.swf and pfa.html)
- I designed/defined the (user friendly) pfaXXXX commands and wrote the Help file
- Hans Peter developed the plugin that transposed the pfaXXXX commands to those (javascript) commands inside the pfa.html file that made pfa.swf do its magic

2) I (and to the best of my knowledge) Hans Peter do NOT have any ability to compile to swf files.

3) pfa.swf on my computer is also 100 KB.
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

Thank you Gaev,

Indeed, without Flash sources, you can not recompile. I have the Flash sources (with its dependencies) and I encounter the same problem as Luis.

The few lines of script that have been removed have been replaced by others (the script to remove the context menu). There should not be such a big difference in weight. We are looking for the reason.

The strangest thing is that the component works with PFlash, but not with PFlashAssist. Grrrrr...

If we could find an HTML/Javascript method to prevent the contextual menu from appearing, it would avoid us modifying the .swf file.