Freepascal testplugin failed

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

HPW

Re: Freepascal testplugin failed

Post by HPW »

Tried it again and still the same size.
Maybe someone other can test it.
No idea why it should not work from my side.

Regards
Hans-Peter
HPW

Post by HPW »

Hello Gaev,

Thanks, no more needed. It was the bad IE8 on my XP. After trying it with current chrome browser, I now get it fine.

Regards
Last edited by HPW on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans-Peter
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

Try downloading it with other browser Hans. On the other hand I just send you an email with the "lazarus2" sample attached. ;)

P.S. Thanks Gaev.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
dec

Post by dec »

HPW wrote:Hello Gaev,

Thanks, no more needed. It was the bad IE8 on my XP. After trying it with current chrome browser, I now get it fine.

Regards
Okidoki! ;)
HPW

Post by HPW »

Thanks for sharing this with us David! Is it OK if we include your sample in a future version of the plug-in SDK?
The current SDK-Download from the resource Center still does not include the Lazarus/Freepascal template.
And dec's download does no more work. So new reader of this thread may search for it.

Regards
Hans-Peter
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,
HPW wrote:
Thanks for sharing this with us David! Is it OK if we include your sample in a future version of the plug-in SDK?
The current SDK-Download from the resource Center still does not include the Lazarus/Freepascal template.
And dec's download does no more work. So new reader of this thread may search for it.

Regards
Sorry for the broken link. Here is the sample:

http://www.neoplugins.com/Humm/Sites/Ma ... zarus2.zip
luishp

Post by luishp »

Hi!,

I'm starting to play a little bit with Lazarus and I wonder if this template is still available.
Does anybody tried to develop a NeoBook plugin with Lazarus / Free Pascal?
Thank you!
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

You may be able to use the sample Delphi plug-ins included with the our SDK. I haven't used Lazarus, but I've heard that it under the Tools menu is an option to convert a Delphi project. Maybe that will get you started.
NeoSoft Support
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

What's new here ?

I posted a recent post (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21946) in the plugin's section, in connection with a 3D Game Engine (Castle Game Engine) coded in Object Pascal. Is it possible to imagine a NB plugin to access the 3D features of this engine ?

Moreover, I am surprised that no one on this forum has ever been interested by GLScene. It's programmed in Delphi and it's Open-Source : http://glscene.sourceforge.net/wikka/

Who would agree to work on it (on the first or second) ?

Thank you for your answers.
Cheers,
HPW

Post by HPW »

Hello,

Nothing new here, Dec had shown a basic template how to make a freepascal plugin. That was working so far, but has not shown advanced Demos like a grapical plugin. Which does not mean that it is not possible.

And I am pretty sure that other users here were interested on the Castle engine and GLscene in the past.
But both are huge components with tons of functions and complex API.
And it would need a lot of timeconsuming work to build a 3D-plugin from them.
So how attractiv would it be for a commercial developer to invest time for such a plugin?

neosoft has enough to do with the work for neoappbuilder and neobook/neopaint.

Not nice, but a reality.

Regards
Hans-Peter
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

I understand, HPW. But for me, it's always the same answer since I use NB (2007). And since that time, there are only 3 different aspects I asked for NB :

1/ Audio processing : compatibility with VST technology (nothing serious has ever been done)
2/ User interface : adding several items (nothing serious has ever been done and missing a lot of interesting little things)
3/ 3D management : with a Open-Source 3D game engine (complex, I grant it. But what an immense step taken by NB !)

The simplest of the three requests concerned the addition of items for user interfaces. The management of native TABS, for example. I had asked NB, years ago. I was told "this is the list of things to add". We are in 2017 and still nothing.

You know, I'm trying to make sure NB never dies... For that, it has to expand with other areas of application. Sound, image and 3D are very exciting fields. Do not immerse yourself in it, it's leave NB and its user community, die. I refuse it.

So, let's stop answering either "it will be added soon !", or "what interest to give time ?".

Interest, is that NB will die if nothing new happens. I do not have the impression that the number of NB users increases...

So I wonder what will be the final reaction of plugin's developers when Dave comes to announce the closing of Neosoft ?

I wish the best for this community.

Cheers,
HPW

Post by HPW »

Hello,

You make some correct points.
So I wonder what will be the final reaction of plugin's developers when Dave comes to announce the closing of Neosoft ?
Of which plugin developers? Only a few are active and visible here.
Dave has not very big resources to spend on his products. Thats the reality we have to see.
But for me neobook is still such a great tool in my toolbox, that I do not want to miss it.

And everyone who is interested can take the Sdk and start making his own plugins.

I do not know the future but as long MS does not kill Win32 Api (as in Windows 10 S) we can use our tools.

Regards
Hans-Peter
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

There's nothing, or anything, that you can do, as it is, with NeoBook and that would not exist elsewhere, multiplied by 100 or 1000, on the Internet and in free version. NeoBook does things "banal" and "standard" software. He does not know how to get out of the ordinary.

In order for him to know how to do other things, he must be given the possibilities by plugin's. Yes, you can actually use your tools, but the sad reality is that all these tools already exist, free, on the Internet. For example, what is the use of coding a drawing software that would be chargeable, since there is a pleiade that are free and much more effective ?

That's why I consistently want to develop new resources for NB. Because it is the only way to be inventive, to surprise and to maintain a community, alive.

The reality is that the only people who earn a little money with NB, are not NB developers but plugin developers, who are paying. I rejoice for them. But all this does not advance the situation. If the few developers who are here do not make plugin's for 3D, nor for Sound/Audio, or for other areas in demand for e-commerce, then this is the end of NeoBook.

It's really heartbreaking, because Dave has created an easy language with a specific compiler, which requires a lot of thought and hard work.

It is imperative to open NB to new perspectives.

Cheers,
David de Argentina

Post by David de Argentina »

UltraVox wrote: 3/ 3D management : with a Open-Source 3D game engine (complex, I grant it. But what an immense step taken by NB !)
Why FreePascal dialect? Did you try some basic dialect wrapper?

Migration between Basic dialect is not veeeeery dificult...

Remember you could create plugins using PowerBasic or NeoThinBasic.

My 0.01

David de Argentina
UltraVox

Post by UltraVox »

If I knew how to code in Delphi, PowerBasic or NeoThinBasic, I would not ask for new plugins. I also proposed GLScene because it is coded in Delphi. But I was told it was "too big". Yet it's a tiny 3D engine... : http://glscene.sourceforge.net/wikka/

A big 3D Game Engine in Open-Source, it looks more like this :

1/ http://xenko.com
2/ http://www.ogre3d.org
3/ https://godotengine.org
4/ http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net

Do not confuse "3D Game Engine" with "3D Engine". GLScene is a tiny 3D Engine...
What NeoBook needs is a 3D Game Engine.