>>Para cuando la versión en Castellano. Gracias

La versión en castellano ya está lista. Sigue este enlace:

http://neosoftware.com/community/viewto ... 13&t=19951
David de Argentina

Re: NeoBook 5.8.4 Update Released

Post by David de Argentina »

Hi Dave,

When you wrote at NeoBook 5.8.0 Update Released, you said:

" Added a “Resized” action event (Book Properties > Actions). Actions placed here will execute whenever a user manually changes the width or height of the publication's main window (by dragging with the mouse for example). Under most circumstances, the Resized action should execute only once at the end of the resizing process."

Could you add the "Moved" feature similar of this ?

If you read this post:
http://neosoftware.com/community/viewto ... #p11210342
and
http://neosoftware.com/community/viewto ... =7&t=19999

You could see this feature is really useable, because there are not event to launch the customwindow move actions.

Thanks in advance,
David de Argentina
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

I will add an "OnMoved" action to the list of things to consider for future updates.
NeoSoft Support
Garic

Post by Garic »

Hi David

I recently did a plug-in that allows you to assign a routine event for moving and resizing CustomWindows .
Try it and tell me how it works.
I think you understand, but if that is not clear - please ask.

http://rghost.ru/46484472
David de Argentina

Post by David de Argentina »

Excellent !

Very very Thanks !
Garic

Post by Garic »

Of course it would be nice if Dave added these events in NB, I think that this is not difficult.
dpayer

Post by dpayer »

[quote="Garic"]Hi David

I recently did a plug-in that allows you to assign a routine event for moving and resizing CustomWindows .
Try it and tell me how it works.
I think you understand, but if that is not clear - please ask.

http://rghost.ru/46484472[/quote]

Nicely done. You should post your work on the Resource Center (see link at top of page). I think many people go there and don't read the forum when looking for things. It will get more exposure there. You could use the forum web page as the link it displays.

David P.
sunergoss

Post by sunergoss »

I'm not able to install the new update patch or the full program on a Windows 7 Pro machine. I checked all firewall and antivirus settings, including turning them off. I made sure to run as an administrator, made sure I had permissions to the directory and folders, and checked compatibility settings but still no joy. I keep getting the message: setup was unable to create the directory c:\users\xavier\appdata\loca;\temp\is-41dr.tmp. Error 5: access is denied

I tried manually creating a directory as well but no joy.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

I'm not able to install the new update patch or the full program on a Windows 7 Pro machine. I checked all firewall and antivirus settings, including turning them off. I made sure to run as an administrator, made sure I had permissions to the directory and folders, and checked compatibility settings but still no joy. I keep getting the message: setup was unable to create the directory c:\users\xavier\appdata\loca;\temp\is-41dr.tmp. Error 5: access is denied
We have lots of people using NeoBook with Windows 7 (including us), so it's probably something to do with your specific system configuration. My first thought was the anti-virus or firewall, but you've already tried turning those off. We used InnoSetup for NeoBook's installers, but this is the first time I've heard of this type of error. I did a quick Google search and found a few references to similar error messages with other programs, all seemed to point to the firewall as the source of the problem.

Have you installed NeoBook in the default folder or somewhere else?
NeoSoft Support
sunergoss

Post by sunergoss »

Thank you for the response. Neobook is installed in the default directory.

The installation program (full install and the patch update) only go as far as the message that says Windows does not recognize the software vendor blah blah blah.

Just to double check I tried to install the patch/full program again. I made sure to turn off all firewall and antivirus software, then rebooted . I proceed with the install and the cannot create or access the tmp folder (which does not exist prior to installation), . . . . but still no joy.
rcohen

Post by rcohen »

I am surely no expert on Win7, and I can't determine the WHY just yet, but I have noticed that based on a users specific configuration of security, etc.... SOME software needs to be installed and run under WinXP compatibility mode and some not. Even the SAME title on two different installs of Win7 can act different (one needing XP Compatibility and one NOT), as I said, I'm sure based on specific security and other configurations on each system.

Try setting things up to install / run under XP compatibility and see if that makes a difference for you.

rcohen
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

The installation program (full install and the patch update) only go as far as the message that says Windows does not recognize the software vendor blah blah blah.
The NeoBook installation and patch files are digitally signed so you should not see a security warning. However, some firewalls will display a message similar to this:

"[program].exe is a safe application. However the executable [program].tmp could not be recognized..."

The .tmp file is something created by the installer.

Depending on what firewall you're using, you must allow the installer to create the .tmp file. With Comodo's firewall, for example, you can choose an option on the warning message called "treat this program as an installer" that will insure that the installer will work properly. If you don't give the appropriate response, the installation will fail because the firewall won't let the installer do what it needs to do.
NeoSoft Support
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping NB updated :)
I was really taken aback when getting appcrashes all of a sudden on an older .pub (with web browser object) I wanted to update (in 5.8.2), only to find it was already fixed here. Works again in 5.8.4! All it took was a quick visit and update :)