Club membership dues PUB

Questions related to the distribution, marketing and selling of applications created with NeoBook. (Formally titled: "Making Money with NeoBook")

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Gaev

Post by Gaev »

batistajm:

Club Membership can mean different things to different people ... perhaps you can provide details/specifications of what features you are looking for in such an Application.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

batistajm:
- Holding members information (name, address, etc).
How many members do you expect the Application ot handle ?
What about Photos ?
- Generate (e.g. monthly) and register amounts owed by members.
Do all members pay same monthly fess ? ... or do you have Gold, Silver, Bronze, Bamboo, Free types of members ?
- Issue notification slips
How ? ... print and snail mail or email or other means ?
- Register amounts paid by members.
OK
- Issue receipts
How ? ... print and snail mail or email or other means ?

You should look to develop this with NeoBookDBPro ... as you will most likely tax the capabilities of NeoBookDB pretty soon.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

batistajm:

Emailing may be an issue if your Firewall/Mail Server prevents your Application from sending out email ... so before you start this project, check out whether you can do a SendMail command from your NeoBook Application.

An alternative might be to create a .csv file and feed it into MicroSoft Word's MailMerge Function.

If you need to print Notifications/Receipts in a pretty layout, you should consider using NeoBookDBPro ... which comes with a Report Designer.
dpayer

Re: Club membership dues PUB

Post by dpayer »

batistajm wrote:I´m trying not to reinvent the wheel.

Has anyone developed a club membership pub that I can have a look at to see if I can adapt it for my needs?

Thanks

PS: I´m not looking for a freebie. If it interests me, we would discuss price.
I would consider looking into running a website with Joomla on it. You can install plugins into joomla that will control the payments and keep track of people and you could access the needed pages with web pages built into your NB app. This way, everyone on the net can reach it at any time and make payments. If you set it up right, you could even activate your software based on a database selection of the joomla db.

David P.