How Much Money You Made ?

Questions related to the distribution, marketing and selling of applications created with NeoBook. (Formally titled: "Making Money with NeoBook")

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Javier:

How much money one makes on the sale of an Application has 0% to do with what Authoring Tool (or language) you use to develop your application and 100% to do with reaching the people who would find your application beneficial to purchase/use.
beno

Post by beno »

Hi,

Some ideas to consider:

- You may design a program and go shareware, using any developing tool as Gaev states, hopefully you will sell licenses / copies of your program. This will depend if people find it useful.

- A complete different scenario is when someone hires you to code a program that does specific tasks. Again; use the right tool to get the job done (idea taken from HPW). If your contractor is a big company/project you will make good money, if not, charge enough too feel satisfied.

I have experienced both flavors; my shareware programs produces beer money... in the best case, and I have been able to code special projects to intere$ting customers.

My cent,

beno
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Gaev is absolutely right. Deciding to code a shareware or commercial program with neobook is like deciding you want to be a rock star or a Hollywood actor. No one will pay attention to you unless you give them what they want, and you manage somehow to get it in front of them, and convince them you're the one they want.

If you've done your job well, and advertise yourself in the right places, you can make some money.

Don't know why you would limit the applications to those without plugins. ALL of my shareware titles (14) use at least one plugin. Neobook is powerful standing on it's own, but plugins is what gives neobook the REAL power. To me, a neobook application without a plugin is like a human body with an arm cut off. You can still wipe your butt, but how do you eat?

So, if you DON'T make any money from a Neobook application, it's not Neobook's fault. Stating how much money one made off of an application wouldn't be a true assessment of how much one COULD make if they also developed an application themselves.

Bottom line is, you CAN make money developing with Neobook. How much you make depends on a lot of variables (pun intended).
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
beno

Post by beno »

Hi,

Not to distract this post nor the forum; beer is real.

:wink:

beno
Boo (Gulf Breeze)

Post by Boo (Gulf Breeze) »

;-)