My first $$$ with NeoBook

Questions related to the distribution, marketing and selling of applications created with NeoBook. (Formally titled: "Making Money with NeoBook")

Moderator: Neosoft Support

TMcD

My first $$$ with NeoBook

Post by TMcD »

I thought I'd finally get this out there...

Back many many years ago (I'd have to look), but I think it was 1998, I created a database product (pseudo database -- text files) that kept track of e-zines that people had swapped ads with.

I gave it away for free to users and had internal ads being paid for by those that wanted to reach the market I was reaching. I made a couple hundred and also grew my newsletter list. (You had to join my newsletter to get the software.)

I also gave away an e-book that is public domain. (I made the e-book with NeoBook too.)

Nothing to big to brag about, but I wanted to add to this category.

From that point on, I use NeoBook to process data for the most part, parse this, generate that, etc.

I do actually have plans that I am working on, to release some more software created with NeoBook. (For $$$) :D

Troy
Last edited by TMcD on Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Neobook is great for creating those little utilities that make your life simpler and faster. Seems hardly a day goes by I don't use it to create one. In fact, many of my shareware titles began as one of those utilities.

One good example is PowerBall Lotto Keeper. I play Powerball avidly. Nothing big, but at least one ticket per drawing. I needed a way to keep track of my investments. Number of games played, how much I spent, how much I won, etc and most important that it downloads the drawing results, and checks my tickets for winners automatically, which is normally a pain in the butt. So I wrote one. Then I noticed that there were a lot of lottery PICKING software out there, but nothing that just kept track of investments. So I polished it up, and offered it as shareware. Hasn't made me any money yet, but then neither has Powerball. :)

Another example is Speedo Autorun Maker. I give that one away, but all I could find were either overbloated commercial titles (how many features do you need to create an autorun file?), and clunky freeware. Just today it went over 32,000 downloads. And, not one support ticket for it.

Good luck in your future projects, Troy. And thanks for sharing your experience. Hopefully you'll find a niche, and make lots of money. Or, just beer money is good too. :wink:
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com