Flash8 OCX Woes

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

domino

Flash8 OCX Woes

Post by domino »

My application features a Web link to an external Website (A UK Newspaper www.dailymail.co.uk ) This Website opens within the browser object in the application. This link has worked without a problem on many PC's on a regular basis until today.

On selecting this link today I briefly heard some sort of Audio trying to load... and then had numerous warning windows including invalid floating point operation. These were continually appearing and the application froze... CTRL ALT DEL being the only way out.

On my #2 PC selecting this link crashed the PC with the infamous BSOD.

The Windows error report points to Flash8.ocx as being the problem.

There is a Flash Object in my app, but this wasn`t selected, however the app had been compiled with Flash Player embedded in the past.

Unfortunately the Flash feature on the Website that causes the problem seems to be on some sort of rotation...so it's not always present. But when it is it causes this problem.

Edited info... It's a flash movie.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Cheers
Dave

PS.. Further investigation reveals a rotating series of Flash Ads... with just one ad in particular causing the problem. All the others work fine.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

I'm not sure why viewing this specific web site with a browser object would cause a publication to crash. I tried the Daily Mail web site from NeoBook just now and it appeared to display correctly with no errors. However, the problem ad may not have been showing when I visited the page.

Generally, problems with specific web sites isn't something that NeoBook can control since it relies on Internet Explorer to handle the actual rendering of content. The problem could be a bug in IE, Flash or the specific Flash file.
NeoSoft Support