NeoPaint 4.5 Update Released

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

NeoSoft Support

Post by NeoSoft Support »

NeoSoft Corp. has released NeoPaint version 4.5. Registered version 4 users can download a free update patch from the web site below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/patch.html

This update contains the following:

- New Tools: Red-eye Removal, Burn/Dodge, Pencil and Texture Brush. Most of these tools can be found by double clicking on the Highlighter/Specialty Tools icon. The Pencil can be found by double clicking the Brush Icon. (The Texture Brush replaces the old Oil Paint Brush. However, Oil Paint is still available as one of the textures.)

- New Special Effects: Antialias, Brick, Plaster, Tissue Paper, Graphite Pencil, Colored Pencil, Dry Brush, Scratch Board, Water Color, Acrylic, Encaustic, Fresco, Crackle Glaze, Buttonize, Lighten, Darken, Split Light, Intensity Detect, Split Blur, Whirlpool, Wave, Image Tile and Trace Edges.

- Enhanced User Interface: The tool icons have been redesigned to take advantage of high color video modes. (You won't see the new high color icons unless you're running Windows in high color or true color modes.)

- Added a Hue/Saturation adjustment option to the Picture menu.

- Added a Show Full Screen option to the Picture menu.

- Added a Draw from Center option for the Selection, rectangle and ellipse tools.

- Added an Opacity option to the Selection tools. Adjust the opacity slider to draw the current selection transparently. 100% = solid, 0% = invisible.

- Added an Antialias option to the Line tool. When enabled, this option will smooth out the normally jagged edges of diagonal lines.

- Added Size and Antialias options to the Stamp tool.

- Added keyboard shortcuts for most often used tools.

- Improved compatibility with Windows XP.

- Improved scanner support.

- Improved support for switching between multiple printers.

- Added a sub format option to the Save As dialog to select between DOS or Windows format when saving 16 color PCX files.

- And dozens of other fixes and enhancements.
HPW

Post by HPW »

Hello neosoft,

Thanks for the nice upgrade!
Luiz Alfredo

Post by Luiz Alfredo »

Great Work. Congratulations.

Best Regards,

Luiz Alfredo G. Menezes
Brazil
Castor

Post by Castor »

Thank you for the new effort of the last update, this program deserves a little more care.

Go on and continue...

Regards, castor
Artie

Post by Artie »

Thanks for the upgrade, although, I wish the new "buttonize" function worked with round buttons also.

Artie
NeoSoft Support

Post by NeoSoft Support »

>>I wish the new "buttonize" function worked with round buttons also. <<

Good idea! I'll add that to our list of things to consider for a future update.
anonymuzzzzzzzz

Post by anonymuzzzzzzzz »

g'd Moooooooorning NeoSoft

If possible, I'd like a "scissors" cut tool similar to the one in Corel Photo-Paint be included in the next upgrade; to make the great program even better :D
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

Thank you for your suggestion.

NeoPaint already has several scissors type tools. I'm not familiar with Corel Photo Paint. How does the tool you're proposing differ from the scissors tools we currently have?
NeoSoft Support
anonymuzzzzzzzz

ummm... hard to xplain...

it's like a mixture of the "polygon" and the "magic wand" tool...

so in the beginning you click, where you want to start cutting...

after that, when you move the mouse cursor to a certain point of the picture, the computer tries to find a line (the separation line of different surfaces) (usually cuved) between that point and the starting location, making that line the edge of the cutout...

(I hope you got it, if not, you may ask again, but I would suggest trying out the trial version of any version of Corel Photo-Paint, it's very simple:)

What makes that tool good, is the simplicity of using it, and that it makes it a lot easier to cut out things containing a wide colour range (faces, cars, people, buildings etc.) from the background.

In such situations it would be impossible to use the magic wand because of the big colour range and using the "freehand" or the "polygon" tool would give a worse result...

I hope one can understand this message, if not, blame me :(

Hoping to be useful

anonymuzzzzzzzz
anonymuzzzzzzzz

*I'm quite sure that the moderator has no problems understanding English, just that my explanation was a bit wicked :D
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

Thank you for the information. I will certainly add your suggestion to our list of things to look into for the next update.
NeoSoft Support
anonymuzzzzzzzz

thnx :)

my honour...