PDF Pluggins

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Dixan

PDF Pluggins

Post by Dixan »

I have a pdf pluggin but when I try to open a pdf file it give me an error "you don`t have acrobat reader instaled"
Is there any pdf pluggins that allow you work with other pdf program?
Dix@n
FLEUR DE MAI

Re: PDF Pluggins

Post by FLEUR DE MAI »

la problematique de ce plugin c'est bien le fait de ne fonctionner qu'avec acrobat reader ce qui limite enormément son usage.
Pour ma part je prefere utiliser le navigateur pour afficher les pdf depuis une appli creer avec neobook c'est tout aussi efficace.
De plus ce qui manque c'est un plugin pouvant creer des pdf comme si un imprimant virtuelle serai installée sur le pc.
HPW

Post by HPW »

Is there any pdf pluggins that allow you work with other pdf program?
Does other pdf program offer a ActiveX-Option or other embedding technics?
The current Pdf-plugin is using the ActiveX component of the installed Acrobat Reader.
Are other pdf Programm free to use and to redistribute?

Regards
Hans-Peter
Rasl

Post by Rasl »

HPW

Post by HPW »

You may try to run it with "RunInRectangle".
Hans-Peter
krackerjaxz

Post by krackerjaxz »

I just downloaded the NeoPDF plugin. Based upon the example pub file that's included with the plugin, it seems as if HPW is correct. In the example publication the file you select after clicking the "Open" button loads the PDF in the rectangle. Unfortunately, I couldn't confirm this with the example publication as it's riddled with errors. Doing something as simple as trying to open a PDF file brings up an error. Trying to click continue only brings more errors from NeoBook. No matter what I try to do with the example application brings up the dialog box of NeoBook saying "I don't understand this command!"

There doesn't seem to be any documentation explaining the variables, actions, and so forth of the plugin. The accompanying PDF is mainly a three-page document that talks about ideas one can do to incorporate PDFs into different types of projects. I thought possibly the actions would be listed under its own NeoPDF category, similar to how other actions or conditions are listed under Navigation, Files, Pages, or under the category name of the plugin they belong to.