buttons

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

martinp

buttons

Post by martinp »

Hi...
I've got some wireless buttons that have been pr-programmed to activate keys on a keyboard.....numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0

Wondered if it was possible for anyone to advise how to make it so that when a button is pressed, it automatically disables the other buttons.
I have tried the disable/enable option but if two people press the button virtually at the same time. it tends to just ignore the presses.

Can anyone help!!.......been buggin me for ages now.

Thanks
Gaev

Re: buttons

Post by Gaev »

martinp:
wireless buttons that have been pr-programmed to activate keys on a keyboard.....numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0
1) What is a wireless button ?

2) How is such a button programmed ? ... connected to the computer/NeoBook Application ?

3) What do you mean by "activate keys on a keyboard" ?
Wondered if it was possible for anyone to advise how to make it so that when a button is pressed, it automatically disables the other buttons.

I have tried the disable/enable option but if two people press the button virtually at the same time. it tends to just ignore the presses.

Can anyone help!!.......been buggin me for ages now.
1) I faintly recall you posting something similar ages ago ... wasn't it concluded that it was a timing issue ?

2) Explain what you mean by "if two people press the button virtually at the same time. it tends to just ignore the presses" ... is that not what you want to happen when you disable a NeoBook PushButton ?

When you seek assistance with configurations that include external devices that most/all people have not heard of, you need to go into excruciating details of the setup in order for anyone to make suggestions.