Accented Letters to normal?

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Dudus

Re: Accented Letters to normal?

Post by Dudus »

Hi Gave,

if you have bit time please check my code.

Code: Select all

NBW Publication Source File
(C)2014 NeoSoft Corp.
Title=Untitled NeoBook Publication
Language=US
NeoBookVer=5,80
ScreenColors=16777216
ScreenWidth=1024
ScreenHeight=768
BkndColor=0
ScreenAutoSize=Yes
LinkColor=16711680
WindowStyle=0
WindowOrder=0
WindowPos=0
WindowProps=63
MinPubWidth=800
MinPubHeight=600
BiDiMode=0
UseUpdateTimer=Yes
ReturnTime=60
ShapeTransColor=536870912
SplashProps=3
CompiledName=C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoBook 585b\Cargo\Cargo.exe
CompileType=0
MediaType=0
FilesIncluded=1
FontsIncluded=2
FontsToCompile=|
CopyExternalFiles=No
SetupMedia=3
SetupInstDir=C:\MyProgram
SetupTitle=Setup
SetupColors=16711680|0|65535
Variables=[FuvarFeltolt]¶[ListBox1]¶[myfiles1]¶[RequiredSpaces]¶[RequiredSpacesText]¶[RequiredText]¶[RequiredTextLen]¶[reszletek]¶[TextEntry20]¶[TextEntry20Len]¶[TwentySpaces]¶
VersionMajor=1
VersionMinor=0
VersionRelease=0
VersionBuild=0
ReqExLevel=1
CustomFontName=Arial
CustomFontSize=9
CustomFontStyle=0
CustomCharset=1
CacheSize=30
ExtractOp=132
L_OK=OK
L_CANCEL=Cancel
L_YES=Yes
L_NO=No
L_CLOSE=Close
L_ERRORTITLE=Error
L_FINDTITLE=Find
L_FINDPROMPT=Find &What
L_FINDFIRST=&Find First
L_FINDNEXT=Find &Next
L_FINDERROR=Search text not found.
L_PWORDTITLE=Password required
L_PWORDMSG=Before continuing, you must first|enter the correct password.
L_PWORDPROMPT=&Password:
L_PWORDERROR=That's not the right password!
L_MEDIAERROR=In order to play this type of file you must install|the appropriate multimedia hardware and/or|software.
L_INTERNETERROR=Unable to locate Internet Browser software.
L_ABORTFUNCTION=Do you want to cancel this function?
L_EXTRACTERROR=This file could not be extracted and cannot be played.
L_INSTDIRPROMPT=Please enter the drive and directory where you would like this program to be installed. To accept the default drive and directory, simply press Enter.
L_INSTFOLDERPROMPT=Do you wish to create a program folder?
L_INSTRUNPROMPT=Do you want to run
L_INSTDISKPROMPT=Please insert disk #
L_INSTDISKERROR=That's not the correct disk, try again.
L_INSTGENERROR=The installation has terminated.
L_INSTEXITPROMPT=Do you really want to cancel the installation?
L_INSTWINTITLE=Setup
L_INSTPROGTITLE=Extracting Files...
L_SENDEMAIL=Sending Mail...
L_MAILSERVER=Please enter the name of your outgoing email server:
L_COPY=Copy to Clipboard
L_SELECTALL=Select All
L_DONWLOADFILE=Downloading: %s
L_PLEASEWAIT=Please wait...
TrayMenuBegin
MenuName=TrayOpen
MenuText=Open
MenuState=3
MenuKey=0
MenuAction=SetVar "[WindowState]" "Normal"
MenuName=TrayExit
MenuText=Exit
MenuState=3
MenuKey=0
MenuAction=Exit "" ""
MenuEnd
MasterPage
NewPage=FuvarAJ
PageStyle=0
PageColor=12632256
PageGradient1=16711680
PageGradient2=255
PageGradientDir=1
WallpaperStyle=0
EffectSpeed=0
PgEnterAction=FileList "C:\TEST\*.*" "Files" "[ListBox]"¶FileList "C:\TEST\*.*" "Files" "[display]"
ObjectType=10
Name=ListBox3
X=9
Y=472
W=834
H=104
Anchor=0
Text=[ListBox]
VarName=[ListBox3]
VarType=0
LineColor=0
LineWidth=0
LineStyle=5
FillColor=12632256
FillPattern=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=9
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
TabOrder=1
ObjectType=10
Name=ListBox9
X=8
Y=40
W=832
H=424
Anchor=0
Text=[display]
VarName=[ListBox9]
VarType=0
LineColor=0
LineWidth=1
LineStyle=6
FillColor=12632256
FillPattern=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=10
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
TabOrder=2
ObjectType=11
Name=ComboBox1
X=8
Y=11
W=80
H=24
Anchor=0
Text=HU¶IT¶PL¶DE
VarName=[ComboBox1]
VarType=0
ObjAction=ListBoxGetItem "ListBox3" "[N]" "[Item]"¶¶If "[ComboBox2]" "=" ""¶   ... compare against ComboBox1¶   SearchStr "[ComboBox1]" "[Item]" "[Pos]"¶   If "[Pos]" "=" "1"¶      SetVar "[display]" "[display][item][#13]"¶   Endif¶EndIf¶¶If "[ComboBox1]" "=" ""¶   ... compare against ComboBox2¶   SearchStr "[ComboBox2]" "[Item]" "[Pos]"¶   If "[Pos]" "=" "4"¶      SetVar "[display]" "[display][item][#13]"¶   Endif¶EndIf¶¶StrLen "[AB]" "[ABLen]"¶If "[ABLen]" ">" "3"¶   ... both boxes selected¶   SearchStr "[AB]" "[Item]" "[Pos]"¶   If "[Pos]" "=" "1"¶      SetVar "[display]" "[display][item][#13]"¶   Endif¶EndIf
LineColor=0
LineWidth=1
LineStyle=6
FillColor=12632256
FillPattern=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=10
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
TabOrder=4
ObjectType=11
Name=ComboBox2
X=96
Y=11
W=80
H=24
Anchor=0
Text=HU¶IT¶PL¶DE
VarName=[ComboBox2]
VarType=0
ObjAction=ListBoxGetItem "ListBox3" "[N]" "[Item]"¶¶If "[ComboBox2]" "=" ""¶   ... compare against ComboBox1¶   SearchStr "[ComboBox1]" "[Item]" "[Pos]"¶   If "[Pos]" "=" "1"¶      SetVar "[display]" "[display][item][#13]"¶   Endif¶EndIf¶¶If "[ComboBox1]" "=" ""¶   ... compare against ComboBox2¶   SearchStr "[ComboBox2]" "[Item]" "[Pos]"¶   If "[Pos]" "=" "4"¶      SetVar "[display]" "[display][item][#13]"¶   Endif¶EndIf¶¶StrLen "[AB]" "[ABLen]"¶If "[ABLen]" ">" "3"¶   ... both boxes selected¶   SearchStr "[AB]" "[Item]" "[Pos]"¶   If "[Pos]" "=" "1"¶      SetVar "[display]" "[display][item][#13]"¶   Endif¶EndIf
LineColor=0
LineWidth=1
LineStyle=6
FillColor=12632256
FillPattern=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=9
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
TabOrder=5
ObjectType=3
Name=PushButton9
X=183
Y=8
W=32
H=32
Anchor=0
Align=2
ImageStyle=1
LibImage=C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoBook 585b\Buttons\Resources\BrowserStopBtn.png
BevelWidth=0
ObjAction=FileList "C:\TEST\*.*" "Files" "[display]"¶SetVar "[ComboBox1]" ""¶SetVar "[ComboBox2]" ""
LineColor=0
LineWidth=0
LineStyle=0
FillColor=12632256
FillPattern=1
FillMode=Yes
Font=Courier New
FontSize=9
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
TabOrder=3
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Dudus:

1) Did you make any attempt to understand what the code i posted does ? ... or are you just doing a copy/paste ?

2) Did you take note of the comment in my last post where I told you that ...

- my code goes between the Loop/EndLoop commands ?
- you should insert AlerBox commands to capture/examine the behaviour of your pub (i.e. commands serviced and variable values found)

... the code you supplied does NOT do either.

3) It also does NOT set the value of [AB] anywhere in your pub !!!

As I have said on this Forum before, I have no interest in feeding code to people ... I am happy to provide guidance, tips/tricks etc. ... you must be prepared to learn from such postings.

As the saying goes ..."if you give a man some fish, you address his hunger for today; but if you teach a man to fish, you address his hunger for life" ... my objective on this forum is to teach people; not feed them.

If you had examined the code for the Selection Changed event of your CombBox'es, you would have noticed that ...

a) your previously posted commands that Loop through the items in ListBox3 are nowhere to be found

b) the very first command (ListBoxGetItem "ListBox3" "[N]" "[Item]") requires variable [N] to be populated; this would have been set in the Loop command

c) without [N], the value of [item] is null; if you had inserted AlertBox commands as I suggested, you would have seen this

The most important skill for a Developer is being able to examine/debug a program that is misbehaving (no program works perfectly the first time); I suggest you focus on acquiring such skills before attempting anything complex.
Dudus

Post by Dudus »

Hello Gave!

I done what you mentoined, i walk trough my code and your code, and finally I made it :D
It is works now perfect, in this way i can make more search options :)

Thank you!
Dudus
virger

Post by virger »

I'm sorry I'm late to help you, I was in other things, but here I leave another option, maybe try it and tell me the result. Thanks for reading me.

Lamento llegar tarde para ayudarte, estaba en otras cosas, pero aqui te dejo otra opcion, quiza la pruebes y me cuentes el resultado. Gracias por leerme.

{NeoBook 5 Objects}
NeoBookVer=5,80
ObjectType=11
Name=ComboBox11
X=333
Y=6
W=80
H=24
Anchor=0
Text=..¶HU¶IT¶PL¶DE¶FR
VarName=[ComboBox1]
VarType=0
ObjAction=... OPTIONAL, OR POST IN PAGE ENTER ACCTIONS¶If "[HrI]" "=" ""¶   Setvar "[hrI]" "--------------------------------------"¶   SetVar "[hrF]" "======================================"¶EndIf¶.....¶¶If "[ComboBox2]" "=" ""¶  setvar "[ComboBox2]" ".."¶endif¶¶..Optional¶setvar "[Display]" ""¶¶... OPTIONAL USE GOSUB 'RUN'¶.. ###########¶../ :Run¶../ .. Optional¶../ setvar  "[Display]" ""¶¶../ ... List ComboBox #1¶../ IfEx "[ComboBox1]<>.. AND [ComboBox2]=.."¶../    FileList "[ComboBox1]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶../ endif¶¶../ ... List ComboBox #2¶../ IfEx "[ComboBox1]=.. AND [ComboBox2]<>.."¶../    FileList "?? [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶../ endif¶¶../ ... List ComboBox #1 & ComboBox #2¶../ IfEx "[ComboBox1]<>.. AND [ComboBox2]<>.."¶../       FileList "[ComboBox1] [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶../ EndIf¶¶../ If "[Display]" "<>" ""¶../    SetVar "[Display]" "[Display][#13][Hr][#13]"¶../ EndIf¶../ Return¶.. ###########¶¶IfEx "[ComboBox1]<>.. AND [ComboBox2]=.."¶   FileList "[ComboBox1]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶endif¶¶IfEx "[ComboBox1]=.. AND [ComboBox2]<>.."¶   FileList "?? [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶endif¶¶IfEx "[ComboBox1]<>.. AND [ComboBox2]<>.."¶      FileList "[ComboBox1] [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶EndIf¶¶If "[Display]" "<>" ""¶   SetVar "[Display]" "[Display][#13][HR][#13]"¶EndIf
LineColor=0
LineWidth=1
LineStyle=6
FillColor=14743784
FillPattern=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=10
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
TabOrder=16
ObjectType=11
Name=ComboBox12
X=426
Y=6
W=80
H=24
Anchor=0
Text=..¶HU¶IT¶PL¶DE¶FR
VarName=[ComboBox2]
VarType=0
ObjAction=.. OPTIONAL, OR POST IN PAGE ENTER ACCTIONS¶If "[HrI]" "=" ""¶   Setvar "[hrI]" "--------------------------------------"¶   SetVar "[hrF]" "======================================"¶EndIf¶.....¶¶If "[ComboBox1]" "=" ""¶  setvar "[ComboBox1]" ".."¶endif¶¶.. Optional¶SetVar "[Display]" ""¶¶... OPTIONAL USE GOSUB 'RUN'¶.. ###########¶../ :Run¶../ .. Optional¶../ setvar  "[Display]" ""¶¶../ ... List ComboBox #1¶../ IfEx "[ComboBox1]<>.. AND [ComboBox2]=.."¶../    FileList "[ComboBox1]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶../ endif¶¶../ ... List ComboBox #2¶../ IfEx "[ComboBox1]=.. AND [ComboBox2]<>.."¶../    FileList "?? [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶../ endif¶¶../ ... List ComboBox #1 & ComboBox #2¶../ IfEx "[ComboBox1]<>.. AND [ComboBox2]<>.."¶../       FileList "[ComboBox1] [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶../ EndIf¶¶../ If "[Display]" "<>" ""¶../    SetVar "[Display]" "[Display][#13][Hr][#13]"¶../ EndIf¶../ Return¶.. ###########¶¶IfEx "[ComboBox1]<>.. AND [ComboBox2]=.."¶   FileList "[ComboBox1]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶Endif¶¶IfEx "[ComboBox1]=.. AND [ComboBox2]<>.."¶   FileList "?? [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶Endif¶¶IfEx "[ComboBox1]<>.. AND [ComboBox2]<>.."¶      FileList "[ComboBox1] [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶EndIf¶¶If "[Display]" "<>" ""¶   SetVar "[Display]" "[Display][#13][HR][#13]"¶EndIf
LineColor=0
LineWidth=1
LineStyle=6
FillColor=14743784
FillPattern=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=10
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
TabOrder=10
ObjectType=11
Name=ComboBox13
X=611
Y=6
W=80
H=24
Anchor=0
Text=..¶HU¶IT¶PL¶DE¶FR
VarName=[ComboBox1]
VarType=0
ObjAction=... OPTIONAL, OR POST IN PAGE ENTER ACCTIONS¶If "[HrI]" "=" ""¶   Setvar "[hrI]" "--------------------------------------"¶   SetVar "[hrF]" "======================================"¶EndIf¶.....¶¶.If "[ComboBox1]" "=" ""¶.  setvar "[ComboBox2]" ".."¶.endif¶¶If "[ComboBox2]" "=" ""¶  setvar "[ComboBox2]" ".."¶endif¶¶... OPTIONAL USE GOSUB 'RUN1'¶GOSUB "Run"¶¶./IfEx "[ComboBox[CbA]]<>NON AND [ComboBox[CbB]]=NON"¶./   FileList "[ComboBox1]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶./:Run2¶./IfEx "[ComboBox1]=NON AND [ComboBox2]<>NON"¶./   FileList "?? [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶./   If "[Display]" "<>" ""¶./      SetVar "[Display]" "[Display][#13][HR][#13]"¶./   EndIf¶./Else¶./   IfEx "[ComboBox1]<>NON AND [ComboBox2]<>NON"¶./      FileList "[ComboBox1] [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶./      If "[Display]" "<>" ""¶./         SetVar "[Display]" "[Display][#13][hr][#13]"¶./      EndIf¶./   EndIf¶./EndIf¶./Return
LineColor=0
LineWidth=1
LineStyle=6
FillColor=15263992
FillPattern=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=10
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
TabOrder=11
ObjectType=11
Name=ComboBox14
X=704
Y=6
W=80
H=24
Anchor=0
Text=..¶HU¶IT¶PL¶DE¶FR
VarName=[ComboBox2]
VarType=0
ObjAction=.. OPTIONAL, OR POST IN PAGE ENTER ACCTIONS¶If "[HrI]" "=" ""¶   Setvar "[hrI]" "--------------------------------------"¶   SetVar "[hrF]" "======================================"¶EndIf¶.....¶¶If "[ComboBox1]" "=" ""¶  setvar "[ComboBox1]" ".."¶endif¶¶... OPTIONAL USE GOSUB 'RUN2'¶./:Run1¶./IfEx "[ComboBox[CbA]]<>NON AND [ComboBox[CbB]]=NON"¶./   FileList "[ComboBox1]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶./:Run2¶./IfEx "[ComboBox1]=NON AND [ComboBox2]<>NON"¶./   FileList "?? [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶./   If "[Display]" "<>" ""¶./      SetVar "[Display]" "[Display][#13][HR][#13]"¶./   EndIf¶./Else¶./   If "[ComboBox1]<>NON AND [ComboBox2]<>NON"¶./      FileList "[ComboBox1] [ComboBox2]*.Txt" "Files+NoExt" "[Display]"¶./      If "[Display]" "<>" ""¶./         SetVar "[Display]" "[Display][#13][hr][#13]"¶./      EndIf¶./   EndIf¶./EndIf¶./Return¶¶GOSUB "Run"
LineColor=0
LineWidth=1
LineStyle=6
FillColor=15263992
FillPattern=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=10
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
TabOrder=7
ObjectType=8
Name=Text1
X=242
Y=4
W=80
H=28
Anchor=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=14
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
Text={\rtf1\ansi\deff0\deftab254{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset238 Courier New;}}{\pard{\qr\li0\fi0\ri0\sb0\sl\sa0 \plain\f0\fs28\cf0\b Direct}}}
HMargin=0
VMargin=0
LineColor=0
LineWidth=0
LineStyle=6
FillColor=11585784
FillPattern=1
TabOrder=25
ObjectType=8
Name=Text2
X=521
Y=5
W=80
H=28
Anchor=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=14
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
Text={\rtf1\ansi\deff0\deftab254{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset238 Courier New;}}{\pard{\qr\li0\fi0\ri0\sb0\sl\sa0 \plain\f0\fs28\cf0\b GoSub}}}
HMargin=0
VMargin=0
LineColor=0
LineWidth=0
LineStyle=6
FillColor=11585784
FillPattern=1
TabOrder=24
COSTA RICA
PURA VIDA
virger

Post by virger »

Sorry, I left this button off, with this generated files similar to the ones you use.

Disculpa, dejé este botón fuera, con este generé los files semejantes a los que usas.

{NeoBook 5 Objects}
NeoBookVer=5,80
ObjectType=3
Name=PushButton3
X=856
Y=51
W=136
H=32
Anchor=0
Text=Generator
Align=2
ImageStyle=0
BevelWidth=0
ObjAction=.. FILES GENERADOR¶StrParse "PL,HU,DE,IT,FR" "," "[Opt]" "[nOpt]"¶¶DateToNum "2017/10/07" "yyyy/mm/dd" "[hoy]"¶loop "1" "[nOpt]" "[O1]"¶   filelen "[Opt[o1]].txt" "[Len1]"¶   random "[Len1]" "[Pais1]"¶   math "[Pais1]+1" "" "[Pais1]"¶   fileread "[Opt[o1]].txt" "[Pais1]" "[ElPais1]"¶   loop "1" "[nOpt]" "[O2]"¶      filelen "[Opt[o2]].txt" "[Len2]"¶      random "[Len2]" "[Pais2]"¶      math "[Pais2]+1" "" "[Pais2]"¶      fileread "[Opt[o2]].txt" "[Pais2]" "[ElPais2]"¶      Random "30"  "[dias1]"¶      Random "150" "[dias2]"¶¶      math "[Hoy]+[Dias1]+[dias2]" "" "[Dias2]"¶      math "[Hoy]+[Dias1]"         "" "[Dias1]"¶      ¶      NumToDate "[Dias1]" "yyyy.mm.dd" "[ini]"¶      NumToDate "[Dias2]" "yyyy.mm.dd" "[fin]"¶      ¶      setvar "[File]" "[Opt[O1]] [Opt[O2]] [ini] [ElPais1]     [Fin] [ElPais2]"¶      filewrite "[File].txt" "All" "[File]"¶   endloop¶endloop
LineColor=0
LineWidth=1
LineStyle=6
FillColor=12632256
FillPattern=0
Font=Courier New
FontSize=14
FontStyle=1
FontCharset=238
TextColor=0
TabOrder=14
COSTA RICA