What's The Pager For?

General questions about NeoAppBuilder - our rapid application development tool for building HTML5, web and mobile apps.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

domino

What's The Pager For?

Post by domino »

This stuff is all new to me so forgive the question... what's the pager action about?
A simple example of a typical use would be welcome...
Gaev

Re: What's The Pager For?

Post by Gaev »

domino:
This stuff is all new to me so forgive the question... what's the pager action about?
It is a "2 button combo widget" ... default captions are Prev and Next ... so you can set the "event codes" for each half (prev-click and next-click) ... e.g. GoToPrevPage and GoToNextPage ... but in reality, you could use it for any similar purpose e.g. place two of these (side by side) in the Master Page ... and add GotoFirstPage and GotoLastPage ... or even use them for purposes other than navigation.
A simple example of a typical use would be welcome...
Just drop one of these on a page ... then add some event code ... voila ... all will become clear.
domino

Post by domino »

Thanks Gaev - I get the idea and will give it a whirl.

(... and when I said I was new to this stuff I mean't it. I must be the only person left on the planet that's never owned a smartphone!
However I do have access to a basic Android Tablet and in less than 1 hour of opening NeoAppmaker for the first time successfully created and installed a simple working app on to it... which is quite a tribute to NeoBook.)
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

domino:
when I said I was new to this stuff I mean't it. I must be the only person left on the planet that's never owned a smartphone!
I got my first cell phone two years ago ... and only because greedy Bell Canada wanted to charge me more ($57/month) for a land line ... while another wireless service provider offered $25/month (200 minutes plus evenings and weekends) ... I have never gone over the limit (not one to chat over the phone; definitely not during the day) ... and the only other thing I have used on my smartphone is the camera ... so, welcome to the "Phone Luddites Club" :)
However I do have access to a basic Android Tablet
A Nexus 10 was gifted to me by this company in the UK for assisting them with their Beta ... have not used it either ... twice, it charged down to 0% !!! ... need to get a real keyboard before I would find any use for it ... will come in handy when testing Apps generated by NeoAppBuilder.
in less than 1 hour of opening NeoAppmaker for the first time successfully created and installed a simple working app on to it
I have only been testing the Apps from my Firefox browser on the PC ... what did you have to do in order to get the App on to your Tablet ?
which is quite a tribute to NeoBook.
Not surprising, given the joys of working with NeoBook for a decade now.
domino

Post by domino »

I have only been testing the Apps from my Firefox browser on the PC ... what did you have to do in order to get the App on to your Tablet ?
Ah.. figuring that out that was the longest part of the process.... uploaded .APK file to my webspace then found an app called Apk Installer which installed it from a download directory. (Although had I known it was downloaded into a downloads folder I might have been able to just double click it or something??)

Had to go through a few check box security hoops on install but all worked out OK.. and app then accessible in the usual way.

Edited install app name... to Apk Installer.