Onglet (tab control)

Discussion en Français sur NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

jean Desplanches

Onglet (tab control)

Post by jean Desplanches »

Existe il un moyen de créer un système d'onglet dans le style de "firefox", ou "Chrome" pour un programme Neobook ( de forme et de couleur personnalisable) et suivant le contexte d'utilisation ( apparition d'onglet suivant l'action en cours )
dec

Re: Onglet (tab control)

Post by dec »

Hello Jean,

Recently I tried to make a plugin exactly like that: a Page or Tab control which allow us to customize their colors and other options. Unfortunatelly my tests end not too good: the tabs do not respond as expected and I found various (at this time) unresolved problems.

The good part is that Hans Peter offer their hpwUtility plugin, which offer a Tab control ready to use in NeoBook. This control cannot be modified in terms of colors, however, they take the interface look from the operating system, which is not a bad idea at the end.

And this is what I can say about this at this moment Jean. ;)
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
jean Desplanches

Merci David pour cette réponse
j'utilise déjà le plugings de Hans Peter pour certaines applications dans lesquelles cela fonctionne parfaitement, Mais dans le cas de mon programme en cours de développement cela ne convient pas.(Aspect trop différend du reste de l'application).
Je vais essayer d'autres solutions (je teste une approche d'onglet "Virtuel" avec des boutons (nppush) et des containers .. résultat intéressant , mais tout de même un peu "lourd" à programmer.
Sinon je pense à une solution du genre bouton dans une liste déroulante (comme par exemple dans Book Properties de Neobook ( main menu , action ,access etc)
Comment peut on obtenir cela?
Merci d'avance
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

Yes; I think that using buttons can be a way to do it. In fact the Windows Tab Control can act like buttons instead of tabs. The npPush plugin can be good here since they allow to customize the buttons in terms of colors and other options. What we need to do is to place the appropiate rectangles/buttons and react when they are clicked showing/hidding the appropiate/associated containers, rectangles, etc.

I am also thinkin in a possible usage of the npArea plugin. Maybe it's not so easy to implement, but, imagine that you can place all the tabs in a unique rectangle. The npArea usage can be similar to npPush but we only need to use just a rectangle, and probably can get good results, depending of our level of graphic design capabilities. I will thinking on a possible sample of this using the mentioned plugins.
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

I prepare a simple "Tabs Sample" publication that uses just Text objects for the tabs. The good point is this object can be customizable in terms of colors. Probably we can use other objects like the Polygon object, because this object also support colors, actions and "non rectangle" tabs. The usage is similar for all objects.

Even if we use a plugin like npPush the usage is similar. We can customize the buttons of npPush in an advanced way, but this also means more a little more work in order to get the desired results. And the same thing can be said about the npArea plugin. Probably this can be a very good option, but require some graphic design knowledge in order to get good results.

Certainly developing a tabbed interface in NeoBook it's not so easy, but, the usage of containers can reduce the complexity. I think the best approach is to "bring to back" / "bring to front" the containers in order to work with them separatelly. Work in this way it's not easy, but not too much complicate. On the other hand, as you can see in the publication sample, the code to select the appropiate tab and show the right container it's not very complex.

You can download the publication sample from the bellow link:

http://www.neoplugins.com/Humm/Sites/Ma ... Sample.zip

Maybe this is not exactly the "Tab control" that you wanted, Jean, but remember you can customize it with diferent tab bakground and foreground (font) colors. On the other hand I still considering that npPush or npArea can be good here (my bid are for npArea) but as I say before this increase the complexity of the proyect and requires some graphic design knowledges. At the end this plugins are not designed to be used like a "Tab control".

Remember: probably the best way to deal with the containers are the Object List and their contextual menu in order to "bring to front" the container in which we need to work. Learning this we can work reasonable well with diferent containers and their objects which, at the end, share the same page position.
jean Desplanches

Merci David pour tous ces éléments
Finalement après de nombreux essais je vais utiliser Nppush.Le résultat obtenu (Couleur personnalisable suivant le contexte etc ... associé a des containers) à permis d'avoir un résultat concluant malgré mes qualités de graphiste disons (hum..)très limitées
dec

Post by dec »

Bonjour,

Certainly npPush can substitute to the Text object. Good with graphic design knowledge, however, pnPush allow icons, gradients colors, etc., which probably can offer good results. npArea is a little diferent: in fact they require some graphic design knowledge to get the best results. I think these plugins (whatever) or just normal Buttons or Text controls can do the job. And do not forget the Polygon object, which offer a way to construct non rectangular areas/tabs.