Training Guide, Tutorial, How To, Student Outline

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

agilefalcon

Training Guide, Tutorial, How To, Student Outline

Post by agilefalcon »

Given how powerful and yet easy to use, NeoBook is, I would love to see a book written to introduce it to new and aspiring developers. My son has started to use programming languages such as Python and scripting tools for a couple of online games (like Roblox).

Still, I believe that NeoBook can offer a lot in the way of producing sophisticated applications and ebooks. Right now, I'm trying to order another hardcopy of the NeoBook manual - but I believe this hasn't been updated in quite a while (mine is from 2006).

The "book" could be a ebook, wouldn't have to be elementary at all - in fact, it would be great if it delved into more complex topics such as working with databases or web applications.

Is there anything like this out there? If not, what are the chances of putting something like this together?

Cheers,
Chris
Chris Berardi
Fort Worth, TX
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Training Guide, Tutorial, How To, Student Outline

Post by Neosoft Support »

Hi Chris,

Thank you for using NeoBook.

A book about NeoBook would be great, but writing a book is a big project, so it's probably not something we would be able to do right now. Although, this forum probably contains enough material for a book. It just needs to be gathered, edited and formatted.

Since the majority of our customers now purchase NeoBook electronically, we are no longer producing a printed user's manual. However, we do have a PDF format user's guide that you can download using the link below:

http://www.neosoftware.com/software/Neo ... idePDF.zip
NeoSoft Support
Wrangler

Re: Training Guide, Tutorial, How To, Student Outline

Post by Wrangler »

Hi Chris,

I began learning neobook with v4.0. I had very little programming experience at that time. Since then I've managed to create over a dozen shareware titles, many quite complex, just using the help file and most importantly this forum. As Dave said, this forum contains a wealth of information. And, of course, if you can't find something, someone here will help. Just ask! :)

There are a number of talented people on this forum. I prefer this method over reading a book because it forces you to think out the problem and learn by doing, as opposed to trying to understand it out of a book. Once a person learns the basics of neobook (also found in the help file), it becomes a matter of just asking "how do I do this" and looking in the help file for the answer. But the best answers will come from this forum.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com