Autosave

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

dec

Re: Autosave

Post by dec »

Hello,

As I said before, I will try to add an "Publication ausosave" option to my npTool plugin. Unfortunatelly I can't do it after try some possible workaround. At the least I get the "autosave" working, but only if the focus is into the NeoBook "main IDE window", for example, the solution do not work if we have opened some other window like the action's code editor. I think that an "autosave" feature that only work when we can use without problem the "CTRL+S" shortcut have not too much sense. Sorry for that.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
ebear

Post by ebear »

Hello David,

Yes your right, I also didn't think of that it works really only in the main IDE. On the other side, maybe until Dave can find a work around, it would not a bad idea to have it "temporary" only in the main IDE working.
I know it isn't the real thing but this already saves work.

Regards,

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
mishem

Post by mishem »

David

Personally, I have this problem does not apply.
I do not use transfer lines.

Just confirmed that the problem is.

If not written about it, I would not know. :)

But autosave really need.
We on the forum also raised this issue more than once.
ebear

Post by ebear »

Hello Dave,

Its true, SynEdit has a problem with the smaller fonts. The standard settings of NeoBook "CourierNew 9pt" :idea: causes the problem. I have now in the settings a 12pt font (maybe also better for my eyes :lol: ) and the problem is for so far gone.... :D

But autosave is for me a really wish... mainly for all the other things who can go wrong :roll: .

David also thanks a lot for your kind support and your endless time. I think its needed to say in "public".
Your npPlugins and Support are great!!! :P
Best regards,

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

Always thanks you Eric. Of course I will to add some "Autosave" option, even when this do not work in every case. ;)
ebear wrote:Hello Dave,

Its true, SynEdit has a problem with the smaller fonts. The standard settings of NeoBook "CourierNew 9pt" :idea: causes the problem. I have now in the settings a 12pt font (maybe also better for my eyes :lol: ) and the problem is for so far gone.... :D

But autosave is for me a really wish... mainly for all the other things who can go wrong :roll: .

David also thanks a lot for your kind support and your endless time. I think its needed to say in "public".
Your npPlugins and Support are great!!! :P
Best regards,

Eric
dec

Post by dec »

Hola,

The npTool plugin is now updated and include the "Publication autosave" utility. I am not very happy with the implementation, since is based on sending the "CTRL+S" shorcut to the NeoBook main IDE window, and, even when the plugin can recognize this window (and therefore do not send the shortcut to other programs) the utility only work in the main IDE window and continue sending the shortcut to another possible NeoBook windows and dialogs. Apparently this do not implied problems during my tests, but I want to say here.