Objects on masterpage on top of other pages

Post your suggestions for future versions of NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Cipolla

Objects on masterpage on top of other pages

Post by Cipolla »

yet another suggestion for the wish list...

Is it a big deal to have an option to set the items from the masterpage on top of the objects of the current pages?

[] Show items from master page
[] Show items from master page on top of current page
Greetings from Germany
Klaus
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Objects on masterpage on top of other pages

Post by Neosoft Support »

It can't be done with NeoBook as it is now, but it's something that is being considered for the future.

I wonder would there be situations where someone would want both a background master page AND a foreground master page?
NeoSoft Support
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Dave:
I wonder would there be situations where someone would want both a background master page AND a foreground master page?
I think that would be the best response to this (previously requested) enhancement i.e. leave the current Master Page as is ... and introduce a new special page (e.g. ForegroundMaster) page ... and let users place the objects in one/other/both pages as desired.
Cipolla

Post by Cipolla »

Gaev wrote:...I think that would be the best response to this (previously requested) enhancement i.e. leave the current Master Page as is ... and introduce a new special page (e.g. ForegroundMaster) page ... and let users place the objects in one/other/both pages as desired.
Gaev, that is a great idea!
Neosoft Support wrote:...I wonder would there be situations where someone would want both a background master page AND a foreground master page?
Dave,

i have an actual project where the customer does not want the look of the build in menu. He wants a floating menu like that i.e. you use at neobook.com with own colors and background images and hover effect. The submenu has to float on top of all other objects. I got it to work with CustomWindow (fixed position) for the submenus and many other tricks, but this will produce no satisfactory result, and the effort is very high. Since i need the menu on many pages (> 50), i only want to build and manage it once and show it on all subpages.

So it would help a lot if i place the complete navigation bar on the (a) master page, and the objects that build the menu will stay on top of the "normal" pages.
Greetings from Germany
Klaus
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

All good ideas. Something like this is already on the list of things to include in future versions.

Klaus, I'm not sure if there is anything you can do with the current version. The built-in Windows style menu will work, but if you want something with an entirely different look, I think the custom window is you're only option for now.
NeoSoft Support