Customer cannot access NeoSoft's website

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Customer cannot access NeoSoft's website

Post by Neosoft Support »

We received an unusual email from a customer in France who is unable to access neosoftware.com or this forum. As far as we know there isn't anything wrong with our server and this is the only customer having this problem. I'm throwing this out here with the hope that someone here will know what's going on. Here is the customer's email:
Hello,

It is impossible for several months to connect to the site and forum neosoftware. I tried all the steps and I was told that it came from a relay server that was failing. Do you have an idea for me out of there?

To start, I spoke to my ISP (the company FREE, major company in France) who told me that the failure was from a relay server. This is the message that appears:

"The waiting time is exceeded. The server at www.neosoftware.com takes too long to respond. The site may be temporarily unavailable or overloaded. Please try again later; If you are unable to load any pages, check the network connection of your computer; If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

I sought help on several sites support, a priori, no response on this problem! Yes, that's the question I asked myself, the failed server would give me more messages like this on other sites, but on the other hand, I am walking rarely on the internet, j 'have in all and for all.
Any suggestions?
NeoSoft Support
Pilou

Post by Pilou »

good evening

I have in mind that Fabien also had this problem now it is back on the forum.

I will contact him to tell him this post and that he can explain himself.

pilou
Français

Bonsoir

J'ai en souvenir que Fabien a eu également ce problème désormais il est revenu sur le forum.

Je vais le contacter pour lui signaler ce post et pour qu 'il puisse expliquer lui même.

pilou
Fabien

Post by Fabien »

Hi all,

Yes I have this problem, my FAI is Free.
This problem is related to our IP address, or free (I know that free blocks web addresses).

Today workaround I have to use a software to make my IP anonymous and use Mozilla Firefox.

I appreciate that the problem is resolved if we are more.

For the consultation of your site or forum is that the software uses the IP Relay to make anonymous. What is not comfortable to work.

I encounter this problem with Neosoftware and forum at the moment

Fabien
¡ sǝıʇɹo sǝl suɐp éɯéɯ sɐd ǝssnod
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

I'm not sure if there is anything we can do about that.
NeoSoft Support
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Check the server firewall, or any server software installed who's job it is to prevent hackers and such. A few times in the past my server has blocked ME from my own server. I've had to go and add my IP to IPTables ignore to get back in. Actually, tech support had to do it because I couldn't access whm.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
chromebandit

Post by chromebandit »

Hi, some internetprovider filter access to websites not only by IP also by keywords so when he trys to access neosoftware.com it could be the word neo

Regards
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Our server's firewall doesn't have any blocked IP addresses.

I think it has something to do with the customer's ISP.

Fabien: What's the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
NeoSoft Support
CN_Iceman

Post by CN_Iceman »

Could be a DNS problem? Try the neosoftware.com IP on the browser (66.11.229.241) instead of http://www.neosoftware.com

Greetings.
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
smartmedia

Post by smartmedia »

Hi..

You can always use a proxy to get neosoft.. There are a lot of free proxy service out there. Google it..
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

The ISP involved is Free.fr which is apparently popular in France. Evidently, the problem is no one's fault - Free.fr blames our ISP and our ISP blames them. Customers of other ISPs in France have no trouble accessing neosoftware.com. I guess using a proxy is the only solution for now.
NeoSoft Support
Fabien

Post by Fabien »

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, yes my ISP is FREE.

For me the problem is Free, as mentioned Wrangler certain address is blacklisted at the ISP.

A technician from my ISP intervention must come next week, I will ask the question directly.

Fabien
Fabien

Post by Fabien »

For information,

I confirmed the Free ISP blocks the site Neosoft, now I'm home with the BBox Bouygues and I have no worries for me normally connect to Neosoft.

Fabien
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

I can't imagine why free.fr would feel the need to block our website. I would ask, but They do not appear to provide any means for non-customers to contact them.
NeoSoft Support
Fabien

Post by Fabien »

Me either I do not understand, but I had learned that they had blacklist.
Already for a customer, it is also hard to get answers while for others ...
Anyway, they will tell you that it does not come from home but Neososft, this is the answer he had given me.

For several years I was at Free today that their service the decayed.
These reasons, I changed ISP.

Fabien