NeoBook 5.7 (Fourth Build) Update Released

Information about NeoBook Updates

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

NeoBook 5.7 (Fourth Build) Update Released

Post by Neosoft Support »

NeoSoft Corp. has released a fourth build of NeoBook version 5.7.0.

NOTE: If you registered NeoBook 5 before February 1st 2008 then you will need to purchase a new registration code in order to use version 5.6 or higher. If you purchased NeoBook 5 after February 1st 2008, then this upgrade is free. Registered users of NeoBook 5.0 through 5.5.4 can purchase a new registration code for $25.

The version 5.7.0 upgrade patch (fourth build - 21 February) can be downloaded from the following website:

http://www.neosoftware.com/patch.html

Follow the instructions to download and apply the update patch.

This update contains the following:

Fixes

 VBScript and JScript Functions now execute correctly. This feature was inadvertently disabled in the previous build.

A list of additional changes in v5.7.0 can be found here: http://www.neosoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18467
Last edited by Neosoft Support on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeoSoft Support
Luiz Alfredo

Post by Luiz Alfredo »

Thanks. NeoSoft Corp's Support is exceptional and unique.
L.A.G.M.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

...Then I compiled it and the pub result not-saved. If I save it, the counter of the program version (in Version Info) increases. I remember the same (small but annoying) problem in another old version.
I'm pretty sure this was fixed in 5.7.0.
NeoSoft Support
CN_Iceman

Post by CN_Iceman »

I think there is a small problem with the option "Outline hidden objects".

In the Menu Bar, Options -> Set Preferences -> General -> Miscelleanous (I think this word should be "Miscellaneous")...

The problem is that when I go into any page, I can see hidden objects marked with their lines, but after selecting any object, the lines disappear. I have to change the page and return to the previous objects to be back with the lines.

I've tried with different colored backgrounds in my pub. The problem is the same.

For information... I use Windows 7 64bits.

Thank's in advance.
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

The problem is that when I go into any page, I can see hidden objects marked with their lines, but after selecting any object, the lines disappear. I have to change the page and return to the previous objects to be back with the lines.
The only way I can reproduce this is to place two hidden objects of the same size on top of one another. At any rate, it's not something that affects compiled applications.
NeoSoft Support
CN_Iceman

Post by CN_Iceman »

Thank's for the answer.

Ok, in my pub I have several pages with about 8 objects and the problem continues... Think that it is a "small" bug, not a serious problem, so I can live with that. :D

No problem with the compiled applications.

In the other hand, have you checked the misspelling of the word "miscellaneous" in the Options -> Set Preferences -> General?

Thank's again for this awesome Neobook!!
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

In the other hand, have you checked the misspelling of the word "miscellaneous" in the Options -> Set Preferences -> General?
You're right it is misspelled. Thanks for letting us know. We'll correct it in the next update.
NeoSoft Support