Restructure dbf file

Plug-ins and utilities of interest to NeoBook authors

Moderator: Neosoft Support

BRobinsonS

Restructure dbf file

Post by BRobinsonS »

I've just started looking at the DBF plug-in. I would like to convert the quiz example to include a Picture Field. Is there a way to restructure the database?

:D
Brian Robinson
'When all else fails, try again!'
www.ComputerSoftwareSystems.com
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Brian Robinson:
Is there a way to restructure the database?
The sample only has 4 Questions ... did you mean restructure this dbf ? ... or were you asking ot have both the Editor/Reader pubs be modified to ask/show Picture field contents ... i.e. create a new dbf file with the additional field.

P.S. From a fellow Canadian ... Welcome to the forum, eh ! :P
BRobinsonS

re: Restructuring DBF

Post by BRobinsonS »

I want to add a picture field to the database structure and possibly delete one field.

Where in Canada are you?
What's your experience with NeoBook?
Brian Robinson
'When all else fails, try again!'
www.ComputerSoftwareSystems.com
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Brian Robinson:
I want to add a picture field to the database structure and possibly delete one field.
Just create a new database ... check out dbfCreate command in the Help file ... if you don't know the characteristics of the other fields, you can obtain that information using dbfGetFieldDefs.

Then you can modify the sample pub accordingly ... but you might first want to read up on the Help file section called Picture Field Considerations ... as the plugin manages Picture fields slightly differently than the other fields.
Where in Canada are you?
The center of the universe ... err ... I mean Toronto ... :wink: ... not too far from LaSalle ... just a long hop on the 401.
What's your experience with NeoBook?
My all time favorite Development platform ... in over 36 years of working with computers ... enough said.