NeoBook should sue Facebook ...

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Gaev

NeoBook should sue Facebook ...

Post by Gaev »

I couldn't believe this ... http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-574055 ... word-book/ ... no, it is NOT an April Fools day joke !!!

I thought iSteve (Jobs) ... was an arrogant SOB ... but this one takes the cake ... trying to trademark the word Book.

Perhaps Dave can tell Marc Zukerberg that NeoBook was conceived while Marc was still in diapers.
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Here is the part of the article that gets me:

"You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Facebook, the Facebook and F Logos, FB, Face, Poke, Wall and 32665), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission,"

This would mean that millions of sites are violating their TOS by displaying Facebook 'like' buttons.

A few years ago, there was a moron who trademarked the word 'stealth'. Then he went around threatening to sue anyone who used it on the Net (including me). Some, such as K-Mart, payed him outright to end it, but he did take some to court. And lost every case.

The ridiculous thing is that you CAN TRADEMARK A COMMON WORD. Me thinks our patent office is full of morons too.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
domino

Post by domino »

Who cares.. they'll be history in 5 years anyway.

Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665

:D
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Haha. That's it for you, Domino. In their fine print, they state they prefer to sue Brits more than anything. :o :)
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
domino

Post by domino »

In their fine print, they state they prefer to sue Brits more than anything...

Now I am worried... there's been a spate of extraditions recently from UK to The US of A...
I must be more carfeful what I post.

Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665 Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665

Whoops
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

"spate"? I think that word is in there too. If not, it should be.

"As I spated earlier, you should never use the words
Face Book Poke Face Wall 32665". :) :)
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

It seems that they've also trademarked the letter "F".

I guess I'll have to *ind a new *avorite swear word!
NeoSoft Support
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Press Release by the US Trademark Agency ...

Marc Zukerberg has been granted Trademarks for ...

- the letter between E and G (you will now have to use an alternate spelling using 'Ph' instead)

- the four letter words that begins with B and sounds like Look

Some reactions phrom around the world ...

William Ph. Gates ... this is a bigger change than Y2K ... Microsoft will issue phixes (every Phriday phor the next phew months) ... starting with the keyboard device-handler (however, it will be up to the PC manufacturers to send out new key caps to replace the ones between D and G) ... phuture phixes will address the way this letter is displayed on the screen, changes to computer languages (iPh, Phor, phunction, true/Phalse, PhileOpen etc.)

Google will no longer provide search results for the trademarked letter.

Spokesperson for Apple ... this is an iFarce ... we will launch a legal challenge to this ruling as we 'own all words that start with the letter i' (e.g. iF, iFind, iS, iRate, iNdia, iSrael, iNdonesia, iReland, iRaq, iRan) ... until the courts rule in our favour, we will not comply with this ruling.

Phrance is phurious.

Phinland is not amused either.

Phiji had no comment.

Phillipines ... Welcome to the Club.

Aphrican Union ... we will not comply ... unless the IMPh comes up with the phunds to help us pay for it.

Japan said that they will comply immediately by renaming Mt. Phuji and the troubled Phukushima Comapany (assosiated with the recent Tsunami).

US Library of Congress ... it is going to take phorever to change every letter in every "piece of inventory" in our possession.

The Ph.B.I said that ... given the enormity of the change ... it will not prosecute ophphenders until Phebruary/1 2013

The Phederal Reserve issued a warning that this will impact the PhY2012 prophits of all Companies around the world

Phlorida was concerned that (alphabetically challenged) sport phishermen will be confused when they see unphamiliar signs like Phishing Tackles

One candidate for President suggested that the "US declare war on the alphabet abusers"

Each of the candidates for the next President of the United States ... Obama, Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, Paul ... issued a statement saying that their names did not contain the aphphected letter.

World Phood Organization (WPhO) said this is a cost it can ill aphphord.

PhIPhA ... Phootball Phans will be conphused.

Pheminists around the world planned to 'burn their phrocks' in protest

Trending on Twitter ... WTPh, Phace*ook

AT&T said that they were in phull compliance with this ruling.

McDonalds ... would you like some Phrench Phries with your Phillet of Phish ?

Other aphphected organizations ... Phood and Drug Administration (PhDA), Phormula 1 Racing, Phord, the PhOX Network, City of Phrankphurt, City of Phort Worth, the Armed Phorces, the Phoot Phetish Association, Phiat, Pharmers, Phiremen

Barnes and Noble ... distributors of the eBook device called Nook ... announced that anyone is welcome to use Nook to describe 'the four letter word that begins with B and sounds like Look'

... dated April/1 2012 (a.ka. April Phools day)

P.S. this post has not been 'Spell checked for compliance with the new ruling'
domino

Post by domino »

Brilliant Gaev... :D

I know when I'm beat.

phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665
phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665 phhace Book phoke phhace Wall 32665
CN_Iceman

Post by CN_Iceman »

Yeah Gaev!!!
Yo got it!

Greetings.
Greetings/Saludos, Jose.
www.icemansoft.es
smokinbanger

Post by smokinbanger »

domino wrote:Who cares.. they'll be history in 5 years anyway...

:D
yep especially iph we all comply and remove the logos phrom our websites and the tm words phrom our vocabulary...a well planned suicide!