Help please with installer for catalogues...

Questions or information that don't quite fit anywhere else

Moderator: Neosoft Support

sghosh

Help please with installer for catalogues...

Post by sghosh »

I am a fairly new user and I am having difficulty in working out how to best acheive what I am after, which is a small programme we can send to clientz with a nice image showing all the catalogues of our company. They select the ones they want and press go and it installs them. How is this best achieved please as I cannot seem to find a way...
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

rramasso:

What is the file format of the Catalogues ? ... pdf, html, database file, other ?

Can you describe what you how the file would be installed ... from within the same program that shows the images ? ... downloaded from your website ? ... other ?
sghosh

Post by sghosh »

They are PDFs and would be either part of the programme OR supplied with it ie on a folder on a cd etc (Whichever is easier)
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

rramasso:

NeoSoft has a "free" plugin for viewing PDF format files ... see this page in the NeoBook Resource Center for details ...

http://www.neosoftware.com/neobook/modu ... id=5&lid=6

Once you have addressed the issue of viewing such files from within your NeoBook pub ... you can decide how to deliver your Application to the user ...

a) embed the pdf files inside the .exe file created when you compile your pub ... take a look at the ExtractFile command

b) provide a .zip file with your .exe and the .pdf files

Alternately, if you have these files available on your website, you could design your Application so that its contents are displayed inside a WebBrowser object.