NeoBook 5.8.0 Update Released

Information about NeoBook Updates

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Skywalker

Re: NeoBook 5.8.0 Update Released

Post by Skywalker »

I myself prepare and use an external portable drive for all my publication projects. This way it eliminates the problems with X32 x64 machines, user profiles, drive naming etc... and forces a good [PubDir] discipline usage along with sub-directory defaults among my team.

The Backup Feature is the best bet at the end of the day.(and periodic Backups throughout the day)

Dave,
Thank you for the update. Looking forward to the future.
Best New Year wishes.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

NeoBook's Archive/Backup feature is the best option to use when moving a project to another computer. Alternatively, you can copy everything to the new computer using the exact same folder structure.

If neither of these options will work, you can copy all of your files (pub, images, text, etc.) into a single folder. If NeoBook can't find a file in its original location, it will automatically look for the file in the pub folder.
NeoSoft Support
Leos

Post by Leos »

Hi,
I posted this problem, but i'm not sure if it is an update error...

sendmail ERROR

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19806

Thank You
luishp

Post by luishp »

Thank you very much for the update Dave!
Best regards to all the NeoBook community from Spain.
HPW

Post by HPW »

I can confirm that the SendMail command wizard call throws a access violation in 5.8

Regards
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

Some days ago a customer tell me that my plugins variables selector from the actions properties dialog crash NeoBook 5.8. This is a bit rare, since work fine on 5.7. However, I put certain change in the code in order to work in both versions. In fact I use an "intermediate" PChar variable and apparently everything work fine in both version. I say this for two reasons: in principle the original code (to show the variables selector dialog) work on NeoBook 5.7,... and secondly the error we obtained are an access violation too... maybe this information can offer some help here.
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

I can confirm that the SendMail command wizard call throws a access violation in 5.8
This will be fixed in v5.8.1 which will be released shortly.
Some days ago a customer tell me that my plugins variables selector from the actions properties dialog crash NeoBook 5.8...
I can't reproduce this error here with any of the plug-ins I have installed. v5.8 does seem to be more strict about pointers than previous versions. I'm not sure exactly why this is, but if you were able to solve the problem by changing how you allocate PChars, then that's probably the best solution. What's the difference between your old code and the new code?
NeoSoft Support
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

Don't worry at all Dave. In fact I say here because the error (an access violation) is very strange. My old code use certain function and here the "nbInterface" procedure using certain variable to get the variables dialog selection. This variable in which I expect (and get using NeoBook 5.7) is passed to the refered function as an argument. This cause NeoBook 5.8 to crash.

However, when I take a look at the problem, my first solution are clear: declare an intermediate PChar variable and initialize like in other cases, then use this variable with "npInterface", and then, as usual, free the variable in the right way. Since this solution is the normal way when share PChar's between NeoBook and plugins, and also work under NeoBook 5.7 and 5.8, I adopt then and say nothing.

So don't worry, since now all my plugins work fine under both NeoBook versions and I think the taken solution is the correct way to do the task. ;)
carlos torres

Post by carlos torres »

Thanks for your time and that big effort.

carlost