A possible plugin for basic Serial Communications purposes

Using NeoBook to control external hardware and devices.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

dec

Re: A possible plugin for basic Serial Communications purpos

Post by dec »

Hello,

A new release of the plugin is available this time including the installer and integrated file:

http://www.neoplugins.com/temp/npComp.zip

Please, carefully read the plugin help file. I begin to think that we can deal, for example, with the "rare" character in various ways, playing with the plugin options and actions. In fact the proposed solution can work: we need to take care about the possible control characters, and, also understand that we can receive one or more characters, in other words, we can receive not the whole string which can expected. Probably a better way can be does, as I say before, playing with the multiple options and actions of the plugin, and this is because I recommend carefully to read the plugin documentation.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
michi

Post by michi »

Hi dec, I'm sorry for the delay but work lag me.
Anyway I've just tested the plugin with the powerscan using onEvent action and it seems that works fine!

When publication start:

Code: Select all

npCompCreate "[ID_Com]"
npCompOpenPort "[ID_Com]" "COM3" "[result]"
npCompSetOptions "[ID_Com]" "BaudRate=br9600;CustomBaud=0;InputBuffer=1024;OutputBuffer=1024;DataBits=dbEight;DiscardNull=False;EventChar=[#13];ControlDTR=dtrDisable;ControlRTS=rtsDisable;DSRSensitivity=False;OutCTSFlow=False;OutDSRFlow=False;TxContinueOnXoff=False;XOnChar=[#17];XoffChar=[#19];XonXoffIn=False;XonXoffOut=False   ;ParityBits=prNone;ParityCheck=False;ParityReplace=False;ParityReplaceChar=[#0];TimeoutReadInterval=-1;TimeoutReadTotalConstant=0;TimeoutReadTotalMultiplier=0;TimeoutWriteTotalConstant=1000;TimeoutWriteTotalMultiplier=100;StopBits=sbOneStopBit" ""
npOnCompRxFlag "[ID_Com]" "test" "[test]" "[eventResult]"

When publication receive [#13] character:

Code: Select all

:test
npCompInputCount "[ID_Com]" "[count]"
npCompReadString "[ID_Com]" "[count]" "[event]"
ListBoxAddItem "barcodeList" "0" "Barcode:[event]"
Return
I've read tens of barcodes very fast and no error has occured!
Michi

Started to use Neobook in 2003 when I was 12 to make interactive books. Coders saw me and smiled.
Nowadays I'm still using Neobook to create advanced and powerful softwares. Coders see me and say: «how did you make that?»
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

Thanks for the test michi. Glad to know finally you got it. Just a consideration: into the subroutine "test", the "[test]" variable contains the input count which you can use then in the read action, so, in principle you no need to call "npCompInputCount" here. Just try it. Thanks again for your tests. ;)
ebear

Post by ebear »

Hello David, Michi and the rest,

Also on my side my work didn't give me a lot of spare time to do a lot of testing. ( somehow a person has to sleep also :D )
Next weekend I expect to have some more time.

My problem is a little bit different from Michi's, I have to receive a lot of data per second. On the moment I have it quit stable, but some times a "rare character" comes in and this gives a failure in the npScop window.
But no worry, we will find a way.... The plugin has to many advances...

Regards,

Eric
http://www.lunarsoftware.eu - Lunar Software ERP database Development. Manufacturing processes, Document management, QMS, Stock management. Standalone solutions or connected to Helios Orange and other ERP systems.
dec

Post by dec »

Hello to all,

Eric, don't worry and take the time you need, of course. Remember you can play with different options in the plugin to set various "control chars". And anyway remember you can receive some "control chars" from the device, so you need to take care about it and filter (use or not) in order to work.
michi

Post by michi »

Hi dec, time goes but I'm still here! Today I've a very good news! Finally I can receive and send data to my Arduino! So I can tell that for my work your plugin works very well! I've still some problems with strange characters but it's not a problem difficult to solve! Now i'd like to start to write code for real use! So when we can buy official version of the plugin?
Michi

Started to use Neobook in 2003 when I was 12 to make interactive books. Coders saw me and smiled.
Nowadays I'm still using Neobook to create advanced and powerful softwares. Coders see me and say: «how did you make that?»
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,
michi wrote:Hi dec, time goes but I'm still here! Today I've a very good news! Finally I can receive and send data to my Arduino! So I can tell that for my work your plugin works very well! I've still some problems with strange characters but it's not a problem difficult to solve! Now i'd like to start to write code for real use! So when we can buy official version of the plugin?
Thanks for your interest and your tests! Certainly the plugin is published sometime ago: other customers also test the plugin with various hardware devices (Arduino boards and Barcodes scanners if I can remember well right now) and also found that work like expected. You can get the plugin right now in their webpage:

http://www.neoplugins.com/?plugin/npcomp

And if you want to purchase a plugin license can doing it from the NeoPlugins Store:

http://www.neoplugins.com/?store

If you need more information don't hesitate to tell me.
michi

Post by michi »

Hi dec, yes. I also tested it with barcode scanners when it was still a beta and it works perfectly! I've just seen that you have published it on your site. With other interesting plugins I think that I will make a kind Christmas present for me in December!
Michi

dec

Post by dec »

Hello,
michi wrote:Hi dec, yes. I also tested it with barcode scanners when it was still a beta and it works perfectly! I've just seen that you have published it on your site. With other interesting plugins I think that I will make a kind Christmas present for me in December!
Thanks michi!