gtComms crash

Using NeoBook to control external hardware and devices.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

michi

gtComms crash

Post by michi »

Hi all,
finally I have tried to use gtComms...

There's a case where plugin crash application.

PROBLEM CASE

PROCEDURE
1.OPEN COM PORT
2. START A LOOP TO GET ANY BARCODE INPUTS

If BETWEEN OPEN COM PORT COMMAND AND THE FIRST gtComRxLine an input arrive from com port application crashes.
Not sufficient to close and reopen application. To solve the problem I must connect to com port using a terminal application... Then all newly works. (maybe the terminal set com port buffer to zero -not possible using gtcomms?)

Anyone more expert has found a solution?

Thank you in advance,

Michi
Michi

Started to use Neobook in 2003 when I was 12 to make interactive books. Coders saw me and smiled.
Nowadays I'm still using Neobook to create advanced and powerful softwares. Coders see me and say: «how did you make that?»
michi

Re: gtComms crash

Post by michi »

I've limited the problem.

It occurs on this case:

1. CONNECT THE DEVICE
2. RECEIVE A DATA WITHOUT OPEN COM PORT OR WITHOUT HAVE LANCHED ONE TIME RECEIVE COMMANDS.

SO THE PROBLEM IS: it doesn't work if between the device's connection and the first open com port command + first receive commands something arrive to the port.

Instead if something arrive to the port when port is closed but just opend and just received datas before, buffer is successfully downloaded.

sorry for little english. I hope it's clair.

:(
Michi

Started to use Neobook in 2003 when I was 12 to make interactive books. Coders saw me and smiled.
Nowadays I'm still using Neobook to create advanced and powerful softwares. Coders see me and say: «how did you make that?»