hpwSimpleGraph

Questions about NeoBook PlugIns

Moderator: Neosoft Support

WinMacLyn

Post by WinMacLyn »

Hope that the new version brings the feature of making lines without figures. That way we can produce a kind of a lite CAD. With the hpwSimpleGraph!

That is very nice to know that hpwSimpleGraphExportToEMF can handle WMF files. Ones it is on the Word format, it can be generate into readymade and complete HTML pages easy. And even into Power Point to be edited there.

Thanks for all recently enhancements to the hpwSimpleGraph.

EDITED LATER

Oooops I thought that (.EMF) was a project file so the user can edit it on Word. But it is not, it is an image file! :(
If you do things with love, passion and common sense everything in life will be returned to you the same way.
WinMacLyn

Post by WinMacLyn »

Hi HPW,

I found the way to make lines without any figure in the hpwSimpleGraph plug-in.
The “secret” is in trying to make a line first. Then when the software don’t allow you to do so (A dialog window in German language appears) a small point appears where the user tried to start the line. Then the user must click over the point to convert it into a small square, the user must proceed by clicking the “button line” supplied in the software and then passing the mouse over the square. This time the mouse pointer it is going to be converted into a hand and when the user passes the hand and click it over the square and move the mouse to any direction a line in the canvas will appear.

The sad part comes, in trying to explain to the user all this in the help menu!

Please HPW can you take out the dialog window, or perhaps to be able to explain all this in any language in that window.

Thanks a lot for your continue support to the hpwSimpleGraph plug-in.
If you do things with love, passion and common sense everything in life will be returned to you the same way.
HPW

Post by HPW »

Please HPW can you take out the dialog window, or perhaps to be able to explain all this in any language in that window.
This is a bug and I am working on solution with Kambiz.
The bug is a hard one and it is in the Delphi 5 compiler.
So the plan is to move the project to Delphi 7.
But there is another problem to solve first.

The idea to make line from link-lines is not new to me, but there are more features needed to make it usable, I think.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Post by HPW »

Just released hpwSimpleGraph 1.19:

http://www.hpwsoft.de/anmeldung/html1/n ... ook19.html

Now compiled with Delphi7 because of a Delphi5 Bug.

Variable: [hpwSimpleGraphObjectOptions] Flags: 'goLinkable,goSelectable,goShowCaption'
Variable: [hpwSimpleGraphNodeOptions] Flags: 'gnoMovable,gnoResizable,gnoShowBackground'

Variable: [hpwSimpleGraphLinkOptions] Flags: 'gloFixedStartPoint,gloFixedEndPoint,gloFixedBreakPoints'

With this variables options can be preset before creating.
Hans-Peter
WinMacLyn

Post by WinMacLyn »

HPW:

Seems to me as a complete different version!

It is not compatible with my present application!
All the default settings are missing!

Even the sample PUB on the new hpwSimpleGraph 119 doesn’t offer any code examples as default page settings! Page Properties (Action) section. Neither at the Book Properties (Startup) section!

Please, can you put back all the default settings?

:(
HPW

Post by HPW »

All the default settings are missing!
What do you mean with this?
Please avoid unspecific error post in the future.
(like all plugins do not work etc.)

A error message should allow a developer to look at a specific funtion/command with specific parameters to be able to reproduce the error (besides OS and version info)

Also the sample PUB has not changed, besides the fact that I add the the new variables to the 'create graph'-buttons. And that was the place for the other default codes also. (Never in page or book prop)

And the demo pub works for me as before.

Anyway, a compiler change has always the potential of unexpected side effects.
Hans-Peter
HPW

Post by HPW »

After Kambiz was able to fix the D5 problem, I will switch back to D5 with the next release to get it smaller again (because the smaller VCL lib).
Hans-Peter
WinMacLyn

Post by WinMacLyn »

HPW:

It was late at night when I was trying to implement the new variables to my code and didn’t work just because I wrote only one parameter instead of all of them.

This is what I wrote: Setvar "[hpwSimpleGraphObjectOptions]" "goLinkable "

Instead of: Setvar "[hpwSimpleGraphObjectOptions]""goLinkable,goSelectable,goShowCaption"

I tried all of them with only one parameter.
It was frustrating when I saw the code not working.
Most of my default codes are at Page Properties (Action) and at the Book Properties (Startup) section.

I am very sorry for not checking well your sample PUB. I didn’t check the Create Graph button.

Remember I am a starter in NeoBook!
HPW

Post by HPW »

Just released hpwSimpleGraph 1.20:

Compiled with Delphi5 again because the Delphi5 Bug is fixed.
Hans-Peter
WinMacLyn

Post by WinMacLyn »

Thank you very, very much HPW,

With this new version you brought also the capabilities of making lines without figures.
This is excellent!
HPW

Post by HPW »

Just released hpwSimpleGraph 1.21:

Bugfix for rectangle-handles > 32 bit
Hans-Peter
HPW

Post by HPW »

Just released hpwSimpleGraph 1.22:

Changed compiler to delphi 7
Wizards now compatibel look with neobook 5.6

This is the last plugin which is been ported to the new look and compiler.
Mission completed!
:wink:
Hans-Peter
WinMacLyn

Post by WinMacLyn »

Thank you HPW for this update.
HPW

Post by HPW »

Just released hpwSimpleGraph 1.23:

Action: hpwSimpleGraphSetObjectText - Set text or hint of a given object by its ID.

Variable: [hpwSimpleGraphNodeDefaultHint] - When set this hint-text is used for a new created nodes.
Variable: [hpwSimpleGraphLinkDefaultHint] - When set this hint-text is used for a new created links.

Variables: All actions which sets a text-variable now also set a hint variable.
Example: [RectangleName_SelText] and [RectangleName_SelHint] (see debugger for others)

(until now the hint-property of nodes/links was unused, now we can use it for a object-hint or as a hidden info-string
which can contains info about the object. You can store a delimited list when needed)
Hans-Peter
HPW

Post by HPW »

I forgot to mention that hpwSimpleGraphGetObjectInfo now supports 2 new Info-typs: Text + Hint
Hans-Peter