weird scaling problem

Questions and information about creating Internet aware NeoBook applications. Including PHP, HTML, FTP, HTTP, Email, etc.

Moderator: Neosoft Support

frednet

weird scaling problem

Post by frednet »

A strange thing happens if i open a page in a browser object in Neobook, the page gets distorted.
Buttons are shifted out of place. If I open the page in IE or Mozilla Firefox things are alright.
I assume the problem is the experimental Internet page I made, but no time to fix that today.
I found a workaround by opening the weblinks in my browser through internetlink
below a screendump from neobook to illustrate the phenomena and also the url of the webpage
Can anyone explain why the elements on the page shift position?
Thanks Fred.

http://www.deanderen.tegenspel.nl/index ... waken-menu
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: weird scaling problem

Post by Neosoft Support »

Do you have the browser object's "IE7 compatibility Mode" option turned off? When turned off, both NeoBook and IE should look the same.

Also, below is a discussion of browser compatibility that might be helpful:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20784
NeoSoft Support
frednet

Re: weird scaling problem

Post by frednet »

Neosoft Support wrote:Do you have the browser object's "IE7 compatibility Mode" option turned off? When turned off, both NeoBook and IE should look the same.
Yes I have, actually I tried both ways.
Right now i am testing the specific web-page to see if the error occurs elsewhere.
The page consists of a background image and several differently sized button images kept together in a 3x3 frame.
Hope to find the time to investigate further, but for the time being using Neobooks internet link option to start the default browser is a very good workaround.

Thanks Fred.