Processing Sites

Questions related to the distribution, marketing and selling of applications created with NeoBook. (Formally titled: "Making Money with NeoBook")

Moderator: Neosoft Support

netsurfn

Processing Sites

Post by netsurfn »

I wanted to know what everyone's opinion on these processing companies are:

Avanti

Paypal

Qwerks

RegNow

RegSoft
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

The easiest would be RegSoft or Regnow. No matter who processes the payment, there will always be a fee of some kind.

You might want to look at Google Checkout. They charge less than Paypal, and from what I read, no fees until the end of this year. This rumor could be false. It's easy to create a buy button in either Google, or Paypal, with html code to put on your web page. Google has the advantage in that you can list your products on GoogleBase Products, and tie in Checkout, and Google will even create and host the web page for you. I haven't tried this, but the idea is to create a scenario where someone can do ecommerce, without a web site. As Google advertises on these pages, they also benefit. Google's strategy is to keep people on Google as much as possible.

I like Google. They are the usual giant beast, but what they offer works well for both parties. Their searches bring up what I'm looking for, they pay me every month for displaying Google Adsense, I can list my products, news articles, vehicles, travel and more for free, with a free web page if I don't have one, and list them on Froogle, Google AdWords is a good place to advertise your products, and their tech support is pretty good. I can also apply any moneys received toward my AdWords account, if I want. I recently uploaded almost 50,000 articles to GoogleBase News. The traffic to my site jumped considerably. Google is doing it right.

Paypal, on the other hand, has been flopping around since eBay bought them. Actually, if it wasn't for the eBay auction site in the first place, Paypal would have died years ago. They also don't handle chargebacks very well. You, as the merchant, usually lose. Then they charge you a 10 dollar fee, which they claim they are charged by the issuing bank, which is false, as I have been a merchant for 12 years, and had my share of chargebacks, and am familiar with their fees. Most chargebacks ocurr because the buyer doesn't recognize the merchant name, in this case Paypal, on their statement. They dispute the charge as unauthorized because of that. Usually a call to the customer, explaining who you are, and what they bought, will take care of the problem. You ask them to call the credit card company, and tell them to withdraw the dispute. In a recent chargeback I had with Paypal, I made the call, and 2 days later Paypal said I lost, and took the purchase price + 10.00 fee out of my account. The customer was a lawyer, and I know his secretary took care of it. I have had other chargebacks that ended up the same way. Anyway, Paypal doesn't seem to try very hard in regards to the seller.

Most of the new php shopping carts are beginning to include Google Checkout, as well as Paypal. So if you have a LOT of products, these carts make it easy to add large numbers of products, display them nicely, and handle all the payment processing. I recommend CS-Cart.

The 2 others you mention I haven't heard of. I would stay away from them because of that. Don't let a small guy handle your money. They are all trying to be number one, but we know it won't happen, and they'll fall on their faces. Even if they are bought out by the bigger guys, things can happen in the transition. I don't want my money involved in a conglamorate buyout. It needs to be a STEADY inflow, or I won't have my beer money :)
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
TMcD

ClickBank

Post by TMcD »

I recommend ClickBank.

http://homebasedp.reseller.hop.clickbank.net
(This is my affiliate link.)

http://www.clickbank.com
(No affiliate link.)

It has an affiliate system built into them that is easier to figure out, versus the other "shareware" options.

Troy
TMcD

Another Resource

Post by TMcD »

I also have some friends that like using this resource:

http://www.plimus.com/solutions.html

Here are some current details from their web site (always see link above for complete details.):

BuyNow - State of the art Software Registration Service.

Shareware - Add server side license registration and authentication to your software so only authorized users can run the program or some of its features.

Subscription - Charge end-users a set amount per day, week, month or any other time interval you may choose on a rental or subscription basis for your software or service. Create a Lease To Buy option.
We keep an open mind and are always happy to improve our products and services to match your needs - regardless to your company size or revenue.

Increase your revenue with Plimus:

No Fees - At Plimus there are no setup fees, or upfront costs of any kind, no hosting fees, no customization fees, statement fees, or any other fees you are probably paying now.

Low Cost - Commission rates are as low as 4.5%.

No Switching Cost - We will create all your setup, branded order pages , special needs for FREE.

Knowledge = Money - Monitor all your BuyNow pages activity with this unique real-time 24/7 tool. You will have access to user contact information even if an order is not completed.

Impulse Buying - Add promotion-Cross sells, CD on Demand, additional Charges and Shipping, Customize your order pages, emails and much more.

Surcharges - You may add a surcharge to certain services offered to your customers which will be paid to you in full.
datadon

Post by datadon »

I think I'm gonna weigh in here on PayPal. I think the biggest drawback to some is the association with Ebay. They think that is it's only use. But that is a wrong impression. Yes, they do own it and it is used extensively with Ebay, but there are so many other benefits to it that it is hard to get around. The tracking and accounting systems are good and if you really want to go with a full merchant account you can use the Payments Pro version, but I think the basic works fine for most stuff.

On my sites I always say anyone (even without a PP account) can use a credit card via PayPal. I put the PayPal logo on the site along with the various credit card logs as well. Many people use it that way, paying by their card though PayPal.

I also provide a small help file that tells that they don't even have to have money in their PayPal account to use it if it is linked to a bank or another card. Lots of folks are not aware.

Yes it is not perfect, but for a very safe and very reliable source of payment it works well.

You can even create a simple html page with a paypal button (get as fancy or basic as you need) and then display it in the NB browser window. I don't think it even needs to be uploaded, but probably a good idea. Just have an active connection going.

Nice easy payment system.

What I would like to know is? What don't folks like about it? I'd like to hear back on this.

Thanks
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Don. Read my post above. :)

I don't really know if one is better than the other. Some will have good experiences and some bad with each one. I don't ask a lot from them. Just get my money, take out your fee, and give me what's left. Do a google search about Paypal and when their system malfunctioned. Actually, just searching for "paypal" brings up a lot of interesting stories.

I still run about a grand a month thru paypal. Only thing I do is log in after each sale and withdraw my money so they don't pull their "you lose" trick on me again. :wink: They are timely about paying, usually in my bank account in 48 hours. And they haven't missed a beat. So, that's important too. Google Checkout is still too new for a payment track record. But their rates are lower, making a difference if you run any kind of money through.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
datadon

Post by datadon »

Thanks Wrangler, I did read your post, but was hoping to eventually get some other thoughts on it. It has worked well for us and perhaps due to the nature of our sells, we haven't had many issues and the ones we have had have been resolved very well.

It cost to sell things no matter what. So you might as well get what works best for you. In my wifes case, she has been selling exclusively on ebay and is just now branching out to an online store. Most of her customers still want to use PP, perhaps because they are ebay users. But the other thing is, that is where there money is also. They like to just transfer it to someone else. I hope it is us!
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'