Multiple currency table grid

Questions about our Advanced Database plug-in

Moderator: Neosoft Support

paeon09

Multiple currency table grid

Post by paeon09 »

Hi All

Struggling with this at the moment, perhaps I am not using correct field type?

Using Field type Currency as in OrderEntry pub.

I need a Balance Field that displays multiple currency symbols ie: Euro, GBP, USD as €100, £100,$100 in a grid, so that::

Fred Bloggs account balance is €12.30
Homer's account balance is $15.88 etc etc

Looking at the OrderEntry pub it uses the dbpSetFieldProperties DisplayFormat to achieve a Currency Symbol but that
(as far as I can work out) only applies to a field from another table.

I tried putting the different symbols in a text field in the same table as the Balance Field but it just uses one of the sysmbols
for all the balances using dbpSetFieldProperties.

I have achieved it with a listbox but have to use a monospaced font to line everything up which is not really what I wanted.

Also when I create the table and use dbpExecSQL to insert data if the data is all one symbol type like £2.50 its OK, but if I try to
mix the symbols Insert £2.50 in one record and then €2.50 in another record it generates an error?

I hope I have made it clear what I am trying to achieve :|

any help greatly appreciated

Tony
Wrangler

Re: Multiple currency table grid

Post by Wrangler »

I think you need to leave the currency symbol out of the db. 12.50 is 12.50 and could be euros or dollars or pesos. Put the symbol in a text box next to the field. I believe currency format pertains to the number of decimal places.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com