Meet my new project: HTML Compiler

Software of interest to NeoBook users

Moderator: Neosoft Support

dec

Meet my new project: HTML Compiler

Post by dec »

Hello to all!

Open this thread only to share with yours my new program: HTML Compiler, is a program for Microsoft Windows(tm) that allows you to put an entire HTML site (including HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Images, etc.) into an standalone Windows application which can be executed like any other Windows application. Well. Take a look if you like and, please, if you like it, help me to share HTML Compiler around the web! ;)

Thanks to all!
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
Luiz Alfredo

Re: Meet my new project: HTML Compiler

Post by Luiz Alfredo »

I have tested HTML Compiler and it shows to be a simple but great tool.

Used some Html Tools to make simple projects and even a huge Html Project with lots of notes shown in a treeview. HTML Compiler compiled all of them and Armadillo protected the final EXE.

Already registered my copy.

Congratulations David for this new Tool. Always with the same exceptional quality and great support.
L.A.G.M.
dec

Post by dec »

Hello!
Luiz Alfredo wrote:I have tested HTML Compiler and it shows to be a simple but great tool.

Used some Html Tools to make simple projects and even a huge Html Project with lots of notes shown in a treeview. HTML Compiler compiled all of them and Armadillo protected the final EXE.

Already registered my copy.

Congratulations David for this new Tool. Always with the same exceptional quality and great support.
You're very welcome! Always thanks to you for your support Luiz. :oops:
Luiz Alfredo

Post by Luiz Alfredo »

Another Tool used for creation of the Html Project (Serif PagePlus X6) and HTML Compiler worked perfectly.
L.A.G.M.
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,
Luiz Alfredo wrote:Another Tool used for creation of the Html Project (Serif PagePlus X6) and HTML Compiler worked perfectly.
I note this to take a look later. Thanks Luiz! ;)

P.S. Here is the website: www.serif.com/pageplus
gcoulthard

Post by gcoulthard »

This seems like a great project. Congratulations on producing a very easy-to-use system. Before purchasing, I would like to ask a few questions:
1. Have you compared your software to the HTML to EXE solution at gdgsoft? I'm wondering how your features stack up against the competitors.
2. Will you be adding the ability to compile PHP "database-like" applications (e.g., PHP with SQLite)? Or, is this beyond the scope?

Keep up the great work!
Glen
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

First of all thanks for your interest Glen. Certainly it's good when someone (not self) take some interest in our work. Of course HTML Compiler is not the only one program in their category. I test some of them and get good and bad ideas like can be expected.

1º I want to maintain the program quickly to use an with a good number of useful features. I want to follow the KISS principle, like in other of my programas. To put here an example, maybe I can incorporate UPX or Code Signing tool to the project, but, probably the best choice here is "Hey, use HTML Compiler to compile your HTML application, then use the programs you wanted to compress, signing, etc.".

2º At the least some of our competitors do not produce exactly well formed executables. This mainly mean that you cannot use the executable later, for example, to digitally sign it. The first versions of HTML Compiler do not allows this, but I put here some efforts and finally get the applications executables ready to be compressed or digitally signed, as well as protected (with tools like Armadillo) without problems.

3º I want to maintain the program interfaz as simple as possible from an user point of view. For example, I do not want (at this time) to add some kind of "toolbar" to the generated applications. In fact the philosophy is to provide a "blank window", without nothing added by HTML Compiler, except your HTML. In other words, try to provide you all the needed in order to allows you to provide your own toolbar (using HTML)... if you like.

4º On the other hand I want to add some features to HTML Compiler that maybe are not present into other programs, like the Command Line utility. This is not HTML Compiler act like a console application, but a real HTML Compiler command line program version that allow you to compile your projects more quickly from the command line, BAT files or maybe from other programs too.

6º About a possible incorporation of SQLite to the project, maybe is a good idea to considerer, however, if I think on save certain kind of data the cookies appear in my mind, so probably other "databases" are out of the proyect at this time. But, if we can found a reliable way to incorporate and found that can be useful maybe some feature like this can appear into HTML Compiler. But probably now I will answer: "If you need something like this, considerer to use NeoBook instead, which have great support for databases".

7º Finally HTML Compiler presents to you honestly and not announcing that can convert any website HTML into executables or so on. In the program help file (and here right now) I talk about this kind of "HTML to EXE" converters, because I think a program like that cannot be exists, due to certain limitations or needed requeriments. So HTML Compiler do not want to lie to anyone and explain the limitations that can be expect due to the program design, requisites, etc. Take a look at the help file (at "Web Browser controls" section) for more information.

Well. This is what I want to write in a try to answer you, Glen. I hope this can help you in some manner, but do not hesitate to comment here all other possible doubts you can have.

Thanks again for your interest! ;)
gcoulthard

Post by gcoulthard »

Hi David,

Thanks for the detailed response. And, please, do not think that I do not see value in your program. I do! I was just trying to reduce the need to do my own research by better understanding your roadmap and mission statement for HTML Compiler. Most of my websites and web apps are PHP-based (whether database or file-based). For example, I was wondering if I could use HTML Compiler to convert one of my DokuWiki textbook manuals into a self-contained, distributable EXE eBook. That would be wonderful! :P

I think you've done well in achieving your objective of a simple, easy-to-understand, and useful compiler. And, because of this, I will be supporting your project by purchasing soon. Once again, good to see new products from you, David.

Glen
dec

Post by dec »

Hello Glen,
gcoulthard wrote:Hi David,

Thanks for the detailed response. And, please, do not think that I do not see value in your program. I do! I was just trying to reduce the need to do my own research by better understanding your roadmap and mission statement for HTML Compiler. Most of my websites and web apps are PHP-based (whether database or file-based). For example, I was wondering if I could use HTML Compiler to convert one of my DokuWiki textbook manuals into a self-contained, distributable EXE eBook. That would be wonderful! :P
Unfortunatelly I think PHP is completely out of the scop of HTML Compiler for various reasons. Maybe in the future (I need to make tests again this) I want to implement (as an option, because this implied some "user security ask") some kind of HTTP server, that allow things that are not possible if you deal with the "file" HTTP protocol, but we continue working here with HTML and other static files.

I think PHP are out of the scop not only because we deal with HTML and other static files, but, because probably we cannot achieve this without the distribution of the PHP engine, and this is something that, in principle, break our desired standalone windows applications. Even the HTTP server maybe it's not a good idea because implied to setup an HTTP server in order to work with our application.

So unfortunatelly I only can suggest here the use of a possible tool which convert our PHP project into HTML files. I don't know if DocuWiki support this, but, in principle can be doing, and other CMS system like WordPress support this using some thirdparty plugin. On the other hand, if you take a look in Google searching for some "PHP to EXE" application maybe you have lucky and found something useful to you.
gcoulthard wrote: I think you've done well in achieving your objective of a simple, easy-to-understand, and useful compiler. And, because of this, I will be supporting your project by purchasing soon. Once again, good to see new products from you, David.

Glen
Always thanks you Glen, is more than a pleasure to know that my work can be considered useful for someone. ;)
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

This video shows how to compile a project:

;)
Luiz Alfredo

Post by Luiz Alfredo »

Thanks David for the New Features in HTML Compiler. It is working with many HTML Generation Tools. Keep the good work.
L.A.G.M.
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,
Luiz Alfredo wrote:Thanks David for the New Features in HTML Compiler. It is working with many HTML Generation Tools. Keep the good work.
Thanks you Luiz! ;)