Meet my new project: Small Editor

Software of interest to NeoBook users

Moderator: Neosoft Support

dec

Re: Meet my new project: Small Editor

Post by dec »

Hello,

Thanks again Tony. Well, in principle the temporary file can be a good idea. However, sometimes can be good to get a preview of an HTML string from an unsaved document. The problem is if we wanted a temporary file in this case, the program may need to ask the user to save the file... before the preview. And I don't like to ask the user for one reason: the user may want only to preview the HTML string... and don't want to save the document or "loss this time".

Well. Yesterday (and currently) I'm working on other thing in Small Editor, but, I promise that just after I put my efforst into this question in order to found a reasonable and good solution. :)

Thank you very much guys!
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
Tony Kroos

Post by Tony Kroos »

okay it's up to u how it will be done, but keep in mind - i personally wouldn't like to perform or confirm saving every time I preview (I like one-click) 8) and maybe wouldn't want to save changes at all (but I could use undo action).
dec

Post by dec »

Tony Kroos wrote:okay it's up to u how it will be done, but keep in mind - i personally wouldn't like to perform or confirm saving every time I preview (I like one-click) 8) and maybe wouldn't want to save changes at all (but I could use undo action).
Don't worry. I also don't want to confirm every time the same thing. ;)

If you update your SM copy you can view in what I'm working yesterday and today: now it's possible to show program icons in menus, tabs and other elements. This is however optionally, and you can configure it from the program options dialog.

Right now I'm working on the preview issue. I think, if the document can be saved, to offer another program option in order to "check" if want that program "autosave" the changes, or "uncheck" if do not want this.

In this last case the user is responsible for the preview, so need to save the changes if want to view the latest changes and the program "autosave" is off. I think this can be better, and, no use the temporal file.

Well. I will inform here when ready. ;)
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,

Ok. I did not found problems when try to save modified documents (I fix the past error before) so the program have now a new behaviour option wich can be use to determine if the program save (in the same file) the modified documents before the preview or not. In my case I want to save posible modified documents and for this cause this option is active by default and it's the recommended behaviour. :mrgreen:
Tony Kroos

Post by Tony Kroos »

You may place a close button (x) in tab's right corner instead of that useless blue icon )
dec

Post by dec »

Hello,
Tony Kroos wrote:You may place a close button (x) in tab's right corner instead of that useless blue icon )
Thanks for a good suggestion. I don't add right now for some reason, but, think on this in the near future. Remember, however, you can close the tabs usin the middle mouse button, using the tabs contextual popup menu or by the appropiate shorcut keys.

P.S. The icon on the tab show the document state: blue for no modified documents, blue plus a pencil for modified documents.
Tony Kroos

Post by Tony Kroos »

dec wrote:you can close the tabs usin the middle mouse button
wow, didnt know that ) and create as well, handy )
dec

Post by dec »

Tony Kroos wrote:
dec wrote:you can close the tabs usin the middle mouse button
wow, didnt know that ) and create as well, handy )
Firefox style! :)