Connect a mobile or USB stick

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

sakismorGR

Connect a mobile or USB stick

Post by sakismorGR »

Hello to the community!!!

I would to know if someone knows any way to detect a external device that you connect to pc. A device like USB stick or a mobile. And then to make a list from photos that is having the devices.

Best regards
sakismorGR

Re: Connect a mobile or USB stick

Post by sakismorGR »

Maybe if it possible to connect the mobile via wireless connection.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

sakidmorGR:

On my Windows 10 machine, when I attach ...

a) a USB drive, it shows up in File Explorer (This PC --> Kingston (F:) --> folders on the USB drive)

b) my Android Phone (primarily to charge it), it also shows up in File Explorer (This PC --> GTS7560M (which is product id of my Samsung Phone) --> Phone --> folders like Download, Music, Movies, Pictures etc.)

So, I trust that these (virtual) devices/folders would also show up in NeoBook FMFTP; also, there have been discussions on this forum about using vb/javascripts to extract lists of drives and folders.
sakismorGR

Post by sakismorGR »

Thank you Gaev!!!
I would like to know if someone else have any other solution. To find the device when it is connect.

Any other solution??
sakismorGR

Post by sakismorGR »

I can't find any solution when I connect a camera or a mobile. I can't detect them because is not having a drives letter.
Is someone knows any solution to be with drive letter all the external devices that i connect?
I use windows 7

Any help???
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

sakismorGR:
when I connect a camera or a mobile. I can't detect them because is not having a drives letter.
I don't know about attaching cameras, but as for your mobile ...

a) what make/model and OS are you using ?

b) when you say that you can not detect the drive letter, are you talking about Windows Explorer or NeoBookFMFTP ?
sakismorGR

Post by sakismorGR »

The pub will be to connect your mobile or a usb flash or your camera and to decide which photos you want to print. So I have to say that I need to connect more than one mobile with different models and the same with all the other devices.
So I need to recognized that a new device connect and to find the photos that the device is having.
Is that possible? Do you know any plugin?
Danito

Post by Danito »

Si quieres revisar si conectaron una unidad USB solo necesitas un objeto Timer y la funcion de Bunker EsRemovible...
http://www.neobookeros.com.ar/?p=268

Pon esto dentro del temporizador ...

Code: Select all

.Revisamos el registro donde se guarda el numero de USB conectadas o 0 si no hay
RegistryRead "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\USBSTOR\Enum\Count" "[cantidad_usb]"
if "[cantidad_usb]" ">" "0"
   StrParse "C:,D:,E:,F:,G:,H:,I:,J:,K:" "," "[disco]" "[num_letras]"
   Loop "1" "[num_letras]" "[i]"
      Call "EsRemovible" "[disco[i]]" "[EsRemovible]"
      If "[EsRemovible]" "=" "1"
      AlertBox "ALERTA" "LA UNIDAD USB [disco[i]] ESTA CONECTADA"
      ENDIF
   endloop
endif
sakismorGR

Post by sakismorGR »

Thank you for your reply. i have to say that i check your solution but it is not possible to find my mobile device. Only when I connect a flash stick the pub find it.
My redmi mobile is not get any letter like C: D:.

So any other solution?
sakismorGR

Post by sakismorGR »

No one have any idea?
Maybe someone to make a plugin?
It must have the camera, mobile a drive letter to get the photos..
David de Argentina

Post by David de Argentina »

I don't know if plugin would work fine for you:

http://neosoftwarecom.ipower.com/neoboo ... 16&lid=139

My 0.01
David de Argentina
sakismorGR

Post by sakismorGR »

Hello David,

I test your plugin but i have to tell you that is impossible to find the mobile. Is not having a drive letter so it is impossible. With a usb stick is OK.
Is it possible to make a custom plugin to find all the devices that you connect to a PC? Like a camera and a mobile?

I can pay for that a normal price. Please check it if it is possible.

I try to explore the folders from neobook FM/FTP plugin and I have to tell you that I can't find anything files to the folders.
If i explore normally by the windows i have to say that I can see the files and search them.

What is the problem and why I can't see the files???? I must have to say that I use the Basic File Manager example that is with the plugin.

Any suggestions???
David de Argentina

Post by David de Argentina »

sakismorGR:

I think is not possible do a plugin that handles the connect driver of each model of phone.

Several phones has a propietary soft that allow to get the data (i.e. Sony)

I don't take in mind begin a complete development in order to sell one (perhaps two) plugins that this will result a pain in the neck for special devices that does not work.

This was my 0.01

David de Argentina
sakismorGR

Post by sakismorGR »

I am really thank you for your quick answer. You are right for all.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

sakismorGR:
when I connect a camera or a mobile. I can't detect them because is not having a drives letter.
When you stick a USB Drive in the USB port of your computer, it shows (in Windows Explorer) as another disk/drive (e.g. E: or J: or K:)

But when you connect a mobile phone (my experience is with an Android Phone only), it shows up (in Windows Explorer) as a DEVICE !!! (not a drive) ... and that is why it won't find it as just another drive letter.

You then have to drill down (just like you would with C:) the folders under the Device, to get to the files stored on this Device.

1) Connect your Mobile Device and see if it shows up in Windows Explorer ... on my Windows 10 Machine, it shows up under "This PC" ... at the SAME level as "Windows (C:)" and "Recovery (D:)"; if it does not, refer to this article that might be the cause ... http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobile-p ... roid-phone ... if you still can't see the device after you check the "Connect as Media device (MTP)" option, I can't suggest anything more.

2) If you can see the device in Windows Explorer, drill down to see the folders and files on it ... one of the folders should be "Pictures"

3) As for a scripted (plugin) solution, you need to use "Device Manager" services ... here is a vbscript solution ... https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... forum=ITCG ... I have no idea if it works (nor what to do if it does not) ...perhaps others (on this forum) with vbscript expertise could assist you (for a fee).

4) About 15 years ago, I helped a friend connect her digital camera to her laptop via the USB port ... it required installation of a custom driver (provided by the camera vendor) ... so I suspect that you will not have a generic solution that works with all cameras.