Neobook Update 2018

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

martincalatrava

Neobook Update 2018

Post by martincalatrava »

Hi, Happy New Year 2018 for all !!!. My best regards.

I would like to know if there are planned any Neobook update, Neodb and ftp update?

I think would be interest for example this addons for Neobook:
- Windows, Dialogs, icons and buttons designer accoding to new interfaces posibilities.
- The possibility to resize apps and objects easily, any kind of assitant for this.
- The posibility to use anoter web browser installed into a PC (Firefox, etc..) and any variable to check if another web browser is installed to use it
- The posibility to compile into 32 and 64 bits

Any update would be apreciated.

Thanks
FLEUR DE MAI

Re: Neobook Update 2018

Post by FLEUR DE MAI »

un redimensionement facile serait bien
gigisat60

Post by gigisat60 »

After years of no update we can simply say that Neobook.b is dead.
stu

Post by stu »

Same as with AppBuilder... Open source it, let the community take care... As it stands, its doesnt get any attention from the devs, its probably not selling anymore and its will become abandonware soon enough... Give it a bit of extra life by appealing to other devs will to make it better...
BRobinsonS

Post by BRobinsonS »

I would hate to see Neobook and other apps die.

I used to Program with Delphi as a hobby/business but it became too expensive to update.
Neobook and add-ons satisfied my programming needs at an affordable cost.

I have written several apps such as Accounting, Invoicing, Inventory control, membership database, Envelope printing, and other small projects.
All single user but have not expanded to multiuser and would like too.

I will use Neobook as long as I can.
Still haven't put Neosoft App Builder to use but hope it too stays alive.

I have enjoyed this Forum more than others since the DOS days. (Am I showing my age?)
Brian Robinson
'When all else fails, try again!'
www.ComputerSoftwareSystems.com
Ghatoo

Post by Ghatoo »

Hi, Happy New Year

It is a pity that neosoftware does not pronounce itself in any way about the updates, out of respect for who we are your clients should understand that we have put effort to create software solutions (personal or commercial) over which we have responsibility, if there are difficulties express them with sincerity to know in time to where you can go in the future with NeoBook, for now and with nostalgia for this year I already started the goal of migrating 5 applications to C # before I have a tragedy of compatibility with my data.

Es una lastima que neosoftware no se pronuncie en ninguna forma al respecto de las actualizaciones, por respeto a quienes somos sus clientes deberían entender que hemos puesto esfuerzo para crear soluciones de software (personales o comerciales) sobre las que tenemos responsabilidad, si hay dificultades deberían expresarlas con sinceridad para saber a tiempo hasta donde se podrá ir en el futuro con NeoBook, por lo pronto y con nostalgia para este año inicie ya la meta de migrar 5 aplicaciones a VS C# antes de que me ocurra una tragedia de compatibilidad con mis datos.
Por favor no dejen morir a NeoBook! Please do not let NeoBook die!
chromebandit

Post by chromebandit »

Hi there, so whats the point...?? is the Book closed or not... some response from Dave would be nice we still love your software...

Regards Chromebandit
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

This is a public forum, so I won't go into too much detail, but the short version is that there simply isn't enough revenue being generated to support further development. I've been doing this full time since 1990. The first 20 years were great. The last eight - not so much. I just haven't been able to keep up and adapt to the near constant changes to the software business - especially over the last few years. I'm sorry.

I am certainly open to some type of alternative process that would allow NeoBook and NeoAppBuilder to live on in some form. Unfortunately, open source is not a viable option without extensive modifications, since both programs make use of numerous commercial and free libraries.
NeoSoft Support
Ghatoo

Post by Ghatoo »

(Google Traslate) Respected Dave, thank you very much for answering these concerns, I think that right now, those of us who use and love neobook must be present to help you find alternatives to the circumstance you mention in your answer ... taking advantage of the fact that the forum is public. I invite the users that see this message to give their ideas on HOW WE COULD SUPPORT A NEW STAGE OF UPDATING AND MARKETING OF NB AND APPB

Some examples of how we could support

1. I agree open source IS NOT A JUST SOLUTION for neosoftware
2. A plan of at least 1 or 2 annual updates with cost for active users
3. A change of image of NB so that its use extends to other users (not only educational sector) (the page does not show even 10% of what NB can do)
4. Why would a user have to buy plugins from third parties? some very key plugins could help refinance to neosoftware!
5. Some users with great ideas and great knowledge to program, could support you in solidarity in a private technical committee to update the programs, while reaching a point of sustainable economic recovery (in exchange they could receive the recognition of neosoftware before the whole community )

I think that many users would like to help in some way, I understand that the commercial issue is complex as in any business, but perhaps adding ideas give you the encouragement to find some way!

regards

Respetado Dave, saludos muchas gracias por contestar estas inquietudes, yo pienso que justo en este momento, quienes utilizamos y amamos neobook debemos estar presentes para ayudarte a buscar alternativas a la circunstancia que mencionas en tu respuesta...aprovechando que el foro es publico yo invito a los usuarios que vean este mensaje a dar sus ideas SOBRE COMO PODRÍAMOS APOYAR UNA NUEVA ETAPA DE ACTUALIZACIÓN Y COMERCIALIZACIÓN DE NB Y APPB

Algunos ejemplos de como podríamos apoyar

1. Estoy de acuerdo open source NO ES UNA SOLUCIÓN JUSTA para con neosoftware
2. Un plan de al menos 1 o 2 updates anuales con costo para los usuarios activos
3. Un cambio de imagen de NB para que su uso se extienda a otros usuarios (no solo sector educativo) (la pagina no muestra ni el 10% de lo que puede hacer NB)
4. Por que tendría un usuario que comprar plugins a terceros ?? algunos plugins muy claves podrían ayudar a refinanciar a neosoftware !
5. Algunos usuarios con grandes ideas y gran conocimiento para programar, podrían apoyarte de forma solidaria en un comité técnico privado para actualizar los programas, mientras se alcanza un punto de recuperación económica sostenible (a cambio podrían recibir el reconocimiento de neosoftware ante toda la comunidad)

Yo creo que muchos usuarios quisiéramos ayudar de alguna manera, entiendo que el tema comercial es complejo como en todo negocio, pero quizás sumando ideas te demos el animo necesario para encontrar algún camino!

saludos

Jairo Moreno
(Ghatoo)
akbarali.ch

Post by akbarali.ch »

Any rough idea by when NeoAppBuilder would become final build. 2 months, 4 months, 8 months?

There's few things missing like the file operations, read/write file. Is it ever planned or never planned? Its the most important feature for me to decide to whether to get on-board NAB or not.
martincalatrava

Post by martincalatrava »

Hi, I agree to pay per Neobook upgrade. Neobook is a very good application builder.

Help us to have neobook upgraded and we pay for it for sure.

Thanks a lot
David de Argentina

Post by David de Argentina »

Thank you Dave for so many years of such great products and support.

Maybe it's a good time to think about an Oracle-type solution, which offers its products for free, and charges for training in the use of them.

I think it is viable to produce some version of Neobook with less services but free (may be without compiler option), to disembark in all the schools in the world, in such a way that an international training center could be offered that certifies its users, in our case, the teachers of those schools

I think that there are very good NeoBook developers in all parts of the world to put together a very good project of training program, and carry it out adapted to the characteristics of each region.

I think we can use the experience of these many good developers to build a resource of applications oriented to teaching, based on the branches of study: Mathematics, geography, grammar and language, Natural Sciences, etc., that may be available to all users of the world. In this way, all those who know and made part of the history of Neobook, we could participate.

I suppose that at some point, it is to return to the sources: To have a tool oriented to teaching and education, without being too pretentious but incredibly efficient.

I can put at your disposal my experience in having developed a platform of training guides, based on 4 chapters:
a) NeoBook Basic: The objects on the screen.
b) NeoBook Intermediate: Predefined actions.
c) Advanced NeoBook: The programming language. Logical diagramming
d) External Services: Plug-ins from NeoBook.

Again, many many thanks for so many and such good times to share so much quality.

David de Argentina
Ghatoo

Post by Ghatoo »

David greetings
1. Excellent idea, that of a "simple" educational version would have a great impact on educational communities that seek to initiate students in the subject of programming
2. I believe that a theme such as reactivating NB is very important and should have a formal development order

One. First of all, Dave, you should agree with these concerns and decide how you would like them to be treated (maybe one part is through the public forum and another part in a channel dedicated only to a certain group) that Dave would say
Two. It would also be key at first to know what guidance is planned within neosoftware for this year or following years.
Three. From this a work plan could be formulated (with goals, objectives and strategies to cover the priorities at least for 2018) and in the conformation of a multidisciplinary support team, from the interested persons.

Perhaps at this point the Captain of the ship, want to put order to his crew before receiving a brainstorm without some order ..... :shock: !

David saludos
1. Excelente idea, la de una versión educativa "sencilla" tendría un gran impacto en las comunidades educativas que buscan iniciar a los estudiantes en el tema de la programación
2. Yo creo que un tema como el de reactivar NB es bastante trascendental y debería tener un orden de desarrollo formal…

Uno. En primer orden Dave, debería coincidir con estas inquietudes y decidir de qué forma quisiera que se traten (quizás una parte sea a través del foro público y otra parte en un canal dedicado solo a un grupo determinado) eso lo diría Dave
Dos. Igualmente seria clave en un primer momento saber que orientación se tiene prevista al interior de neosoftware para este año o años siguientes.
Tres. A partir de esto se podría formular un plan de trabajo (con metas, objetivos y estrategias para cubrir las prioridades al menos para 2018) y en la conformación de un equipo multidisciplinario de apoyo, a partir de las personas interesadas.

Quizás en este punto el Capitán del Barco, quiera ponerle orden a su tripulación antes de recibir una lluvia de ideas sin algún orden… :shock: !

Saludos

Jairo
luishp

Post by luishp »

Perhaps software crowfunding is an option here:
https://www.sitepoint.com/crowdfunding- ... e-project/
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com
luishp

Post by luishp »

If I were in NeoSoftware position I will probably drop dramatically the price of NeoBook and start an agressive marketing campaign.
Using a platform like MightyDeals or similar to expose the software to as many potential customers as possible and creating a good Landing Page focused on selling.
NeoBook is yet an incredible tool with a lot of potential in a huge target market but is almost unknow to people under 40 years.
Increasing the customer database is a key point to introduce NeoAppBuilder later.
Personally I would offer my knowledge and work to help on this as much as possible as I'm convinced of the success possibilities.
It is simple: There is not any other software as smart, simple and usefull as NeoBook and NeoAppBuilder on Earth.
Please don't give up.
Luis Hernández - SinLios Soluciones Digitales
http://sinlios.com