Another Windows 10 Weirdizm

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Enigman

Another Windows 10 Weirdizm

Post by Enigman »

Hi All,

Well, I am at a loss with this one. Take a look here and tell me what's wrong with this picture:

Yup, that's it. The menus in Windows 10 are right justified. Now why on EARTH would Microsloth have done such a thing in Windows 10? What possible benefit could they have thought in their little pea brains would come from rejustifying menus on the right instead of the looooooong standing tradition, and more logical, left justification? I mean REALLY? That makes menus near the left of the window cascade off into space outside the program window. And notice on the image above that the "Tumbles" menu still shows a right arrow to indicate a submenu, while the submenu actually goes left.

And were they consistent about it? NOOOOOOOO. It seems to be programming language dependent. The language used to make both NeoBook and the resulting compiles now justifies on the right, while other programs with roots in an unspecified programming language are still justifying left.

Has anyone else running Win 10 noticed this behavior? Or is it specific to some setting my PC? Has anyone found a fix for this?

Dave? Is a patch possible to make the menu go back to the right?

Thanks.
Enigman

Re: Another Windows 10 Weirdizm

Post by Enigman »

Oh for the sake of Pete. I did manage to find out what's going on here. I should have searched before posting, but I'll leave this here just in case you wonder about this.

This behavior is something that happens on PCs with a touch screen. The assumption was that if you are using your finger and the menus drop down to the right then your hand will cover the resulting menu. I would have thought that the logical fix was to lift up your freakin hand, but that's just me. The MS idea of a fix is to tell Windows that you are left handed. Then the menus go back to normal. I'm sure that doing that will come back to bite me later, but since I use my mouse 99.99999% of the time, the impact "should" be minimal (until it does something else weird because it thinks I am left handed.)

You can find an easy fix tutorial here:

http://www.timsneath.com/windows-10-menu-alignment/
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Another Windows 10 Weirdizm

Post by Neosoft Support »

That's really strange. I'm glad you found a solution and posted it here.
NeoSoft Support