Moderator: Neosoft Support

rlFunctions - collections of some useful functions for neobo

Post by Guest »

rlFunctions

Version : 2.6n
Size      : 1.18 MB
Released: March 09, 2005 (Wednesday)

Updates:
- Fixed some parts of the GUI wizard. Also fixed rlWriteVarName mis-behavior.
- Added new parameters to rlJoinIt function, allowing you to set the path to where the target file will be created, and allows you to set a switch for a function to be able to delete the source split files or not.

sometime the URL above doesn't work. you may use this one:
http://www.geocities.com/reynolds_maily/rlFunctions/

Also available:

rlFtp4w NeoBook Plug-In
Last edited by Guest on Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
HPW

rlFunctions

Post by HPW »

Hello Reynold,

welcome to neobook plugin development.

Nice work. Some function are currently at hand in other plugins.
Autoit provide some similar commands, but of cource a external DLL is necessary.
I wish I would have had the time to make such a nice HLP as you did.
A sample pub could be also usefull.

At least: Keep on!

;-)
reynoldlariza

rlFunctions

Post by reynoldlariza »

okay i updated it to 1.9

I added more functions!
What's new?

Window Functions
- rlCloseWindow
- rlGetAllAppHandle
- rlGetAppTitle
- rlWinExec

Windows  Help Functions
- rlWinHelp

@HPW
well... yes your right,  there are already available plugins that have this functions. But, this is just the beginning :-) and I think the basic functions must always be included (right?).

About the sample pub? i don't know... but i'll try, i know i already tested them. But thinking of making a sample pub that includes all rlFunctions can be quite frustrating (hehehe) coz they're too many. Well probably on the next release it'll have a sample pub.
HPW

rlFunctions

Post by HPW »

>and I think the basic functions must always be included (right?).

No critic here!

> .. sample pub that includes all rlFunctions can be quite frustrating

Why? When you test them you have a sample. So what is needed more? Ok, a little polish may be needed.

Another point. I tried upx 1.25 on your plugin and now it is 51 KB instead of 172 KB. Maybe you want to get it a bit smaller.
SpiritHorseNOOT

rlFunctions

Post by SpiritHorseNOOT »

keep up the good work reynold
reynoldlariza

rlFunctions

Post by reynoldlariza »

@HPW
>No critic here!

Sorry I didn't mean that :-(

> Why? When you test them you have a sample. So what is needed more? Ok, a little polish may be needed.

Yes I do have the pub which i used to test each functions, however as you've said, it really needs a major polishment, coz i put all functions in a single page, and they overlapped each others. That's why i would never send the test pub i made, coz none will be able to understand it, except of-course me (lolz). Which means I have to make a simpler and organized pub for the plug-in. (that's why it seems kind a frustrating, lolz). Anyway, on the next release, it'll probably have.

> Another point. I tried upx 1.25 on your plugin and now it is 51 KB instead of 172 KB. Maybe you want to get it a bit smaller.

Yes i know UPX, but I think there's no need to compress the plug-in, since i can distribute it in zip or rar. Also (correct me if im wrong) NeoBook has the capability to compress files internally (including plug-ins).

@SpiritHorseNOOT
> keep up the good work reynold

huh? what do you mean? it ain't really helpful. Am I that perfect to you? (lol).
SpiritHorseNOOT

rlFunctions

no i didn't say you was perfect

You have some good functions that other plugins don't have to my knowledge ...... for example rlGetAllAppHandle

this gets the handles of everything just about that is visiable on the windows desktop including the sub handles of applications
reynoldlariza

rlFunctions

Post by reynoldlariza »

Quote: from SpiritHorseNOOT on 2:34 am on July 27, 2004
no i didn't say you was perfect

You have some good functions that other plugins don't have to my knowledge ...... for example rlGetAllAppHandle

this gets the handles of everything just about that is visiable on the windows desktop including the sub handles of applications
thank you very much :-)
and yes... i too agree(so far) with that. I'm still researching/studying some Win32API functions that'll be included in rlFunctions. However, lots of WINAPI functions aren't really easy to implement in neobook. So my head-aches (lol)
Alberto Meyer

rlFunctions

Post by Alberto Meyer »

Just a tip: all the windows (not Graphics Objects) got a handle. Even a simple button or a edit box got a handle (well, a button or a combobox or a edit box are windows and have handles, like applications). Getting all the handles in the same time can be a memory consuming task.
reynoldlariza

rlFunctions

Post by reynoldlariza »

Quote: from Alberto Meyer on 7:08 am on July 27, 2004
Just a tip: all the windows (not Graphics Objects) got a handle. Even a simple button or a edit box got a handle (well, a button or a combobox or a edit box are windows and have handles, like applications). Getting all the handles in the same time can be a memory consuming task.
Thank you very much for tip :-)

I will sure take consideration of that. And yes it's true that almost everything running in Win32 environment contains handles, coz in Win32 they're all just individual window with individual handles. Which is a good feature of windows, coz you can control objects(like textbox,buttons,etc), you can get info, pass info, show/hide the object, or even remove objects (im not sure about adding objects into external applications).
Anyway... thanks! :-)
reynoldlariza

rlFunctions

Post by reynoldlariza »

Ok guys, here's some addition to the plugin, rlFileList though its not unique. However it's much more flexible.

it will return all files and directories in a specified path without any recursion. All returned filenames are then stored into an array of variables.

I've added a demo publication to test this function. But please don't expect(yet) that the publication is complete with all the functions. I'll deal with that later, or if really demanded.
SpiritHorseNOOT

rlFunctions

could you possiblably add the ability to get text from a window/class
reynoldlariza

rlFunctions

Post by reynoldlariza »

Quote: from SpiritHorseNOOT on 5:39 am on Aug. 11, 2004
could you possiblably add the ability to get text from a window/class
Yes, definitely! the rlGetAppTitle is one sample, it retrieves the Application Title of a window based from its handle (hWnd) and/or classname.

Also since all objects in a window application are actually created under CreateWindow() and/or CreateWindowEx() their text/values,captions, and classnames can be retrieved.

The key to this is the Win32API GetWindow() function.

... huh? oh! i get it. You mean a function to retrieve parameters from any windows and/or objects in an application? Well... yes, Nice idea! but... It can be quite difficult implementing it without side-effects of consumption of memory resource being too large. Anyway, i'll put it in my TODO memo just if i forgot(LOL).

(Edited by reynoldlariza at 1:35 am on Aug. 12, 2004)
reynoldlariza

rlFunctions

Post by reynoldlariza »

UPDATES!!! Version 2.1 is released

added
- rlGetCommandLine
- rlCreateTempFileName
- rlRenameFile
- rlWriteVarName
- rlShowWindowAPI

also revised the rlWinHelp function. the HELP_COMMAND is removed. However HELP_FINDER is added.

Now the demo publication is complete and includes all functions from the plug-in. Though it may not be enoughly furnished.