An Image Flip Application - Uses NeoBook only ; no plugins r

Share sample pubs, scripts, etc. with other NeoBook users

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Gaev

An Image Flip Application - Uses NeoBook only ; no plugins r

Post by Gaev »

Here ...

http://www.software-zone.com/neosoft/in ... &f=1&t=166

... I have uploaded a pub that demonstrates an Image Flip application ; hope you find a use.
Beno

An Image Flip Application

Post by Beno »

Hi gk51,

Works and look real nice, thanks a lot.

Saludos,

Beno
mh

Post by mh »

gk51,

I love it. It's great!

MH
djold1

Post by djold1 »

Belatedly downloaded it...

Works very nicely. Haven't got to the code yet, but it is very impressive in operation.

I wonder if this approach could be translated into Delphi and compiled for speed and ultimate smoothness?

The lack of a flexible page plane is not too improtatn in many applications because the "effect" is there and the mind grabs it. If a suitable sound effect were added, even better.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Pete:

I wonder if this approach could be translated into Delphi and compiled for speed and ultimate smoothness?

Yes it definitely would ; however, the main area where it does not appear smooth (on my 500 MHZ AMD processor) is when the left hand side page is being expanded ; and the reason is that you have to issue two NeoBook commands (first to increase the width and second to shift it left).

Too bad the SizeObject does not facilitate resizing with anchoring of the Left or Right (or Top or Bottom) edges ; if NeoSoftware ever decides to open up this command, it would also be nice to be able to specify (as per previous requests) incremental/decremental values (from current ones) e.g.

25 ... as now, set width/height to 25 pixels (with anchoring of the Left/Top edges as appropriate)
25R ... set width to 25 pixels (with anchoring of the Right edge)
25DR ... decrease width by 25 pixels (with anchoring of the Right edge)
25IB ... increase height by 25 pixels (with anchoring of the Bottom edge)

But there are other requests of a higher priority and I don't think these are of the same importance.

However, as with all my submissions, NeoSoftware is free to incorporate any and all logic into future product releases.

The lack of a flexible page plane is not too improtatn in many applications because the "effect" is there and the mind grabs it. If a suitable sound effect were added, even better.

I have thought of placing some kind of image (with a transparent color running across at an angle) at the top and bottom of both the left and right sides, in order to give it a 3D effect.

I have also (using php) produced what looks like a (static) curled version of an image ; even if Ronnie's plug-in had pixel level access to images, I can't see it being fast enough to produce an ever changing (dynamic) curl effect with NeoBook script commands.

I haven't as yet looked at sound effects.

I think, additions to Pause/Reverse/Stop images, as well as Flip from Top to Bottom might prove more useful.