Made With NeoBook

Questions related to the distribution, marketing and selling of applications created with NeoBook. (Formally titled: "Making Money with NeoBook")

Moderator: Neosoft Support

rcohen

Made With NeoBook

Post by rcohen »

The title of this thread was a toss up... was also considering "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" ... but that was too long ;-)

I have bee wanting to see what others are doing with NeoBook for a long time, but it seems that many are "secretive" for whatever reasons they have. Ok, that's fine, but for those who AREN'T concerned with keeping their hard work secrets, I'd like to start this thread. Also, Dave, could you perhaps PIN this one? :P

I've been "down for the count" for a while now... and have just recently begun to jump back into life again. My FIRST project in a long time can be found at http://www.qrcommunicator.com and is both, a QR Generator and a QR Scanner. It is the first (that I know of) Windows QR Scanner / Reader that reads directly from the Windows Desktop without having to first generate a screen grab, load it into some software OR make a selection off the screen, etc. All you have to do with QRCom is press the keyboard combo (Ctrl+R) and it reads whatever QR (or UPC) code that it can find (and make out) from the screen. QRCom lives in the system tray.

NeoBook never ceases to amaze me ;-)

And so, what have YOU coded lately ? I'd love to see what others are doing...

Thanks

rcohen
dpayer

Re: Made With NeoBook

Post by dpayer »

rcohen wrote:The title of this thread was a toss up... was also considering "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" ... but that was too long ;-)
rcohen
Apologies, I didn't see this post before.

I must say, there is a bit of quiet in this regard. I think not everyone wants the world to know what they made their super-duper app with NB because it will surprise the customer it was not made with VB.net or Embarcadero or another so-called 'professional' type of software development package.

I have posted many of the things I have made here in the forum but they are only utilities. I haven't made any shareware programs yet but I have many in mind. I guess the day job keeps me busy. But I do use NB there for sure. I have made utilities to process hashing of files for reports, I am mid stream on two apps: one to do log file analysis of GPS data from 2500 terminals to determine quality of functioning and possible unauthorized relocation. I am currently working on a training app to teach computer operators here to turn on the Amber Alert system that the state lottery uses on their terminals to inform people of an Amber Alert (missing/kidnapped child). And the final of 3 projects that sit at 75% completion is a PDF printer that allows you to print to your pre-windows7 printer from a Windows7/8, Linux, data device, directly or by sending to an email account. That one is personal. I hate it that a perfectly good printer is expected to be thrown away simply because HP refuses to build a device driver for Win64 computers to talk to a Win32 based printer.

I'd like to show you a website but, like I said, my projects are either in-house at work or literally in house meaning 'at my house'. :)

I appreciate you starting the conversation. I think this should be expanded as I would like to see the NB platform get a bit more notoriety. I'm sure as it does it will be a rising sea for all boats. (Neosoft's and ours!)

David P.
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
mishem

Post by mishem »

On his website, we have tried to create a similar theme

http://neobooker.ru/forum/22-3076-1

but he could not attach a lot of people.
:(
andybrock

Post by andybrock »

mishem wrote:On his website, we have tried to create a similar theme

http://neobooker.ru/forum/22-3076-1

but he could not attach a lot of people.
:(
Probably because it was in Russian?

Andy
What I do and How I do it. - http://andybrocklehurst.com
mishem

Post by mishem »

Here, I do not see any activity. :)

You can join this thread and share their work. ;)
rcohen

Post by rcohen »

dpayer wrote:
rcohen wrote:The title of this thread was a toss up... was also considering "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" ... but that was too long ;-)
rcohen
Apologies, I didn't see this post before.

I must say, there is a bit of quiet in this regard. I think not everyone wants the world to know what they made their super-duper app with NB because it will surprise the customer it was not made with VB.net or Embarcadero or another so-called 'professional' type of software development package.

David P.
That's what I get a KICK out of. Whenever someone takes the time to look when I show them what I use, they are amazed. Dunno what authors are worried about, NB is the tool, but you STILL need the talent to flow logic, etc.

Here's an offer that I'd like to make to anyone who is looking to market themselves. Check out http://QRradio.NET If you like what you see, then let's trade ;-) Post your "made with NeoBook" link here in this thread and then contact me. I'll give you two channels of QRradio (for the life of the domain... which we hope is going to be LONG) to use any way you'd like. The most popular usage of our technology will probably end up being "Talking Cards" and "Talking Print Ads".

ALL software found in the rcmediaservices.net ring is "Made with NeoBook" and I'm damn proud of it !!

BRobinsonS

Post by BRobinsonS »

I find this an interesting thread.
I have been aware of Neobook and Neopaint since the DOS days.
I marveled at Neobook's capabilities since then but didn't spend the time learning it.
Perhaps it was the 30 years of teaching that kept me busy.
I wanted to incorporate it into my math classes but did not have computers available (in those days).
Now advancing 14 years in retirement and having learned Delphi (in the past) I now want to focus on Neobook for development because I find it much more enjoyable.

To answer your initial question: I forced myself to take on a database program using NeobookDB Pro. The app is a Membership program.
I have built on the sample app supplied with NeobookDB Pro.
I have also created apps for my use i.e. tracking sales (importing CSV files, reporting, etc), working with databases, etc.

I enjoy writing software but I have this hobby/business to run as well i.e. websites and marketing.

I don't consider myself 'retired'. I now say I am retired from teaching but self-employed.
Brian Robinson
'When all else fails, try again!'
www.ComputerSoftwareSystems.com
rcohen

Post by rcohen »

BRobinsonS wrote:
I enjoy writing software but I have this hobby/business to run as well i.e. websites and marketing.

I don't consider myself 'retired'. I now say I am retired from teaching but self-employed.
Thanks for sharing!

rcohen
petski

Post by petski »

I've looked for a couple of years for a tool that could take my MS Access apps and basically create programs that I could share with co-workers and friends, as enjoy creating custom apps to meet my needs. About two years ago I finally found the solution "Neo Books" Great program for a programmer want to be... like myself.

I have created numerous database driven apps that I use daily at work - for tracking, storing or information that I can easily retrieve to make myself more efficient at my job. Its almost winter time and time to create new apps --- this is a hobby of mine and yes most of the apps maybe simple in nature --- but this software "Rocks" I have submitted some of my applications to places like CNET just to see if there is any interest and to my surprise the COOKBOOK app. is holding at position (4) yea ha...

I have a lot of fun with this software -since I do not have the time to learn other commercial apps or pay the high price ticket for the software.... This Forum is great and filled with lots of great of and helpful users.

My applications available to the public can be downloaded and viewed at: http://www.websitedesignsforless.com/

Any comments - feedback, questions all welcomed...
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

Great story. Thank you for using NeoBook!
NeoSoft Support
Ferdari

Post by Ferdari »

My first public app for Windows XP/Vista/7/8-8.1/10 proudly Made with Neobook and Free :mrgreen:

GoodPaper Wallpapers

http://goodpaper-fondos-de-pantalla.softonic.com/

What you think?
http://www.noten.in
We have Apps!
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

Looks pretty neat. Thank you for sharing it with us.
NeoSoft Support