Help needed please - cropping issue!

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

MagicBytes

Help needed please - cropping issue!

Post by MagicBytes »

Hello, I up dated to neopaint 5.x, I mainly used 4.x, but now np 5.x uses layers, I can NOT figure out how to pick up an area and move it when I use the cropping tool like I used to on np 4.x

What am I doing wrong please ?

I am certain I have selected the correct layer or background as I have turned off the layers or background while I am working on the layer or background, the area that I wish to crop.

In np 4.x I am accustom to using cropping tool, once I have dragged out a cropping area all I had to do is move it any where on my canvas, but in np5.x I can NOT move it any more.

Cheers from MagicBytes :)
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Re: Help needed please - cropping issue!

Post by Neosoft Support »

When working with multiple layers, you have to make sure that the layer containing the content you want to move is active. The active layer will appear highlighted (in blue) in the Layer Viewer window. You should be able to use one the Scissors tools to select all or part of the active layer. Once selected, you can move the selected portion of the layer using the mouse or the keyboard's arrow keys. You can also select the entire layer using the Edit menu's "Select All" command (Ctrl+A).

The actual Crop tool is designed for cropping the entire image and not for selecting and moving part of a picture. You need to use one of the Scissors tools instead.
NeoSoft Support
MagicBytes

Post by MagicBytes »

Hello support, I tried that but it is NOT doing what you explained.

I have two layers and one background picture with different shapes on each one, I select for example layer 2 in the layers window, I tried using the rectangular or circle cropping tools, all that happens when I drag out the cropping tool is the shape on the layer dissappears.

Yesterday I tried the patch that neopaint has on the webpage and this is what happens now, before the patch, all that happened was the cropping tool was over my shape on any layer an it wouldn't do anything, all I see is the cropping tool rectangle box over my shape, when I tried to move my shape is just stays stamped on the layer or canvas, the only thing that moved was the cropping box, but since I put in the patch it deletes the shape under the cropping box soon as I drag out an area over my shape and let the mouse button go, it deletes my shape.

Cheers
MagicBytes

Post by MagicBytes »

Hi again, I mean't to say the sissors tools not the cropping tool.

Cheers
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

I haven't been able to reproduce that problem here. Can you send us a copy of your picture?
NeoSoft Support
MagicBytes

Post by MagicBytes »

Hello Support, firstly I better give you some specs about my pc.

Windows 7 Professional SP1, 64bit
8gb ram
CPU AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core, 3600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 logical processors
Gigabyte Mother Board - Model - GA-78LMT-SP2
Graphics Card - ATI Radeon 3000 - 512mb Video memory - resolution 1920 c 1080 x 60 Hertz

Ok let me start over, Below is a picture with some different shapes on the canvas working on a background only no layers.

When I go to the Sissors tool and choose the default one, then I drag out a rectangular area around one of the shapes, neopaint removes the shape soon as I let go of the left mouse button, shape is gone with a white background.

I still see the sissors rectangle on my canvas, I can move it any where on my canvas, and thats all!

This happened since I installed the patch! - NP V5.0.2 after the patch.

Before the patch NP V5.0.0 , all I got was the sissors rectangle around my shape but neopaint would not move my shape when I tried to move it, it just stayed put on the canvas!

Hopefully you understand my problem.

Cheers :)
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Try this:

1. Use the the default Scissors tool to select one of the shapes in your picture.

2. Check the setting on NeoPaint's option panel and make sure that the Cutout Blend Mode is "Normal" and Opacity is "255".

3. Then click the "Transparency" button on the Option Panel - the Define Transparency screen will appear.

4. Click the "Revert" button.

5. Select the "Auto" radio button. (Alternatively, if you want to use one of the other transparency options drag the corresponding "Color Tolerance" slider to zero.)

6. Click "OK".

You should now be able to see your cutout. NeoPaint should remember this setting for future cutouts.
NeoSoft Support
MagicBytes

Post by MagicBytes »

Hello Neopaint Support, Thanks that fixed it, works now, thanks a million :)

I have to learn the new Neopaint, was it bit complicated to figure out for me as I am accustom to np 4.x and np 5.x is alot different now with heaps cool features.

I tried the help file and couldn't see any detailed doccumentation on this topic.

Thanks alot for your time and replies.

Cheers from MagicBytes :)
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

I'm glad that the problem has been fixed.

We didn't anticipate that the "Color Tolerance" slider would get set to 255 - which results in all colors being transparent. We probably need to add something in the future to prevent people from choosing this setting.
NeoSoft Support
MagicBytes

Post by MagicBytes »

Hi, well it isn't a problem as such, it is because np 5 has been upgraded with lots of new cool features and as for me I was so accustom to np 4, I got confused, I should have read the help files more carefully then I wouldn't have needed to post a question as it shows in there how to do it.

Thanks for your time an efforts helping me.

I love the all new Neopaint 5.x

Cheers
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

It's no problem at all to help.

Thank you for using NeoPaint!
NeoSoft Support