NeoPaint 5.0 Released!

General questions about using NeoPaint

Moderator: Neosoft Support

dec

Post by dec »

Hello,
BRobinsonS wrote:
So what happens after you choose NeoPaint5.exe ? ... does it open the image file in NeoPaint5 that one time ?
No
... if not, what happens ?
When I click on Neopaint, the image opens with Windows Picture and Fax viewer which remains highlighted in the list. I have clicked on Neopaint, used open button, used Dropdown at open and still no luck.

And Neopaint is still not in the list. There is Firefox, 7Zip even Neobook DBPro Report Designer but not Neopaint.

Just have to wait for an update to see what happens with the installer.
Maybe the program not appear on the dialog list, but, you cannot to choose the program by pressing a button named "Browse" or something like this? I think the list of programs that appear on the list are controlled by Windows, but, Windows let you the use of the "Browse" button in order to choose the program you wanted.

Hope this can help in some manner here.
Enhance your NeoBook applications!
58 plugins, 1131 actions and 233 samples
NeoPlugins website: www.neoplugins.com
BRobinsonS

Post by BRobinsonS »

Finally a solution!

After trying all the normal attempts to associate a file type with Neopaint 5, I decided to try re-naming 'c:/Program files/Neopaint 5/neopaint.exe' to ...neopaint5.exe and run through the 'Open with /Browse' etc and low-and-behold Neopaint 5 is now associated with jpg files and I assume others will follow.

Gone is Neopaint 4 and long live Neopaint 5. :D 8)
Brian Robinson
'When all else fails, try again!'
www.ComputerSoftwareSystems.com
Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

Post by Neosoft Support »

The picture I got the delay with is 1920x1280 which is a desktop picture I was playing around with.
With an image of that size I did notice a teeny tiny delay while the undo is updated. I think it might be caused by generating the thumbnail that's displayed in the undo history, which many programs don't have. However, I didn't feel that the very small delay interfered with my work, but maybe it can be minimized further in a future update.
What would make NeoPaint perfect from my point of view, would be the possibility to create a stamp with a speific size. So when I create an image at a certain width and height, the size of the stamp would be relative to the image size.
That's an interesting idea, but it sounds like something that would be more appropriate for a CAD program rather than a paint/photo editor.
NeoSoft Support