Image Viewer Question

Questions about our File Management and Internet FTP plug-in
datadon

Image Viewer Question

Post by datadon »

This is one of those questions you hate to ask because you know the answer is going to be obvious:

In the Image Viewer Sample Pub, when you select and image it calls a subroutine. I cannot for the life of me find where the code is the calls the subroutine.
Anybody help with this?

Thanks in advance.
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Don:
I cannot for the life of me find where the code is the calls the subroutine.
You don't call it ... because the association is via the subroutine name (label) i.e. because it has the command ...

Code: Select all

fmConnectLocal "FileList" "InitialPath=[InitPath]"
... there is an automatic association with the subroutine ... :FileList_SelectionChanged.
datadon

Post by datadon »

Hmmm, is this unique to this plugin or have I been missing something for a while? Is there some help reference for this?

Thanks Gaev.
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Don:
Hmmm, is this unique to this plugin or have I been missing something for a while? Is there some help reference for this?
It was previously used with Custom Window objects ... from the help file ...

Code: Select all

You can define special subroutines that will be executed when a specific custom window is opened or closed. To do this, simply create two subroutines - one called ObjectName_OnOpen and one called ObjectName_OnClose. Replace ObjectName with the name of object used when opening the window.
As for NeoBookFM/FTP ... see the section in the Help file called Special SubRoutines.
datadon

Post by datadon »

Thanks Gaev, good to know.

I also learned something today about not using a number for a table name. Didn't work at all until I found out by changing it to a text name. Then it worked. I wouldn't normally give a table a number, but it imported that way and I didn't bother to change it. Should have.

Database is Access.
Don

Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Don:

Thanks for sharing your finding ... when you had named it as a Number ... was it something like 411 ... or did it start with a number (e.g. 411info) ... or did it just contain numeric characters (e.g. Info411) ?
datadon

Post by datadon »

It was just a number: 1403456

Treated it as if it did not even exist, no error message or anything. Changed it to: Drawings

and all was fine.
Don