NeoBook 5.6 beta 2 Released!

Information about NeoBook Updates

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

NeoBook 5.6 beta 2 Released!

Post by Neosoft Support »

NOTE: This beta test is now closed. The completed version 5.6 can be downloaded from:

http://www.neosoftware.com/nbw.html

Original post:

A second beta version of NeoBook 5.6 is now available for download. This update should correct all of the bugs reported in beta 1.

In addition to the bug fixes, beta 2 includes the following:

* An updated help file.

* Added a "use Windows theme" option to ComboBox object’s properties. (This may not be noticeable on Windows versions other than Vista.)

* Added a case sensitive option to StrReplace and SearchStr actions.

* Added a test button to the Function Editor to allow current publication to be run without closing the editor.

Please report any additional bugs here or to info<at>neosoftware.com.
Last edited by Neosoft Support on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
NeoSoft Support
avalosro

Request funtion.

Post by avalosro »

Hi Dave

:lol: It is possible to add in the ListBox in the Action section the functions, Left click and Right click :?: :?: :?:

:lol: sometimes these functions are necessary in the Neobook projects :roll: :?:
smartmedia

Post by smartmedia »

Hi...

Thanks Dave for
Added a case sensitive option to StrReplace and SearchStr actions.

Its possible to add a command to rename a file.
I have used the Plugins from Ronnie and Raymond but don't seem to work.

And some feedback.
When i check the option for theme in combo i am suppose to see something different...??? In my XP i don't see anything different.

Also a nice update in Pluing window will be like the picture i upload.

And something very important to me.
Is possible to create a command that checks if the character or a string is upper or lower case...???
The global variable [FocusedObject] still has problem refresh it's contains.
example: Create 2 textEntry and a text contain the [FocusedObject] and you will see.

Thanks again
Last edited by smartmedia on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Downloaded v5.6 BETA 2 ... on my XP Pro SP2 machine ... in a folder different from my current v5.5

a) Installation went smoothly.

b) When starting NeoBook ... NO LONGER asks if I want to take a tour.

c) Now remembers "last used pub" when re-starting NeoBook (with appropriate StartUp Option selected).

d) In Action Editor ... when double clicking on the Action commands, it now pops up the wizard for the command all the time.

e) The Page tabs are no longer problematic ...

- right clicking on a tab now automatically makes it the "current/default" page as far as subsequent menu actions are concerned

- the tips (x of y) appears slighlt to the right ... but STILL blocks the Page Tab if the Page Name is very short (e.g. Init or Main) ... would be nice to have option to turn Tips off (in a future version) ... or shorten the Tip text to just the Page#.

f) In response to F7 ... the page list is correctly sorted ... but I STILL don't think the "Show Images" Check Box works ... no difference whether it is checked or not ... something I am not understanding ?

g) [self] works ... [FocusedObject] works ...

@smartmedia: Do you have an example of a (sample) pub where the behaviour of NeoBook is DIFFERENT in the Beta 2 vs. v5.5 ? ... if so, perhaps you can provide a place for others to download it and check out what you are doing differently ... as mentioned before, when [FocusedObject] was introduced (before v5.6), it was discussed that this variable is not continuously automated ... only when you reference it in a script command ... like AlertBox or SetVar
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Using WinXP Pro SP2:

Deleted test Neobook 5 registry entry. Renamed old Neobook 5 entry:

Installation went smoothly in a folder different from my current v5.5.

Can also confirm no more tour, and last pub showed fine. All plugins loaded fine.

For me, the Page List shows partial images with Show Images box UNCHECKED. Checking the box showed full images. Hard to see it on my large monitor, but it looks like it only shows some objects when box is unchecked. I would assume the images should disappear when unchecked.

I got the tips to show once. Tip box was below page tabs, laying on top of my tray, and looked good. But then it wouldn't show again. Maybe should show ABOVE tabs instead?

Can confirm when right clicking page tab now moves focus to that page. No more accidently deleted pages!

I like it so good I will install over 5.5. Good job!

Added Later: Installed over 5.5 with no problem. Didn't uninstall 5.6, just deleted the folder. Didn't know if registry entries would also be deleted. Didn't want to re-install all my plugs. :o
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
smartmedia

Post by smartmedia »

Hi...

Gaev:
I guess you right about the [FocusedObject]. The funny think is that if you put the var in a text, create 2 pages and move from one page to one other the text is show the contains of the var.

One other bug i notice is that the page name if is in Greek is show like Chinese, before was showing correctly.
Last edited by smartmedia on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

For me, the Page List shows partial images with Show Images box UNCHECKED. Checking the box showed full images. Hard to see it on my large monitor, but it looks like it only shows some objects when box is unchecked. I would assume the images should disappear when unchecked.
My mistake ... I misunderstood "images" as "thumb nail of page view" ... after I placed a Picture object on the page (LOL), I see that this option refers to "Picture objects" ... images of other objects are unaffected by this option.
I got the tips to show once. Tip box was below page tabs, laying on top of my tray, and looked good. But then it wouldn't show again. Maybe should show ABOVE tabs instead?
On my machine, the Tips are displayed a short while after I (left) click on a Page Tab ... and remain displayed for a second or two ... perhaps you were expecting the tips to display on MouseOver condition ... like in a web page ... I think this kind of response strikes a good balance between benefit and annoyance.
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

I see what you mean about the tips. When I first run neobook, it does show the tip on mouseover only once. Then I must left click to see it again. However, it is unnatural to hold your mouse on the tab once you've loaded another page. Showing them on mouseover makes more sense to me. An option to turn tips off would be good.

If I collapse the task bar, I experience the covering of the page tab like you. But with task bar showing, it shows neatly over the task bar. Didn't notice this as I always have my task bar showing.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
domino

Vista problems resolved

Post by domino »

Haven`t had time to explore all the new stuff yet.. but the previously posted issues with Vista appear to have been resolved and the upgrade is stable.

Many thanks for a really useful upgrade...

Cheers
Dave
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

smartmedia:
I guess you about the [FocusedObject].
Sorry, I don't understand.
The funny think is that if you put the var in a text, create 2 pages and move from one page to one other the text is show the contains of the var.
That is because ... on PageEnter ... there is defacto Refresh of all objects on the Page ... as mentioned in my previous post, if you have a Text object whose content is defined as [FocusedObject], just do a RefreshObject on this Text object and you will get the most uptodate value of this variable displayed.
Luiz Alfredo

Post by Luiz Alfredo »

It is working so good I've installed over version 5.54.

Thanks and congratulations for the good job.
L.A.G.M.
smartmedia

Post by smartmedia »

Hi...

I facing a problem with the Neobook fonts...
I use in Editor Font Courier New
When i copy a text into notepad or any other application like MS Word, the Greek characters are show like Chinese.
That was working before beta version correctly...
Can you please fix it, and if you can input more fonts like Arial or Verdana...

Thanks...
Leos

Post by Leos »

it works fine, to me

Thanks Neosoft

PS - it miss find page function and some others... but it's 8)