NeoBook 5.5.1 Update Released!

Information about NeoBook Updates

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Neosoft Support
NeoSoft Team

NeoBook 5.5.1 Update Released!

Post by Neosoft Support »

NeoSoft Corp. has released NeoBook version 5.5.1. Registered users of previous versions of NeoBook 5 can download a free update patch for version 5.5.1 from the following web site:

http://www.neosoftware.com/patch.html

Follow the instructions to download and apply the update patch.

This update contains the following:

Enhancements

-Added a Double Click action to the List Box object.

-Added an “Async” option to the DownloadFile, InternetFileExists, InternetFileSize, InternetPost and InternetGet actions. Enabling the Async option allows NeoBook to respond to other input while waiting for an HTTP action to be completed.

-It’s now possible to use the BrowserSetElement action with “file” type elements.

-Added a global variable called [PageCount] that contains the total number of pages in the publication.

-The ActiveX control’s download security dialog now offers users a choice of English, French, Italian, Spanish and German text.

Fixes

-Subroutines associated with the MoveObjectAlongPath and Run actions are now correctly executed. This option was inadvertently disabled in version 5.5.0.

-The screen saver preview image now displays correctly in the Windows Control Panel.

-The Align command can once again be used to align a single object to the page.

-The Text Entry Field now correctly handles the “Large Fonts” option. Previously, using large fonts with single line Text Entry Fields could cause the bottom of some letters to be cut off.

-The PrintTextFile action now correctly positions the page footer on A4 and larger paper sizes.

-It’s now possible (although not recommended) to display an Alert Box within Mouse Enter/Exit actions.

-Corrected a problem that caused the NeoBook ActiveX control’s download security dialog to appear underneath certain types of IE windows.

-The InternetFileExists action no longer displays an error message when the requested file cannot be found.

-And several other minor fixes.
Last edited by Neosoft Support on Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeoSoft Support
datadon

Post by datadon »

It’s now possible to use the BrowserSetElement action with “file” type elements.
This is great! I don't know if others can appreciate this as much as me, but NB is getting pretty powerful in the web world. This little trick opens up the possibility of using web based ftp uploaders with NB as just one of it's options. Any file path you select can not be inserted into a web page and processed as it you had selected it using a web browse button. Or maybe even file attachments etc. More worlds to explore.

Thanks Dave.
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

I don't know if others can appreciate this as much as me, but NB is getting pretty powerful in the web world.
<appreciated>
Prior to v5.5, NeoBook script commands could be deployed to ...

- download files from the internet to the local disk
- load/run html documents with Javascript/VBScript
- pass variable data from the html document to NeoBook script (in a limited round about way)

If being able to ...

- get/set NeoBook variables from Javascript/VBScript
- get/set Javacript variables from NeoBook

... didn't qualify v5.5/v5.5.1 as worthy of a "plugin" ... being able to ...

- invoke NeoBook commands/SubRoutines from Javascript/VBScript
- invoke Javascript/VBScript commands/Functions from NeoBook
- upload files from the local disk to the internet (without user intervention)

... surely makes it the best platform (only ?) for cross-domain application development ... with RAD and reliability features to boost !

This complete 2-way interface with Internet Explorer makes a whole world of Open Source software deployable in applications built with NeoBook ... as soon as I complete an ongoing project, I plan on tackling a few such projects ... e.g modifying a WYSIWYG editor that runs in the Browser object ... but can load/save html content from NeoBook ... and there are dozens of freely available Javscripts for making "special effects" with text and images.
</appreciated>

@Don
This little trick opens up the possibility of using web based ftp uploaders with NB as just one of it's options. Any file path you select can not be inserted into a web page and processed as it you had selected it using a web browse button.
... did you mean http uploaders ... or have you found a way to use ftp with Internet Explorer's File Upload facility ?
It all started when my dog began getting free roll over minutes.
... sneak peek of v6.0 ...

Code: Select all

:DailyDogRoutine
MakeDog "Rex" "Sit"
MakeDog "Rex" "RollOver"
MakeDog "Rex" "PlayDead"
MakeDog "Rex" "Fetch" "RollOverMinutes" "10"
MakeDog "Rex" "Search" "Google" "Dog Dating Services"
GoodDog "Rex"
Return
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Hmmm.
:DailyDogRoutine
MakeDog "Rex" "Sit"
MakeDog "Rex" "RollOver"
MakeDog "Rex" "PlayDead"
MakeDog "Rex" "Search" "Google" "Dog Dating Services"
GoodDog "Rex"
Return
If you're using this code in your ongoing project, it may never get finished! :P (Well, maybe, if Rex gets tired of it and responds just to appease the user, and even then, I would bet its the "sit" he goes for). Good ole Rex.

Being able to use IE FTP file upload feature would be nice. It's a good alternative to those who don't want the learning curve of a FTP client. I don't know much about javascript. Guess it's time to break out the books.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
datadon

Post by datadon »

Whoops, my apologies for saying ftp uploader. I did mean http. I get the two inter-twined in my mind. And in fact, I have not actually tried it for that exact purpose. I have used it as a fill in for a browse object that in turn is used in the code to upload the selected file. It does work in that way.

My thoughts were that most of the http uploaders have a browse feature to select the file(s) to upload and I was thinking it would work in that sense also. so you could use a broswer object, have a url that is an uploader, and send the file names to it.

I am not clear at this point if we can actually push the submit button from NB. In my situation, I manually purch the button on the browser button screen.

Now you got me thinking.... If the submit could be done, could this not all be done in the background?

I don't think I can Make(my)Dog do anything..... :)
Don

'If you want to get a brontosaurus from 'a' to 'b' then you ride the dinosaur - you don't carry it!'
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

I made the same mistake, Don. It is http upload. Still would be nice to upload a file with no user intervention. Some services such as Google Base will accept http uploads.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Don:
I am not clear at this point if we can actually push the submit button from NB. In my situation, I manually purch the button on the browser button screen.

Now you got me thinking.... If the submit could be done, could this not all be done in the background?
... there might be "other required user interventions" ... like typing some random text in an image ... forced upon by the likes of eBay, Google or Amazon when filling out their forms ... to prevent automated submits ... especially by hackers ... but not withstanding that ... and especially if the form is inside an html of your own ...

Code: Select all

document.getElementById("myForm").submit()
... will do it ... where the your form tag looks like <form id="myForm">

And you can invoke such a command from NeoBook script with BrowserExecScript.
datadon

Post by datadon »

Gaev,
document.getElementById("myForm").submit()
So I understand you, is that all that would be required to push the submit button? There are my own web pages and form code so no issues there.

Using the BrowserExecScript, with the above as the script are you saying it should execute the submit button? After putting in the corect ("myform") info of course.

Thanks for info.
Don

Gaev

Post by Gaev »

Don:

Short answer is Yes ; I sent you a PM on this.