Where to migrate if Neobook is finished?

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

Palamar

Where to migrate if Neobook is finished?

Post by Palamar »

Where to migrate if Neobook is finished. If you had to mention a sufficiently complete software like Neobook, what would be the suggestion?

ESPAÑOL: Donde migrar si Neobook se termina. Si tuvieras que mencionar un software lo suficientemente completo como Neobook, ¿Cuál sería la sugerencia ?.
yanzco

Re: Where to migrate if Neobook is finished?

Post by yanzco »

theres nothing like neobook..
but maybe lazarus is the closest i can think of..
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

Palamar wrote:Where to migrate if Neobook is finished. If you had to mention a sufficiently complete software like Neobook, what would be the suggestion?

ESPAÑOL: Donde migrar si Neobook se termina. Si tuvieras que mencionar un software lo suficientemente completo como Neobook, ¿Cuál sería la sugerencia ?.
You can try Longtion Application Builder, http://www.longtion.com/appbuilder/appbuilder.htm, similar to Neobook, not quite, of course, and not good as Neobook but, IMHO, good choice to migrating in different RAD.
David de Argentina

Post by David de Argentina »

Hi overthere !

My opinion is in this link:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22149

Greetings from Buenos Aires,
David de Argentina
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

Longtion Application Builder is limited to database driven applications only. That is only a small part of what Neobook can do with the dbPro plugin. Not even close to being an alternative to Neobook.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit
16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
Software made with NeoBook
http://highdesertsoftware.com
dglojnar

Post by dglojnar »

Wrangler wrote:Longtion Application Builder is limited to database driven applications only. That is only a small part of what Neobook can do with the dbPro plugin. Not even close to being an alternative to Neobook.
Totally agree :-)
But, I didn't find anything like Neobook - stabile, high learnig curve and easy to handle, and Longtion have a "similar" concept as Neobook...
Maybe there's some RAD we don't know yet ?
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

LiveCode would be something to look at.
Wrangler
--------------
"You never know about a woman. Whether she'll laugh, cry or go for a gun." - Louis L'Amour

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
mishem

Post by mishem »

AutoPlay Media Studio

But NeoBoock nothing can compare.
If only Delfi.
:)
Wrangler

Post by Wrangler »

@mishem Agreed.
Wrangler
--------------

16GB Ram
Asus GTX 950 OC Strix
mishem

Post by mishem »

Was have guys one the good idea, UkiRAD. Released alpha version, and stopped.
Could be a serious competitor. Support for Unicode, support for different platforms, the ability to work with dynamic libraries, etc. But very raw. To work with what you have released is not possible. And the guys had to go somewhere. And the site was closed.
In General, NeoBoock is a very good springboard for learning serious languages. If someone wants to find an alternative, do not waste time, move on.
HPW

Post by HPW »

Hello,

I can understand all concerns from the community.

For me, neobook is alive, as long it is the right tool to get the job done. And it still does it for me. :wink:

Also when I have not so much time as in the past, I still support neobook's plugins:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9926&p=11223010#p11223010

So similar problem as with the neosoft resources. Most resources are needed for the main-job to pay the bills.

Regards
Hans-Peter
FLEUR DE MAI

Post by FLEUR DE MAI »

moi non plus je ne concidere pas neobook comme mort je m'en sert tous les jours pour develleper diversers outils pour mon boulot qui n'exixte ailleur.
alors vive neobook que la force soit avec lui
Palamar

Post by Palamar »

Hello:
Let's see, after more than a year without real activity, some think that Neobook is rearming. I do not want to be pessimistic and I hope, clearly, that this happens. But for now the thing is not in our favor. Dave has done nothing but mention his problems punctually, without giving a clue that this is really going to improve.
That's why my question. I think there are many more options, even better, such as directly jumping into Delphi (although for those of us who already work with the Neobook facility, it becomes tremendously impossible).
I know perfectly that Neobook still has validity, and that it will be in a few years, the problem is to do in the middle to then not find ourselves without tools to follow. Come on, plan B.

These are some tools considered so far (I would like to follow the list and at least be as information):

* AutoPlay Media Studio 8.5. It's Pago, I saw the forum, it's not as active either, but the resemblance to Neobook is surprising.

* Longtion Application Builder (And the RadApp Builder). It is payment but the truth is very cheap. I liked it too much for data management, very simple and powerful. Similar to Neobook in some aspects.

* Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (It has a Free version). Here we have a brilliant App in many concepts although a bit left in the database, anyway it is oriented to a section in which Neobook is harmful, the creation of video games.

* Illumination Software Creator. I was watching some tutorials of how weird but simple this program is, even for mobile programming. (payment)

Others?. I am always looking for something that resembles the possibilities of Neobook.

Greetings.

ESPAÑOL:

Hola:
Veamos, tras más de un año sin actividad real, algunos piensan que Neobook se rearma. No quiero ser pesimista y espero, claramente, que esto suceda. Pero por ahora la cosa no se ve a nuestro favor. Dave no ha hecho otra cosa que mencionar puntualmente sus problemas, sin dar una pista de que realmente esto vaya a mejorar.
Por eso mi pregunta. Creo que hay muchas más opciones, incluso mejores como directamente saltar a Delphi (aunque para los que ya trabajamos con la facilidad de Neobook se nos haga tremendamente imposible).
Sé perfectamente que Neobook aún tiene vigencia, y que lo tendrá en unos años más, el problema es que hacer en medio para luego no encontrarnos sin herramientas para seguir. Vamos, un plan B.

Estas son algunas herramientas consideradas hasta ahora (Me gustaría seguir la lista y que al menos quede como información):

* AutoPlay Media Studio 8.5. Es Pago, ví el foro, no está tan activo tampoco pero es sorprendente el parecido con Neobook.

* Longtion Application Builder (Y el RadApp Builder). Es pago pero la verdad es muy barato. Me gustó demasiado para manejo de datos, muy simple y potente. Similar a Neobook en algunos aspectos.

* Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (Tiene una versión Free). Aquí tenemos una App brillante en muchos conceptos aunque un poco quedada en base de datos, de todas maneras esta orientada para un apartado en el que Neobook es nefasto, la creación de videojuegos.

* Illumination Software Creator. Me quedé viendo unos tutoriales de lo raro pero simple que resulta este programa, incluso para programación para celulares. (pago)

¿Otros?. Estoy buscando siempre algo que se asemeje a las posibilidades de Neobook.

Saludos.
Ghatoo

Post by Ghatoo »

1 To the users of the forum I would say that they are not incendiary ... that they do not bury NB from now on with their comments and anecdotes, without knowing how things are really going to end.

2. About where to migrate if NB goes off, because we are all big kids and we must have a clear idea of ​​where our projects are pointing, at present it is not enough to know only one platform ... (there should always be a plan b) in my case it will be C # of Visual Studio.NET that is free, has hundreds of training videos, online support and a huge potential, but there are also other excellent alternatives {striving a little to relearn some programming} The same I will keep NB until the last minute, as my most beloved and favorite tool "with NB I gave my first steps of programming and that is not forgotten"

3 To the people of NB, I would say that silence is not good with a community of users who have been concerned to give their opinions and give good ideas, although it is true that NB people like any of us may be going through difficult circumstances , that is not enough reason not to give at least a short message that lets us know if future expectations should be kept or not ...

Think that not for all users NB has been a hobby ... surely some of us a few years ago we put our trust in a product that is certainly not bound to have a cycle of eternal permanance, but about which there should not be so much silence and mystery (none of us knows that NB is excellent, but what is happening with its creators if it generates doubts and concerns)

Reading the last comments I think that the line of concerns about possible updates has been crossed and we are entering a territory of alteration and panic that is reflected very well in the "diagnosis of agony and death" of Doc Gerardo Sanchez "Virger" who already as good emergenciologo (preventively) said goodbye! (of the NB and the forum) perhaps glimpsing the catastrophe that comes to us "when the patient no longer has a pulse" jejej

Doc, (Virger) greetings, I hope that far from saying goodbye, we have it for a long time supporting us in the forum as before (and that the emergence of the NB can be overcome)!

Gentlemen of NB say something ... good or bad but please say ...! if Kim Jong-un broke his silence you can do it too !!!

regards

Jairo

1 A los usuarios del foro les diría que no sean incendiarios... :twisted: que no sepulten a NB desde ya con sus comentarios y anécdotas , sin saber como van a terminar realmente las cosas!.

2. Sobre a donde migrar si NB se apaga, pues ya todos somos grandecitos y debemos tener una idea clara de a donde apuntan nuestros proyectos, en la actualidad no es suficiente conocer solo una plataforma...(siempre debe haber un plan b) en mi caso sera C# de Visual Studio.NET que es gratuito, tiene centenares de vídeos de formación, apoyo online y un potencial enorme, pero igualmente hay otras excelentes alternativas {eso si, esforzándose un poquito para reaprender algo de programación} Igual conservare NB hasta el ultimo minuto, como mi herramienta mas querida y favorita "con NB di mis primeros pasos de programación y eso no se olvida"

3 A las personas de NB, les diría que no es bueno tanto silencio con una comunidad de usuarios que se ha preocupado por opinar y dar buenas ideas, si bien es cierto que como cualquiera de nosotros pueden estar pasando por circunstancias difíciles, eso no es suficiente motivo para no dar al menos un corto mensaje que permita saber si se deben mantener expectativas a futuro o no.

Piensen que no para todos los usuarios NB ha sido un pasatiempo...seguramente algunos de nosotros hace unos años depositamos nuestra confianza en un producto que desde luego no esta obligado a tener un ciclo de permanencia eterno, pero sobre el cual no debería haber tanto silencio y misterio. (ninguno de nosotros desconoce que NB es excelente, pero lo que esta pasando con sus creadores si genera dudas y preocupaciones)

Leyendo los últimos comentarios creo que el foro ya cruzo la linea de las inquietudes sobre las posibles actualizaciones y entramos en un territorio de alteración y pánico que se refleja muy bien en el "diagnostico de agonía y muerte" del Doc Gerardo Sanchez "Virger" quien ya como buen emergenciologo (preventivamente) se despidió!!! (del NB y del foro) tal vez vislumbrando la catástrofe que se nos viene "cuando el paciente ya no tenga pulso" jejej

Doc, (Virger) saludos, espero que lejos de despedirse, lo tengamos mas bien por mucho tiempo apoyándonos en el foro como hasta ahora (y que la emergencia del NB se pueda superar)!

Señores de NB digan algo....bueno o malo pero digan por favor...! si Kim Jong-un rompió su silencio uds también lo pueden lograr!!! :lol:

Saludos

Jairo
Por favor no dejen morir a NeoBook! Please do not let NeoBook die!
StarterPack

Post by StarterPack »

"Where to migrate if Neobook is finished"
I can't imagine migrate to another app builder, just to start learning all over again. I know there are many people who wants to set the bar higher to build outstanding software, but for me it's worth coming home and relax in front of my Neobook. I love building Free software for my friends and family. Neobook is so user friendly. I know there's no more developing on Neobook itself, but I would love to see just one more update with a makeover (new look on buttons etc) and all plug-ins ever written for Neobook built in. Make it final Version 6 and I will buy it with no doubt.