Publication Border

General questions about NeoBook

Moderator: Neosoft Support

ajhunt

Publication Border

Post by ajhunt »

Hi All, can anyone help with how to create a publication without having a border around the publication. I am wishing to display a flashing transparent .png on top of all other applications but when I create a publication there is always a thin border line displayed. I have tried using Custom Window and that removs the thin line border around but then the transparancy around the edges of the graphic is ignored. Any help appreciated and many thanks.
Danito

Re: Publication Border

Post by Danito »

try ksFunctions
ksSetWindowMask - Apply given mask to window
http://neosoftware.com/community/viewto ... 036f8d5e03
virger

Post by virger »

In BOOK PROPERTIES
WINDOW
CUSTOM SHAPED WINDOW
Image_BackGround.png

With BackGround Picture TRANSPARENT
COSTA RICA
PURA VIDA
ajhunt

Post by ajhunt »

Many thanks Danito and Virger - will go look at both options. I never thought of the Custom Shaped Window. If in trouble or need help ask the experts. Thanks again guys.
ajhunt

Post by ajhunt »

Seems like the Custom Shaped Window works the best - pity the custom shape window can't be redefined/resized within the publication, unless I'm missing something!!! There really should be an option in the publication setup to have a border or no border when published.
ajhunt

Post by ajhunt »

Hi guys, I have tried both and Custom Window seems to work for me BUT is there a way to change the shape of the Custom Shaped Window within the runtime. I want the user to select from a few different shapes? I wish there was an option to compile the pub without a border or pub Custome Size less than 25x25 in pub setup and even tried setting the ScreenWidth and ScreenHeight in the .pub text file to 1 and 1 but when reloaded and compiled still makes the pub 25x25 and flashes for a brief second on the screen. Any suggestions guys on how to achieve this? Many thanks as always for and help or further suggestions.
mishem

Post by mishem »

ajhunt wrote:Any suggestions guys on how to achieve this?
http://neobooker.ru/forum/37-2396-1
ajhunt

Post by ajhunt »

Thank you mishem for your help, I will go look now. Your time and help is appreciated. :)