subrutine

Questions about using NeoBook's scripting language

Moderator: Neosoft Support

robertpet

subrutine

Post by robertpet »

is there an action in neobook that will let me save and create pages or is there a plugin I can use ?
or a work around in a script? and if it could save the text input in the fields would be great to.? thank you.
dpayer

Re: subrutine

Post by dpayer »

You can copy the objects from a page by selecting them and then select copy and then paste to notepad.

You can then paste these into a new page, effectively saving a page. You will need to manually add in the actions for the page itself though.

Saving the data entry is simply an issue of writing the content of those variables to disk.

Can you give a more detailed example of what you want to do?
David Payer
Des Moines, Iowa
USA
robertpet

Re: subrutine

Post by robertpet »

hi dave
thank you for helper me I got neobook and I downloaded the dbpro plugin and they had an example of an address book so I some changes and I understand the code sum what but I needed more fields
so I added 2 more fields but they are not being recognized by the variable I guess here is the code I want to add 2 fields (earthborn & propak )on the page variables are (earthbornE and propakP )
in the properties of the fields. but when I update the files clears the others but not those 2 I know I am missing something little just cant put my finger on it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:DataBaseUpdate
SetVar "[OldError]" "[dbfError]"
dbfGetSeqRecordNumber "[PubDir]sample.dbf" "[CurRec]"
dbfQueryCount "[PubDir]sample.dbf" "[RecCount]"
TrackBarSetMax "TrackBar1" "[RecCount]"
SetVar "[DbfError]" "[OldError]"
Return

:DatabaseOpen
If "[DBStatus]" "<>" "Open"
dbfCreate "[PubDir]Sample.dbf" "FIRSTNAME,String,25|LASTNAME,String,25|STREET,String,50|CITY,String,25|STATE,String,2|ZIP,String,10|COMMENTS,Memo,0" "DataBaseUpdate"
dbfSetColumnTitles "[PubDir]sample.dbf" "First Name|Last Name|Street|City|State|Zip|Comments"
dbfSetColumnWidths "[PubDir]sample.dbf" "90|90|177|100|40|60|358"
dbfSetTitleStyle "[PubDir]sample.dbf" "219,219,219" "Arial" "9" "Normal" "Black"
dbfSetCellStyle "[PubDir]sample.dbf" "236,233,216" "Arial" "9" "Normal" "WindowText"
SetVar "[DBStatus]" "Open"
EndIf
Return

this is in the books background page the gosub is on the first page of the book ( gosub databaseopen )
on the 2nd line of code by the end of memo,0 I want to add the variable (earthbornE ) could I do this ( comments,memo,0|earthbornE,memo," "databaseUpdate"

thanks again for helping me bob.